• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Deaths

The guy in the wall is weird. He entered the women's washroom, climbed through a vent in the ceiling that was beside the wall, then climbied (or fell) behind the wall, where I have to assume he got stuck and positionally asphyxiated himself.

What makes it pretty weird is how did he know there was a vent in the women's washroom, and that there was a space behind the wall?
Was he trying to hide to rob the place later, or was he trying to sneak a peek at the ladies (creepy!)?

I don't know what it is about it, but bodies hidden in walls gives me the creeps!

Really? I've always found it perfectly acceptable :D

Bog drains can stink, absolutely awful. I have smelled rotting flesh, including a decomposing human corpse, and it's a similar sort of smell.
I've smelt necrosis flesh, when maggot therapy was used with charcoal enthused dressing to reduce the smell factor stress to patients .. melenic (incorrect spelling) bowel cancer's a weird one .. people poo black 'oil slicks' in later stages that actually smell like an appetising barbecue smell until you remember what is actually happening ... this is the small stuff we have to keep the public/relatives from knowing about ..

Giraffe headbutts and kills filmmaker at South African safari lodge

‘We are not going to shoot Gerald. He was not in the wrong’

Carlos Carvalho, 47, was taking closeups of the animal named Gerald when it suddenly swung its neck and knocked him flying through the air.

“The giraffe started chasing the boom swinger who joined our unit,” he told the
Sun. “We didn’t feel threatened because he just seemed to be inquisitive.

“We started shooting closeups of its body and its feet. Then while Carlos was looking through the camera eyepiece Gerald swung his neck and hit him against his head.

Mr Carvalho died of his injuries that night after being flown to a Johannesburg hospital, said filming agency CallaCrew.

Depending on the conditions - temperature, humidity etc - that might be enough for a corpse to hum a bit.

The human body starts to decompose - IIRC - four minutes after death.

Believe me, after three days a corpse makes its presence felt.

maximus otter

I defer to the voices of experience. I probably should have thought about it for more than 10 seconds.

I defer to the voices of experience.

Regrettably, yes.

Tips from someone who’s been there, bought the T-shirt then had to burn it because he attended a job of this nature:

1. Look through the windows first. The presence of snowdrifts of dead flies on the internal window sills is not a good sign.

2. Open the letter box and have a good sniff. If what you detect definitely ain’t Pledge, you’ll be glad that you...

3. ...Always carry a pot of Vick.

maximus otter

Last edited:
I defer to the voices of experience. I probably should have thought about it for more than 10 seconds.

Oh it's ALL about the conditions. Wet, dry, moist, warm, cold, ventilated, closed-in, wrapped, uncovered, dressed, undressed, intact, cut up... urk.

The Mrs says "I could have done that" (necking a mini Maccy D in one) .. she probably could ..

RIP, it's all very sad etc... but surely this is Darwin award material

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-jordan-easton-teeside-inquest-a8402961.html

What he was wearing may have been what's known colloquially as a 'stab vest', which is made of Kevlar fabric and is actually intended to be slash-proof.

So it'd protect him from someone else who's waving a knife around but not from a direct stab.

The police use them but rely on disarming the knife-wielder with a baton long before knife hits jacket.

Terrible way to go.

A woman died after getting trapped in an airing cupboard while on holiday, an inquest has heard.

Elizabeth Isherwood, 60, from Wolverhampton, tried to break out using a piece of water pipe.

But after breaking the pipe, she got sprayed with water and subsequently died from hypothermia at Plas Talgarth Country Club near Pennal, Gwynedd.

Coroner Dewi Pritchard Jones recorded a conclusion of misadventure at a hearing in Caernarfon.

The inquest was told Ms Isherwood checked in on 23 September 2017, but her body was not found for a week.

It is believed she got trapped the night she arrived or the morning after when she was going to the toilet, but the coroner said it was difficult to know when.

The internal doorknob disintegrated, meaning she could not escape.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-44538699

So, nobody had been in to clean her room either ?

The resort appears to be a mix of self-catering apartments and bungalows, not a hotel. As such, cleaners probably only go in at the end of somebody's rental period before the next lot arrive.

The resort appears to be a mix of self-catering apartments and bungalows, not a hotel. As such, cleaners probably only go in at the end of somebody's rental period before the next lot arrive.
That's what it is - I've been there, and a lot of the apartments are, I believe, privately owned, and so presumably don't have cleaners at all. Nice place, nice setting, if you're in the area - and you can get day membership of the pool & health club, which is how I know of it. Handy for those days when it's too rainy for the beach.

Back