• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

I just emailed them and awaiting reply. I did let them know that earlier in the year when I contacted them for the same reason, that my replacement issues mailed directly from them arrived in a week.

The subsequent 420 issue was received about 6 weeks following it being released in UK. This is a usual timeframe. Perhaps some of my info might help them to figure out where the missing issues are going.

I never received any duplicate issues ie the original missing ones.:dunno:

Apparently, it's one of those words in the Scottish English dictionary.
Yes. I looked it up. I kind of laugh when people use extra long words to express a simple idea. "Timely"comes to mind.

Just to put my statement into its ironical place, I'm Canadian and use the British spellings of words such as colour, neighbour etc. just to be intentionally different to my American counterparts. So I use words with extra letters as well:hahazebs:.

Wee!!! I just got issue 422 for September. I shall devour it in one bite as usual.

I have not received a reply to my email. Which is a little unusual as last time, I had a quick response.

No new issues either.

Yes. I looked it up. I kind of laugh when people use extra long words to express a simple idea. "Timely"comes to mind.

Just to put my statement into its ironical place, I'm Canadian and use the British spellings of words such as colour, neighbour etc. just to be intentionally different to my American counterparts. So I use words with extra letters as well:hahazebs:.
It's a perfectly cromulent word.

I have not received a reply to my email. Which is a little unusual as last time, I had a quick response.

No new issues either.
Still no reply and I sent another inquiry to my first no response from my early October email last week.

I got a reply Monday. They said the issues had been sent (originally) and are resending them.

I can't imagine where they are going to. I get none sent in the regular distribution and they don't even show up after everything is remedied.

Another country? A friend of mine just started his own small publishing company and one of his orders was sent to a US state, Indiana instead of India (iirc) the country.

My FTs arrive ok now but for years issues just disappeared and had to be replaced.

I worked in Store St Dublin at one stage and a package arrived for Stor in Denmark.

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I really just wanted to vent about the problems I've been having with my subscription. I no longer live in the UK and for a gift at the beginning of this year, my dad paid for a yearly subscription for me. Only the first 2 issues so far have showed up as they should have done...

After the next 3 failed to show up, I emailed Diamond and the person who helped me was fantastic, really helpful. They said that they thought the issue was that my magazines were being sent to the billing address, which wasn't true, but anyway... they sent me a bundle of the missing magazines which arrived quickly.

I have had to email them twice more since then, as no other magazines have shown up. The same person at Diamond responds to me every time, and they are always great with their customer service, don't get me wrong. But now I just feel guilty to keep hassling them, and I am sure they don't believe me anyway!

So only 5 issues in total have arrived for me this year... not great and I don't think I will bother subscribing again. I think I'll just have to ask someone in the UK to stockpile them for me until I get home :(

Anyway, rant over, I feel better now. And hello to everyone :)

I really just wanted to vent about the problems I've been having with my subscription. ...

(1) Now that you've surfaced as visible on the forum - Welcome!

(2) Coincidentally, I've received a notice from the FT staff advising me print subscribers are being given digital access through December 2022 (due to risk of a postal strike). If the app / access permits accessing earlier issues this might be a way to catch up ...

See my post about this December access at:

Digital Access To FT Through December 2022 (For Print Subscribers)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...gh-december-2022-for-print-subscribers.70068/

I really just wanted to vent about the problems I've been having with my subscription. I no longer live in the UK and for a gift at the beginning of this year, my dad paid for a yearly subscription for me. Only the first 2 issues so far have showed up as they should have done...

After the next 3 failed to show up, I emailed Diamond and the person who helped me was fantastic, really helpful. They said that they thought the issue was that my magazines were being sent to the billing address, which wasn't true, but anyway... they sent me a bundle of the missing magazines which arrived quickly.

I have had to email them twice more since then, as no other magazines have shown up. The same person at Diamond responds to me every time, and they are always great with their customer service, don't get me wrong. But now I just feel guilty to keep hassling them, and I am sure they don't believe me anyway!

So only 5 issues in total have arrived for me this year... not great and I don't think I will bother subscribing again. I think I'll just have to ask someone in the UK to stockpile them for me until I get home :(

Anyway, rant over, I feel better now. And hello to everyone :)
As per my earlier couple of posts. I have received only a few issues via regular mail delivery. All others never appear.

I did just receive my replacement issues that I was talking about, just upthread.

Three issues were replaced and came in two weeks ago. Oddly, my October regular distribution, with Canada on postmark, arrived in the same delivery with the replacements.

As I've said before, I have no idea what the postal services (which country:dunno:) are doing. My issues came regularly all through the lockdown times of the pandemic.

I may just relent and subscribe digitally, but like to read a physical magazine and I can also share it. Unfortunately with all things digital, sharing is not encouraged.

Add on to my prior post above, I just got my September issue 422 in regular mail delivery. Again I have no idea where they get to in between.

Add on to my prior post above, I just got my September issue 422 in regular mail delivery. Again I have no idea where they get to in between.
As per my earlier couple of posts. I have received only a few issues via regular mail delivery. All others never appear.

I did just receive my replacement issues that I was talking about, just upthread.

Three issues were replaced and came in two weeks ago. Oddly, my October regular distribution, with Canada on postmark, arrived in the same delivery with the replacements.

As I've said before, I have no idea what the postal services (which country:dunno:) are doing. My issues came regularly all through the lockdown times of the pandemic.

I may just relent and subscribe digitally, but like to read a physical magazine and I can also share it. Unfortunately with all things digital, sharing is not encouraged.
I have 422, but all issues since have failed to appear. I also subscribe to Private Eye, and they arrive from England, so why not FT?

Has anyone received the Christmas issue yet? It was due to be out on the 1st of December but I guess my copy has been delayed by the Postal strikes. It is probably stuck with the parcels I have been waiting for for nearly two weeks.

Has anyone received the Christmas issue yet? It was due to be out on the 1st of December but I guess my copy has been delayed by the Postal strikes. It is probably stuck with the parcels I have been waiting for for nearly two weeks.

Got it on Wednesday. I'm in RoI, no problems with subscription since new owners took over, Used to be terrible before that.

Okay. Thanks for replying. It is the first problem I have had with the FT subscription. Hopefully it might turn up next week with the other post I am waiting for.
@Venkmans on the case, I just copied Enola’s post and link for the magazine’s print subscribers:

(2) Coincidentally, I've received a notice from the FT staff advising me print subscribers are being given digital access through December 2022 (due to risk of a postal strike). If the app / access permits accessing earlier issues this might be a way to catch up ...

See my post about this December access at:

Digital Access To FT Through December 2022 (For Print Subscribers)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...gh-december-2022-for-print-subscribers.70068/

I have downloaded the app myself and it works. It is also easy to use.

@Venkmans on the case, I just copied Enola’s post and link for the magazine’s print subscribers:

I have downloaded the app myself and it works. It is also easy to use.
Thanks for that. I also had the e-mail and have (eventually) accessed the app. It didn't work the first time I tried it. I forgot I had the e-mail as I had so many recently for black Friday.
I am very old fashioned though and I am looking forward to getting the printed copy soon hopefully.

Thanks for that. I also had the e-mail and have (eventually) accessed the app. It didn't work the first time I tried it. I forgot I had the e-mail as I had so many recently for black Friday.
I am very old fashioned though and I am looking forward to getting the printed copy soon hopefully.
I like reading print as well

I live in Sweden and subscribed for several years without any problems.
My latest subscription started with the May issue (418). It was a bit torn (though it was in plastic, never happened before).
After that one, I had to contact them every month because the magazines "disappeared".
June issue - I only received the replacement copy. July - First the replacement and then the original one. August - Not the first one, not the replacement, but the second replacement. September - First the replacement then the original one. October - Only the replacement. November and December - only the replacement.
Xmas issue - still waiting, nothing unusual about that, it used to take up to 25 days for them to reach me.
So, no more subscription for me in the future.
I really wonder what happens to all those "lost" magazines. The replacements arrives rather quick.
I did check out the app, but like many others, want my paper.

Very good communication with the Customer Service Executive.
I had to pay extra for the two latest replecements.
She wrote this comment: "..We are getting reports that the Swedish Post Office are charging an arbitrary € 12 for any large letter deliveries. It's not all the time and it seems to be pretty random as to who and when they charge."

I'm missing the October (423) issue, the Christmas issue (426) and the January issue is yet to arrive. I've tried to mention this with the subscription site, but can't work out how to get a message through about my missing issues...

I'm missing the October (423) issue, the Christmas issue (426) and the January issue is yet to arrive. I've tried to mention this with the subscription site, but can't work out how to get a message through about my missing issues...
Hi Dinobot. Here's a link to a thread started by Enola:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/fortean-times-new-ownership.69103/

It has contact info.

Add on: I have used the email address and have had success with it. Make sure you have your account ID.

Back