• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

Wondering if the discussion regarding IQ and testing should be separated from Medical Mysteries, Bizarre Cases thread?

Probably.

Depends for the moment on whether that's a big task.

I'll take a look.

Mine and Ramon's (noted by Tunn11 above) have now been merged.

And who, thinkest thou, rendered them so?

giphy-4.gif

More?

I already merged two threads on this!
Not quite as many threads as rooms she allegedly slept in in various castles across England and Scotland!

Not quite as many threads as rooms she allegedly slept in in various castles across England and Scotland!

You remind me of Three Men in a Boat:

I mused on Kingston, or “Kyningestun,” as it was once called in the days when Saxon “kinges” were crowned there. Great Cæsar crossed the river there, and the Roman legions camped upon its sloping uplands. Cæsar, like, in later years, Elizabeth, seems to have stopped everywhere: only he was more respectable than good Queen Bess; he didn’t put up at the public-houses.
She was nuts on public-houses, was England’s Virgin Queen. There’s scarcely a pub. of any attractions within ten miles of London that she does not seem to have looked in at, or stopped at, or slept at, some time or other. I wonder now, supposing Harris, say, turned over a new leaf, and became a great and good man, and got to be Prime Minister, and died, if they would put up signs over the public-houses that he had patronised: “Harris had a glass of bitter in this house;” “Harris had two of Scotch cold here in the summer of ’88;” “Harris was chucked from here in December, 1886.”
No, there would be too many of them! It would be the houses that he had never entered that would become famous. “Only house in South London that Harris never had a drink in!” The people would flock to it to see what could have been the matter with it.

Saw an alert that my thread innovative insults and phrases was moved to a different forum. No problem and it's in chat which is where I thought I'd put it.

Out of curiosity where had I put it? Don't want to do anything daft again; I'll look a total cockwomble. :)

Saw an alert that my thread innovative insults and phrases was moved to a different forum. No problem and it's in chat which is where I thought I'd put it.

Out of curiosity where had I put it? Don't want to do anything daft again; I'll look a total cockwomble. :)

I think it was THE HUMAN CONDITION.

Which wouldn't be really terribly out of place, but the content was pretty much non-Fortean.

Hope you don't mind.

Not at all, I thought I'd put it in chat. Can't have been concentrating.
Sorry for the bother. :)

I wonder if The Spalding Incident, currently under Ufology, would be better off in Ghosts? The OP interpreted it as possible alien abduction, but there was no UFO, and the description and the context of a similar apparition in the area make it seem to fit in the ghost category.

I wonder if The Spalding Incident, currently under Ufology, would be better off in Ghosts? The OP interpreted it as possible alien abduction, but there was no UFO, and the description and the context of a similar apparition in the area make it seem to fit in the ghost category.

Perhaps General Forteana.

Could "Street light interference" (in IHTM) and "Street Lamp Interference and Me" (also in IHTM) be merged into one thread?

Could "Street light interference" (in IHTM) and "Street Lamp Interference and Me" (also in IHTM) be merged into one thread?

We tend not to merge any IHTM posts.

What you will find--when I get round to it--is they will both be 'tagged' similarly, so clicking on one will take you to the other, and vice versa.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...al-warming-swindle.29281/page-27#post-2252810

This thread keeps on being about how much people are affected by celebrities not practicing what they preach. Could this be hived off into a separate thread so the original premise remains? Or change the thread title? I'd suggest putting it into chat but there's some good stuff earlier.
Agreed. It’s turned into a tedious whinge-fest about rich people.

A thread of its own - Hypocrisy Of The Rich - would make it easier to avoid, & those interested can whinge away to their heart’s content. Dunno where you’d put it though - nothing very Fortean about it though. Or conspiratorial.

Agreed. It’s turned into a tedious whinge-fest about rich people.

A thread of its own - Hypocrisy Of The Rich - would make it easier to avoid, & those interested can whinge away to their heart’s content. Dunno where you’d put it though - nothing very Fortean about it though. Or conspiratorial.
But from what I've read, you don't consider there to be a conspiracy concerning global warming anyway? So for you, that thread is not 'Fortean' or 'conspiratorial' either?

But from what I've read, you don't consider there to be a conspiracy concerning global warming anyway? So for you, that thread is not 'Fortean' or 'conspiratorial' either?
I’m prepared to consider the evidence for a conspiracy. Rich hypocrites don’t really add to evidence of conspiracy. Imo.

It results in a list of people to disapprove of. We could probably all add to that if we put our minds to it but it’s a fairly tiresome occupation. Again Imo.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...al-warming-swindle.29281/page-27#post-2252810

This thread keeps on being about how much people are affected by celebrities not practicing what they preach. Could this be hived off into a separate thread so the original premise remains? Or change the thread title? I'd suggest putting it into chat but there's some good stuff earlier.

Apologies—a busy day yesterday.

The thread became so tedious that I stopped reading it, but I agree: it's now even more tedious.

The posts between yours and mine on this thread perfectly demonstrate the problem.

When I get time (I'm marking essays on a crowded train), I'll remove the celebrity material and put it elsewhere.

Please be patient.

Back