• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Broadcasts From The Future & Phantom Websites

back on topic, i remember reading about someone whose television cut out to a newsflash about the explosion of a local factory. They were the only person locally who saw this on TV, but the odd thing was that the event happened the following day. It seems a bit like a psychic premonition projected onto the TV: perhaps your event was something like that?

I had a very strange experience with a television broadcast as a child. I was around 6 or 8 years old I guess,so 1974 or a few years earlier.
I was watching an episode of "Underdog"--- a cartoon in the US.
It was an episode I had seen before(in it's normal version) but this time all of the characters voices were interchanged.
There were probably 6 characters and no one had their right voice.
As I said,I had seen the cartoon in it's normal version before so I knew that it wasn't something in the plot where the personalities get switched and everyone talks in another character's voice.

Does anyone remember this? I never heard of any explanation for this. I thought perhaps the show's producers were just having a little fun with the audience maybe,but it really made no sense.

I am sure I wasn't dreaming and it was rather frustrating and confusing to me as to why this was going on.

I have since,as an adult had premonitions tied into electronic transmissions as the TV and radio.
Although I really don't see a connection between the two types of experiences.

A commercial for what? And how long was this commercial? Surely they didnt use the whole episode of the cartoon?

realspooky said:
Well there are many strange people in Nottingham!...

You've obviously been here on a friday night. :D

Sorry, off topic I know

Elffriend said:
You've obviously been here on a friday night. :D

Sorry, off topic I know

I live here and have been out many a friday night! An experience every time!

Eh hem, back on topic then......

(originally posted by Mongoose)
It was a commercial and has been dealt with by FT years ago

Are you referring to the Underdog cartoon or the broadcast from the future on the BBC?

In about 1969 I was lying on the couch watching tv when there was an announcement that an expedition to Mars had found some signs of microscopic life. Then it showed a footage flying over a really dusty looking plain with rocks. I turned to my husband and said "I didn't know they had gone to mars yet" and he said that he didn't either and we talked about it for awhile. Later when I went to work I tried to talk about it and noone else had seen it, and none else seemed to have either.
It was only recently with Mars in the news that I remembered it.
I would have thought it was a dream except that my husband saw it as well.

In about 1969 I was lying on the couch watching tv when there was an announcement that an expedition to Mars had found some signs of microscopic life. Then it showed a footage flying over a really dusty looking plain with rocks. I turned to my husband and said "I didn't know they had gone to mars yet" and he said that he didn't either and we talked about it for awhile. Later when I went to work I tried to talk about it and noone else had seen it, and none else seemed to have either.

Isis said:

I'm sure they did find something in a rock on Mars, and the flying over the red terrain could have been a computer simulation, as they use in documentaries?

Yes they did say that they thought they found some evidence in rocks that were here already and that was fairly recently. It was just like you were in a plane flying over the terrain and it wasn't terribly red but it did look dry, and this was about 1969 when they didn't use computer simulations much I don't think.

What a fascinating subject. Wish it'd happen to me!

When pagers were all the rage years ago, I had one and it gave free news updates. One was about Suzy Lamplugh, saying that new information was being examined by police about the possible whereabouts of her body.

I am very interested in that case and looked eagerly for developments on TV, radio and the newspapers- zilch. :confused:
The pager message seemed to imply that she was about to be located, or at least a shallow grave was.

:( Poor girl.

Isis said:
Yes they did say that they thought they found some evidence in rocks that were here already and that was fairly recently. It was just like you were in a plane flying over the terrain and it wasn't terribly red but it did look dry, and this was about 1969 when they didn't use computer simulations much I don't think.

Very true, could have been a helicopter flying over a desert to simulate what they thought Mars would look like? Just thinking of possible solutions :)

I suppose it may well have been a simulation like that, but why did they say that they had found evidence of some type of life, and why didn't anyone else see it? I used to know quite a lot of people and you would think someone else would have seen it.

Strange. The only other thing I can think of is that you miss head it. Other than that, I'm stumped.

realspooky said:
Very true, could have been a helicopter flying over a desert to simulate what they thought Mars would look like? Just thinking of possible solutions :)

The alien landscapes in 2001 (1968) where filmed like that then processed to give them alien phychodelic colours. A lot of the film is atually of Scotland - you can recobnise some places if you are familiar with them!

waitew said:
I've heard of radio transmissions from the past being heard today.I'm tolds it's possible for radio signals to bounch off objects in space & be reflected back towards Earth.I remember hearing about an incident in which the QE2 recived a message originally intended for the Queen Mary sent during WWII.I don't know if it's true or just an UL.I've never heard of tranmissions from the future though.

I saw something about this on TV. If I remember correctly, they spoke with the radio operator that claimed to have received the message.

Does anyone have any links to more information on this topic. There are legitimate scientists that speculate that light may travel through a dimension other than here and now.

I for one think that there are, if not an infinite number of dimensions, certainly more than the ones we presently recognize.

Speaking of weird TV happenings...

I have a bizarre yet persistent memory involving one of the Olympics that took place at some point during the 80s (could have been summer or winter).
I think it was either the opening or closing ceremony. I have a vague memory of a lot of fanfair and smoke as some sort of figure stepped out of what seemed to be a huge spaceship-type structure high up in the stands. I know this sounds bizarre but my memory of it is pretty vague - I was born in 1981 therefore was quite young at the time. I presume the experience was the result of the overactive imagination of a child, but I am sure that it is based on some actual event of an ostensibly similar type that probably has a rational and rather mundane explanation - any ideas? This memory has intrigued me ever since, and would really like to know if any event of the type (i.e. a ceremony with an extra-terrestrial theme) ever took place.

Also, a year or two ago I was watching a news channel into the small hours and recall some breaking news regarding a hi-jacked plane. I went to bed expecting to hear more about it in the morning, but I never heard of it again. One explanation could be that it was not a news-worthy item by the next the day, but this seems unlikely, especially considering it was post-11/9.
Reports of this type seem to crop up regularly in FT - mistaken reporting due to misinformation by a media keen to cover-up such an embarassment being the most probable explanation.

(I am moving back to nottingham next month after an absence of 4 years - so thats (at least) 5 FT readers)

Welcome home Jimi.....(or it will be next month) although there have not been any weird TV happenings here of late.

Im in Notts too....are there quite a few of us???

(sorry to go of topic!)

Jimi said:

I have a bizarre yet persistent memory involving one of the Olympics that took place at some point during the 80s (could have been summer or winter).
I think it was either the opening or closing ceremony. I have a vague memory of a lot of fanfair and smoke as some sort of figure stepped out of what seemed to be a huge spaceship-type structure high up in the stands. I know this sounds bizarre but my memory of it is pretty vague - I was born in 1981 therefore was quite young at the time. I presume the experience was the result of the overactive imagination of a child, but I am sure that it is based on some actual event of an ostensibly similar type that probably has a rational and rather mundane explanation - any ideas? This memory has intrigued me ever since, and would really like to know if any event of the type (i.e. a ceremony with an extra-terrestrial theme) ever took place.

I suppose it could have been the LA Olympics in 1984. I know they had all sorts of strange things.

Jimi said:

I think it was either the opening or closing ceremony. I have a vague memory of a lot of fanfair and smoke as some sort of figure stepped out of what seemed to be a huge spaceship-type structure high up in the stands.

It was the closing ceremony of the LA Olympics (1984) that featured an alien congratulating the people of Earth on this endeavour (ie the Games) was all part of the act - sorry dude!

China cloning announcement

A couple of years ago (can't remember the exact date) my girlfriend and I were chatting on the sofa whilst the TV was burbling away in the corner. It was tuned to BBC2 so there were no commercials to use as a marketing explanation of what heppened next.

The previous programme has just finished and we both became aware of the female announcer saying something along the lines of "Due to the recent announcement by China that they have successfuly managed to clone a human will now be showing a diffrent programme to the advertised one."

(I can't remember what the new programme was supposed to be) We stared at each other in amazement and started discussing the implications of such an event. However, the next programme on BBC2 was nothing to do with cloning! Confused, we scanned the BBC's news website but could find no mention of China's breakthrough. Nor was there any mention in subsequent news items.

When we quizzzed everyone at work the next day no-one knew what we were going on about, which isn't suprising as China has made no such announcement !

Strange.

Thanks for the confirmation of my memory LobeliaOverhill, although I kinda knew I hadnt witnessed an extra-terrestrial hijacking of the olympic games. I'm satisfied to have an explantion of the event after all this time (thought admittedly i had never really looked into it). Despite only being 3 at the time, the experience must have had quite an impact on me for it to have stuck in my memory. I have been fascinated by UFOs for as long as i can remember - maybe this is the root of it all.

Back