• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Oh, apparently it’s last thing Saturday now.
IMG_3075.jpeg

People must cotton on that Tom making it up.
The three Bold Street timeslip witnesses in Episode 3.3 of the podcast all sounded made up. The language used reads/sounds like fiction rather than someone just describing what happened to them.

The sheer number of timeslip stories he is 'uncovering' in the Merseyside area just strikes me as pushing it a little. If there had just been one or two instances then I'd be more inclined to think there may be something in it. I get the impression that the people of Merseyside have realised that he will regurgitate any of their stories in order to get his stories in the news.

I thought it was hilarious that Danny had Barry 'Parapod' Dodds on as his expert believer on episode 2.1 of the Podcast. I nearly spat out my coffee.

Now don't get me wrong I have a lot of time for Barry as he doesn't try to hide his unwavering belief and takes Ian's mickey-taking in his stride. For a while I was convinced he was a character; But after meeting and chatting to him after the Parapod Movie premiere in Chester he is definitely not a character. He came across as very sincere in his beliefs and a really nice bloke to go along with it.

But would I have him on my podcast as an expert, erm...nope.

Last edited:
The three Bold Street timeslip witnesses in Episode 3.3 of the podcast all sounded made up. The language used reads/sounds like fiction rather than someone just describing what happened to them.

The sheer number of timeslip stories he is 'uncovering' in the Merseyside area just strikes me as pushing it a little. If there had just been one or two instances then I'd be more inclined to think there may be something in it. I get the impression that the people of Merseyside have realised that he will regurgitate any of their stories in order to get his stories in the news.
Im not on FB,X but do people give Danny Uncanny Constructive Criticism.

I like him a lot but as far as I know he's not commented or addressed a) the fact they pretended to not know, and that Cate had no idea, until they uncovered it that Ms Howard definitely lived at that address b) that the only known source for the Frank time slip story has claimed the woman he interviewed was not the one involved in the incident.

There’s someone on the facebook page saying they are Ian and asking if anyone has questions.

https://www.facebook.com/share/W6KCcZqebEBc5UP2/?mibextid=K35XfP
"Ian Williams
Author
Bizarrely some of the phenomena happened to my daughter in our house in York, the crashing and banging and smashing of plates. She thought I was in the house playing a prank and phoned me at work really angry…I was at work.
The boy told Alex his name, Alex didn’t want it broadcast but what freaked us all out was the names of boys who died mining. The name of the boy was a nickname and the initials of one of the boys Danny discovered make up the nickname"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/uncannyfan/posts/1675152032961421/

Interesting.

With both radio and TV episodes plus radio episodes about TV episodes is anyone else finding it difficult to keep up and place a witness in a particular episode? I know I am...!

The problem for me is that there are what seem to be genuine time-slip witnesses (some have posted on here) and he is doing them a disservice with his fictional accounts
I had the same thoughts listening to the recent podcast with the voices of more alleged Bold Street witnesses. If they're not all attention seekers then I have to backtrack on suggesting Slemen invented the entire urban legend. Maybe the problem is not that he invents but that he doesn't discriminate enough in what he passes on to the public.

The alien encounter in Danny's book is pure Slemen...so maybe TS really does receive from the public the truly fantastical stories he reports.

Last edited:
Not quite sure what to make of S3 ep.3. Three girls who liked to party appeared to have stirred up something resentful in the house. OK, so I can just about buy the premise of a killjoy spirit, disconcerted by the hedonistic lifestyle of today's students, but some of the details just didn't ring true to me.
The male friend who thought he was talking to the landlord for at least two minutes for example. Two minutes is a long time - especially in a totally one-sided conversation. Also, the pulling off of the bedsheets is such an old horror film cliché, as is the "I swear I saw your face change - it didn't seem quite right" moment (and yes, it did remind me of that classic Genesis song).
I'm definitely fence-sitting on this one.

Has anyone ever done a map of hauntings with the locations and checked the underground network? I have lived over London tube lines and rail lines and have felt the vibrations - on top floors, middle floors and ground floors. I never had any hauntings myself but have felt the vibrations....
No vibrations there, tbf. I once sat an exam at Bedford College in London and remember feeling the vibrations from the tube, whilst trying to do this exam - very unsettling for a provincial. And never felt owt like that there, in the East London flat but dunno as I guess they're at different depths?

Nearest station was a fair walk away but I dunno where it went after that stop. On the Central line. That would be interesting to see if there was any correlation between the tubes/train lines and paranormal events because there might be some physical phenomenon to account for some of them, then.

And the guy has the rugby shirt as a souvenir?
Well that has to be a time slip first!
- Unless of course Tom just made that up.
This needs Danny to find a shop assistant from Whitty's in the 80s who swears blind they saw a man pick up one of their rugby shirts before suddenly disappearing.
The obvious thing about this story is that he had to 'disappear' with the shirt because he had no way of paying for it (or am I just being an ultra sceptic?).

Not quite sure what to make of S3 ep.3. Three girls who liked to party appeared to have stirred up something resentful in the house. OK, so I can just about buy the premise of a killjoy spirit, disconcerted by the hedonistic lifestyle of today's students, but some of the details just didn't ring true to me.
The male friend who thought he was talking to the landlord for at least two minutes for example. Two minutes is a long time - especially in a totally one-sided conversation. Also, the pulling off of the bedsheets is such an old horror film cliché, as is the "I swear I saw your face change - it didn't seem quite right" moment (and yes, it did remind me of that classic Genesis song).
I'm definitely fence-sitting on this one.
It was an intriguing radio episode and I will listen to it again but after my initial listen I find my self agreeing with your post and Team Skeptic. Have to say I found the "no drink or drugs" amongst art students perhaps the least believable bit (unless they were all strictly religious), I mean really, no-one ever turned up with a bottle of wine? I felt she was too eager to stress this apparent teetotalism which had the effect of making me suspicious rather than more believing.

I also agree with the face change and the duvet being pulled, both can be explained. For example, if you have long toenails you can get quite a good grip of the lower end of your duvet and make it 'levitate' and so on. As for the man mistaken for a landlord, well they seem to have had an open door policy and he may simply have been suffering some form of mental illness and hoping to doss down.

Also this is a terraced house, so what about the neighbours who may not have been happy about having noisy students next door. Could they have been able to interfere with the lights? For example, in some terraced houses you can access the attic space above your neighbours. In fact, a relative lives in a big old house divided into mortgaged flats that has a huge communal garden and have a committee to agree on how they place is run. It was recently discovered that a middle flat owner was illicitly engaged in building an attic 'den' above his neighbour's bedroom...! These things happen in real life and so was it a neighbour trying to spook them?

So for me it was a good dinner party tale but lacking in real substance.

Have also caught up with the radio Series 3 case update (bear park and Oxford). The time-slip witnesses were interesting, I especially like the steam train time-slip from Rowlands Gill and the house decorator in Stevenage and would love to know more. Does anyone know pdf these were discussed on any of his social media channels

As for the Bold Street witnesses, well he is evidently steering clear of Mr Slemen and sticking to the Julie tale. I just don't know about the first chap, he apparently witnesses a Victorian Christmas card scene in Bold Street but isn't interested enough to go and check it out? He also relates it in the manner of a story teller and not a witness. The second one sounds more feasible but lacks any real detail of the street environment but all the same it would be good to know more. The third one again begs the question of why didn't he go and investigate what he was seeing further? Him and his son are seeing something 'out-of-this-world' and they don't even stop to find other witnesses? Also this was 2015 so no mobile phone footage?

Another issue with the cases is that there was a busy high-level Central train station right next to Bold Street until Beeching closed it in the 1960s. So where are the steam train whistles, engine noises and smoke? The air quality of Liverpool back then would have been very different to now.

It seems Bold Street time-slips are a firmly imbedded urban legend in Liverpool and thus need to be treated with caution. That said, it would be fantastic if Danny were to devote more time to these and ultimately we only need one such case to stand-out with witnesses prepared to share their identities and we are back in the game...

Last edited:
I'd be very interested to know if a comparison was made between the man upstairs and the previous tenant. It sounds like a good description was made of the man by Paul.

Have also caught up with the radio Series 3 case update (bear park and Oxford). The time-slip witnesses were interesting, I especially like the steam train time-slip from Rowlands Gill and the house decorator in Stevenage and would love to know more. Does anyone know pdf these were discussed on any of his social media channels

As for the Bold Street witnesses, well he is evidently steering clear of Mr Slemen and sticking to the Julie tale. I just don't know about the first chap, he apparently witnesses a Victorian Christmas card scene in Bold Street but isn't interested enough to go and check it out? He also relates it in the manner of a story teller and not a witness. The second one sounds more feasible but lacks any real detail of the street environment but all the same it would be good to know more. The third one again begs the question of why didn't he go and investigate what he was seeing further? Him and his son are seeing something 'out-of-this-world' and they don't even stop to find other witnesses? Also this was 2015 so no mobile phone footage?

Another issue with the cases is that there was a busy high-level Central train station right next to Bold Street until Beeching closed it in the 1960s. So where are the steam train whistles, engine noises and smoke? The air quality of Liverpool back then would have been very different to now.

It seems Bold Street time-slips are a firmly imbedded urban legend in Liverpool and thus need to be treated with caution. That said, it would be fantastic if Danny were to devote more time to these and ultimately we only need one such case to stand-out with witnesses prepared to share their identities and we are back in the game...
I think your post should be sent to Danny....in fact he should offer you a job doing research :)

New episode that Danny trails as being about the first case they've covered about a haunted object.

Except, it's not the object thats haunted, and I can't really understand why he led with that...

I dunno whether it's just me, but this season (including the TV shows) has felt quite weak compared to the previous two seasons. Perhaps spreading themselves too thin.

New episode that Danny trails as being about the first case they've covered about a haunted object.

Except, it's not the object thats haunted, and I can't really understand why he led with that...

I dunno whether it's just me, but this season (including the TV shows) has felt quite weak compared to the previous two seasons. Perhaps spreading themselves too thin.
Yeah that annoyed me too. It didn’t happen when they moved. And I don’t think Ciaran understands how clockwork works.

Just listened to the latest Uncanny and...where have I heard this before?
Has it been on the IHTM forum? I'm sure I've heard about a haunted Fisher Price phone before (even though Elton's wasn't haunted!).
I used to have one as a kid, never rang by itself though...or did it

No vibrations there, tbf. I once sat an exam at Bedford College in London and remember feeling the vibrations from the tube, whilst trying to do this exam - very unsettling for a provincial. And never felt owt like that there, in the East London flat but dunno as I guess they're at different depths?

Nearest station was a fair walk away but I dunno where it went after that stop. On the Central line. That would be interesting to see if there was any correlation between the tubes/train lines and paranormal events because there might be some physical phenomenon to account for some of them, then.
This is one thing that fascinates me - the possibility of discovering potential physiological causes for some (maybe not all) strange experiences.

I know there was some strange idea of the Liverpool train network being some sort of cause for the phenomenon - or did I imagine/remember it wrongly?

I do wonder if it isn't just some sort of phenomena caused by vibrations/their effect on us. Has anyone really studied this in depth? I may have to do some searching.

Just listened to the latest Uncanny and...where have I heard this before?
Has it been on the IHTM forum? I'm sure I've heard about a haunted Fisher Price phone before (even though Elton's wasn't haunted!).
I used to have one as a kid, never rang by itself though...or did it
The odd thing is you can still get those phones even though phones look nothing like that these days.

I've listened to most of the podcast and just saw episode 1 of the TV series. I'm done. This is now so awful and full of holes, I just don't find it entertaining anymore. It's too annoying.

Back