• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
...and Indian burial grounds.
This is worse than the demon stories. How many people watched Poltergeist and then convinced themselves that everything was built over burial grounds?

I'm pretty sure that areas of Canada may be built over burial grounds since everyone is buried somewhere, but do we talk of hauntings because of this?:rolleyes:

Sub-conscious cultural guilt?
While I understand Danny wanting to 'cash in' on the US market after being a poorly-paid independent, I'm a little bit wary of if his chasing money overtaking his genuine interest.
The thing that caught me to the podcast was his very obvious interest and layman approach to the paranormal. If this gets lost in the flurry of sensationalism then I'd be saddened.

I've just finished Danny's book and found it a great read. Some really good stories. I'm still on the skeptical side of things, but there were some very compelling accounts.

I did get a bit concerned when he was discussing the Zigmund Adamski case as I thought he was going to fully link it with the other events surrounding Alan Godfrey. Luckily he specifically pointed out that it was the press that created the link. On the Astonishing Legends podcast, their investigations and interview with Philip Mantle, provided a much more believable story, that Adamski was murdered by his wife's family because he didn't want to go back to Poland and she did. I was surprised that Danny didn't interview Philip Mantle for the book.

Or "Ever since I can remember, I have been able to see ghosts".
1712337839710.png

@Aydee_Aitchdee can't even remember why I chose that avatar, maybe I looked like him 30 years ago but now I look more like Barney's alien...!

I realised i had been overlooking S1 Case 8 "The UFO in the Playground" featuring David Clarke and several listener UFO experiences. A great episode but I just got a niggling feeling Danny prefers ghosts and was a bit eager to write it all off a Stealth jet prototypes (might just be my interpretation though).

Also I am not the first to say that Series One of Uncanny plus the specials was stronger by many measures than what has followed. I wonder if this was due to Danny's other commitments with the book and live shows or did he lose some enthusiasm and hence this USA road trip? Perhaps Uncanny should be limited to one series in the Autumn after the clocks go back (best time to listen!) and the USA shows be under a different banner?

I maintain there will be no screaming or demons. You can come back and tell me you told me so if I am wrong but it just seems unlikely that Uncanny will suddenly turn into the worst kind of low-budget "reality" TV show. Why would it? The formula they have is very successful.

I am looking forward to it. I wonder if he will go to the Winchester Mansion? :D

I maintain there will be no screaming or demons. You can come back and tell me you told me so if I am wrong but it just seems unlikely that Uncanny will suddenly turn into the worst kind of low-budget "reality" TV show. Why would it? The formula they have is very successful.

I am looking forward to it. I wonder if he will go to the Winchester Mansion? :D
I hope so...

Edit:

We did have three excellent episodes from a British family in Newfoundland (S1 Summer Special) so it is not exactly a new direction for Uncanny

I hope not for god's sake, is it too much to ask for a new story, rather than trotting out the same ol' urban legends?

I say, if Ghost Adventures has done it, keep it off Uncanny.
I am sure he will do lots of new stories but it will be a good place to visit to get the sceptics viewpoint. That a place can make you feel weirded out, just because of the way it was built. I would like to visit it myself but am happy to let Danny do the actual travelling!

I am sure he will do lots of new stories but it will be a good place to visit to get the sceptics viewpoint. That a place can make you feel weirded out, just because of the way it was built. I would like to visit it myself but am happy to let Danny do the actual travelling!
I love you for being optimistic, and I hate to sound jaded and cynical but....they're not making a US show for British audiences. They're making an American show to woo American audiences.

I'd love to visit it. I first heard about it in the early 80s on Ripley's Believe It or Not (with Jack Palance, of course) and I've been fascinated ever since - but I don't think it's haunted, I think that's just clever marketing so they can bring in money to keep the fantastic house standing. I'd love a ramble through there some day but I'll probably never get out there.

I'd love to visit it. I first heard about it in the early 80s on Ripley's Believe It or Not (with Jack Palance, of course) and I've been fascinated ever since - but I don't think it's haunted, I think that's just clever marketing so they can bring in money to keep the fantastic house standing. I'd love a ramble through there some day but I'll probably never get out there.
I have heard that there is no haunting. Apparently just the weird layout of the place causes some people to feel uneasy.

I have heard that there is no haunting. Apparently just the weird layout of the place causes some people to feel uneasy.
Yeah, it's crazy - doors that open to nothing (I remember a picture of the kitchen that showed a working door in the ceiling and another exterior door that opened into nothing.) Staircases that stop dead at the ceiling, weird angles, etc. I'd love to see it, it's like a giant fun house.

On the Astonishing Legends podcast, their investigations and interview with Philip Mantle, provided a much more believable story, that Adamski was murdered by his wife's family because he didn't want to go back to Poland and she did. I was surprised that Danny didn't interview Philip Mantle for the book.
That's interesting. I got Alan Godfrey's book for Christmas and he was obviously annoyed that Adamski's murder was never solved. I will track down this Astonishing Legends podcast at some point.

I've lost interest track. Is the US version still a podcast or will it be TV?

Back