• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I keep the live volcano feed running on YouTube. Early this morning I could see FACES in the lava as it emerged from the cone. o_O

Showed Techy. He nodded and said 'We are all doomed.'
tumblr_d0c56f6ff9f1a3d82257f1d5c774f4c3_832f1b09_500.gif

I read somewhete that Hawaii has been gradually moving north over the millenia, older volcanic islands slowly sink back into the sea to be replaced with new land created from volcanic eruptions, link a big volcanic convayor belt.

Plate tectonics and the Hawaiian hotspot is a well-known phenomenon. Google (and spell check) is your friend - it's always a good idea to back up claims with references instead of just saying you "read somewhere". https://geology.com/usgs/hawaiian-hot-spot/

Etna erupting is a good thing. If it was not venting and releasing lava, but showing signs of inflating a magma chamber, then you might really have something to worry about.

Plate tectonics and the Hawaiian hotspot is a well-known phenomenon. Google (and spell check) is your friend - it's always a good idea to back up claims with references instead of just saying you "read somewhere". https://geology.com/usgs/hawaiian-hot-spot/
So firstly i wasnt 'claiming' anything, i was saying i remembered hearing somewhere, i cant remember where and ive git better things to do than research every thing ive ever read, secondly, from reading your link, what i remember reading was pretty much right and thirdly its pretty low to mock my spelling considering im dyslexic and dont have spell check on my phone, sorry we cant all be geologists like you.

So firstly i wasnt 'claiming' anything, i was saying i remembered hearing somewhere, i cant remember where and ive git better things to do than research every thing ive ever read, secondly, from reading your link, what i remember reading was pretty much right and thirdly its pretty low to mock my spelling considering im dyslexic and dont have spell check on my phone, sorry we cant all be geologists like you.
It's just a suggestion if you want people to take your comments seriously, which is never a bad thing. I never suggested you be anything but yourself but there are some best practices everyone can follow to keep the conversation at a decently high level.

Last edited:
It's just a suggestion if you want people to take your comments seriously, which is never a bad thing. I never suggested you be anything but yourself but there are some best practices everyone can follow to keep the conversation at a decently high level.
Nit pick much?

We don't encourage curbs on the posting of dyslexics BUT being encouraged to hunt for sources is appropriate.

Frideswide

People don't need your personal advice on how to post.

Nit pick much?
So pointing out that it's hard for people to read your posts is nitpicking? Nope. It's decent forum etiquette to correct obvious errors of various kinds. Let's be grown-ups here.
Also, if this forum was all full of people "just sayin'" random things they heard then I'll certainly visit less. I come here for information from knowledgeable posters. There are many.

I keep the live volcano feed running on YouTube. Early this morning I could see FACES in the lava as it emerged from the cone. o_O

Showed Techy. He nodded and said 'We are all doomed.'
He said that about waffles...

So pointing out that it's hard for people to read your posts is nitpicking? Nope. It's decent forum etiquette to correct obvious errors of various kinds. Let's be grown-ups here.
Also, if this forum was all full of people "just sayin'" random things they heard then I'll certainly visit less. I come here for information from knowledgeable posters. There are many.
I find Souleater's posts easy to read and understand.

After its volcano exhibited signs of potential imminent eruption an evacuation order has been issued for the island of St. Vincent.
St. Vincent evacuated due to volcanic threat

Authorities issued an evacuation order for the Caribbean island of St. Vincent on Thursday after a volcano began showing signs of an impending eruption.

The National Emergency Management Organization said the volcano, La Soufriére, has shown increased signs of steaming and smoking on St. Vincent, the largest island in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. ...

"The new dome has now reached the height of the crater on the Leeward side. Residents will now be able to see the glowing/fiery appearance of the dome as it gets dark and night approaches," the agency tweeted. ...

NEMO said vessels were dispatched to the island to help residents evacuate, including a Royal Caribbean cruise liner.

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...-grenadines-volcano-St-Vincent/6431617921167/

Last edited:
Back