• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I had to go and collect an empty giraffe trailer and take it to a field where an archaeological dig was going on. It was a horse trailer which had had its roof cut off and a similar horse trailer then welded on the top to make it twice as high.
Were they excavating a diplodocus?

Last night I dreamed I was on a train again. One of those 'needing the loo' dreams - which was odd because I woke up just after it and, despite vaguely wanting a wee it was nowhere near urgent enough to send me to the loo - where I was travelling on a train. I couldn't find the toilet and ended up finding an empty seat, where I decided I would just have to wee in a bucket, as nobody could see me. But the bucket was actually a bin) was full of rubbish, and when the man in the seat in front (an Indian lad) kind of looked back over his shoulder and into the bin and made a noise of disgust, I decided I couldn't do it. I pretended to have a coughing fit (or I may have been pretending to be sick, even I wasn't sure) to account for leaving, and got up and went in search of the toilets again.

Then it seemed that I was on board a boat, lots of people milling around and moving in and out like a motorway service station. I found a huge sign saying Toilet, but there was a group of elderly ladies indecisively grouped around outside and the entrance just seemed to lead to a corridor.

That's trains two nights in a row and I have no idea why as I'm not going anywhere!

I'm with others in a night-time Jurassic World-type scenario. I have to slide down a long muddy slope on my backside, pushing ahead of me a large box which is important for some reason.

At the bottom is a cluster of small metal structures (think "half-length shipping containers") next to a wide, dark river. We must be being pursued, because I recommend to my companions that we hide behind the containers.

From nowhere, one of our pursuers appears. He's actor Jerome Flynn:

iu

Flynn is on the river side of our containers. Suddenly, a huge aquatic dinosaur leaps from the water and seizes him. Flynn, amazingly, manages to kill the beast, then - out of our sight on the far side of the metal structures - starts to process its carcase (for food?).

Flynn's comrades find us and herd us into one of the containers, the whole side of which hinges aside as a door, but with a large open window cut in it. Despite the fact that we're armed, the baddies demand first that I hand over some keys in my possession.

Make of that rubbish what you will...

maximus otter

I was in a house with (dream ) friends. We were going to have some king of gathering and they were telling me that they didn't want another group of my friends to come.
The other dream I had I was seeing a psychiatrist who was seated in a booth with glass like you would see in a bank. He was very friendly and told me to relax and I wouldn't be so nervous.
In the other part of the dream my dream parents got me to dress in a burka for my safety and took me back to see him.
He didn't like the burka and wasn't very friendly, asking me why I wore it.
I presume these were because of the constant lockdowns here.

I was working for someone and I had to carve stone but I only had a claw hammer and a screwdriver, I was trying to contact him to get better tools.

Oddly, I had a dream this morning just before I woke up.

Found myself visiting a posh restaurant in a large, old building. Before going in to sit down, I decided to look for a loo. The loo wasn't in the usual place, so this middle-aged Russian-looking woman led me through parts of the restaurant that were for very select clientele. Went into a very dark room where only 3 people were seated. It was filled with the most bizarre antiques. The woman picked up a bundle of towels from the arm of a small statue, which triggered a secret door to open in the oak panelling. Off we went, down a very long corridor that tailed off into the distance.
The woman indicated a door where I would find the loo. A huge mahogany door, dating back to the 18th century. So I open the door, and see the most luxurious set of plumbing inside a gigantic room. It's beyond anything that a member of royalty would use. It's the most awesome loo ever built.
Then I woke up and had to toddle off to my squalid little loo in the real world, a major disappointment by comparison.

Oddly, I had a dream this morning just before I woke up.

Found myself visiting a posh restaurant in a large, old building. Before going in to sit down, I decided to look for a loo. The loo wasn't in the usual place, so this middle-aged Russian-looking woman led me through parts of the restaurant that were for very select clientele. Went into a very dark room where only 3 people were seated. It was filled with the most bizarre antiques. The woman picked up a bundle of towels from the arm of a small statue, which triggered a secret door to open in the oak panelling. Off we went, down a very long corridor that tailed off into the distance.
The woman indicated a door where I would find the loo. A huge mahogany door, dating back to the 18th century. So I open the door, and see the most luxurious set of plumbing inside a gigantic room. It's beyond anything that a member of royalty would use. It's the most awesome loo ever built.
Then I woke up and had to toddle off to my squalid little loo in the real world, a major disappointment by comparison.

No need to be a top psychologist to interpret this. It's your age.

This dream is your subconscious warning you of an upcoming excretory issue.
There will come a time when you will consider any toilet with even the most basic features of functionality and privacy will seem like the greatest luxury.

Give it a few years, prove me wrong. :wink2:

No need to be a top psychologist to interpret this. It's your age.

This dream is your subconscious warning you of an upcoming excretory issue.
There will come a time when you will consider any toilet with even the most basic features of functionality and privacy will seem like the greatest luxury.

Give it a few years, prove me wrong. :wink2:
If I get to live to 300, then what you predict will most assuredly come true.
This morning, however, I have had no problems at all with the excretion of vast amounts of poo.

^ Almost poetry ^

I just woke from a very vivid dream. I was in Exeter, (where I haven't lived for forty years), with a couple of people. I was looking for my eldest daughter and younger son, whom I'd left at home but who had decided to go out, and I needed to 'fetch them back'. I knew where all my other children were, but needed to get these two. The streets were very crowded, there was some kind of Christmas ceremony going on and people were collecting in the streets outside the cathedral. I was running about trying to find these two, whilst my companions evinced no sense of worry at all. I asked if there was any chance my daughter had gone to her eldest brother's house (which, in my head was near where my parents used to live). They said no. So I climbed up a church wall (which was surprisingly easy) to the roof, to look out over the streets to see if I could see my son, who was wearing a white shirt. Of course, the streets were crowded and I couldn't pick him out. As I climbed down, I knocked the golden bell down - it was suspended out over the street on an arm, and it landed beside me.

I was scared of the height on the roof, although impressed with the view of cobbled narrow streets (which Exeter mostly doesn't have) and a particular square near the Iron Bridge, where the church stood. I reassured myself that my son is a 27 year old man and would be quite safe, but still couldn't fight the urge to go and find him and his sister.

This dream was very strange becase, of all my children, those two are the ones that least need to be worried about! I was looking at Christmas sites yesterday and need to think about presents for them, but that's the only way they have entered my consciousness recently (other than the generalised 'worry' that any parent still has about their adult children). The climbing the church and the clarity of the view and the sight of the golden bell on the street are the things I most remember though.

If I get to live to 300, then what you predict will most assuredly come true.
This morning, however, I have had no problems at all with the excretion of vast amounts of poo.

^ Almost poetry ^
With men over 50 there's always a possibility of prostate trouble. Not necessarily cancer, it's usually a benign enlargement of the prostate that interferes with the process of urination. Techy's currently having fun with his.

With men over 50 there's always a possibility of prostate trouble. Not necessarily cancer, it's usually a benign enlargement of the prostate that interferes with the process of urination. Techy's currently having fun with his.
I have a bit of that already. I can still pee, no worries.

I just woke from a very vivid dream. I was in Exeter, (where I haven't lived for forty years), with a couple of people. I was looking for my eldest daughter and younger son, whom I'd left at home but who had decided to go out, and I needed to 'fetch them back'. I knew where all my other children were, but needed to get these two. The streets were very crowded, there was some kind of Christmas ceremony going on and people were collecting in the streets outside the cathedral. I was running about trying to find these two, whilst my companions evinced no sense of worry at all. I asked if there was any chance my daughter had gone to her eldest brother's house (which, in my head was near where my parents used to live). They said no. So I climbed up a church wall (which was surprisingly easy) to the roof, to look out over the streets to see if I could see my son, who was wearing a white shirt. Of course, the streets were crowded and I couldn't pick him out. As I climbed down, I knocked the golden bell down - it was suspended out over the street on an arm, and it landed beside me.

I was scared of the height on the roof, although impressed with the view of cobbled narrow streets (which Exeter mostly doesn't have) and a particular square near the Iron Bridge, where the church stood. I reassured myself that my son is a 27 year old man and would be quite safe, but still couldn't fight the urge to go and find him and his sister.

This dream was very strange becase, of all my children, those two are the ones that least need to be worried about! I was looking at Christmas sites yesterday and need to think about presents for them, but that's the only way they have entered my consciousness recently (other than the generalised 'worry' that any parent still has about their adult children). The climbing the church and the clarity of the view and the sight of the golden bell on the street are the things I most remember though.
Was the view really beautiful?
A few years ago I had a dream about looking over lush countryside from a great height and seeing Wells Cathedral in the distance, lit up with golden sunshine.

I've never had any connection to Wells Cathedral and wasn't even sure which county it was in. Didn't even know what it looked like.
Can't find a similar view on Google.

Perhaps I just liked the name!

I have a bit of that already. I can still pee, no worries.
Get it sorted. Your subconscious is warning you that it gets worse faster as time goes on.
Whatever stage it's at now, it will reach the next more quickly than it has so far.

Techy was just working around his over the last couple of years because he didn't want to be having treatment when hospitals are dealing with Covid. I told him it wouldn't wait for him be ready and he ought to get on it, blah blah blah...
Did he listen? Have a guess.

I know a lot about this from my various healthcare jobs and from knowing many stubborn men. :rolleyes:

Women have urinary issues with pregnancy and men have them in older age. That's how life works.

Get it sorted. Your subconscious is warning you that it gets worse faster as time goes on.
Whatever stage it's at now, it will reach the next more quickly than it has so far.

Techy was just working around his over the last couple of years because he didn't want to be having treatment when hospitals are dealing with Covid. I told him it wouldn't wait for him be ready and he ought to get on it, blah blah blah...
Did he listen? Have a guess.

I know a lot about this from my various healthcare jobs and from knowing many stubborn men. :rolleyes:

Women have urinary issues with pregnancy and men have them in older age. That's how life works.
I've already had the 'finger painfully inserted into the rectum' treatment from a doctor. Nothing has got worse for years now.
When it gets worse, then I'll probably have to have another 'finger painfully inserted into the rectum' treatment.

I've already had the 'finger painfully inserted into the rectum' treatment from a doctor. Nothing has got worse for years now.
When it gets worse, then I'll probably have to have another 'finger painfully inserted into the rectum' treatment.
They do a PSA test these days, no DRE necessary, just a blood test.

"The PSA test is a blood test to help detect prostate cancer. But it's not perfect and will not find all prostate cancers. The test, which can be done at a GP surgery, measures the level of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in your blood. PSA is a protein made only by the prostate gland."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prost...=The PSA test is a,only by the prostate gland.

"The PSA test is a blood test to help detect prostate cancer. But it's not perfect and will not find all prostate cancers. The test, which can be done at a GP surgery, measures the level of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) in your blood. PSA is a protein made only by the prostate gland."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/should-i-have-psa-test/#:~:text=The PSA test is a,only by the prostate gland.
Or we can all help out with the finger business. The queue starts over there.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/should-i-have-psa-test/#:~:text=The PSA test is a,only by the prostate gland.
I had that done too.

I had that done too.
Yup, it's not necessarily cancer that causes the trouble though. The enlargement can cause benign but exasperating urinary chaos and a subsequent fall in the quality of life.

There are medicines for it an' all sorts, even a prostate-friendly diet.

If women had prostates we'd be RIGHT on it.

A few mornings ago I was awoken by the smell of a really luxurious ground coffee, like an extra-creamy mocha. Delicious!
I looked over at the bedside table - no mocha. Just then Techy walked in with a mug of coffee for me. Very nice coffee, but not a posh mocha, and he hadn't sneaked himself one. I couldn't have smelled it from upstairs anyway.

Took me a while to realise that I'd dreamed it.
In fact I've only just told Techy about it as I was so crushed with disappointment on the day! :dunno:
Soon after this, out of the blue, Techy was given a coffee machine that makes extra-creamy mocha drinks like the one I'd dreamed about.

Last night I dreamt that the couple next door came in, and the husband , who can be a bit grumpy complained that my place was rather messy and out of date.
Actually they have never been inside my house.

Slightly relevant to @Iris dream - last night I dreamed that a writing friend - whom I rarely meet and has NEVER been anywhere near my house, was here. I was living in my old house, the one that's just down the road, and it was raining. Water kept pouring in through the ceiling and walls. One wall, which was covered with purple woodchip wallpaper (which is was in real life, but years and years ago) bubbled up with the amount of water and I put my hand on it, only for the bubble to burst and send water onto the floor. Plaster was washing off the brickwork so that the bricks were becoming clearly visible. My friend laconically looked up and told me that I'd have to get the roof replaced.

I have had slight moments of worry about my new house (when it monsoons, rain comes in through the extension roof which is too shallow to allow fast drainage, and just the general worry associated with houses and roofs), and I seem to be having a lot of anxiety related dreams just now. Which is strange because I'm actually quite relaxed with not really too much to worry about - apart from the usual background worry, of course.

I also dreamed I was swimming and a giant wave rose up in the water. We were just going to have to let it break over us, so I held my breath and waited for the wall of water to crash over me. I woke up before it did.

Last night I had a dream in which a friend-of-a-friend decided to become a centaur.
There's a short story with a plot like that. A man has a painful condition that doctors can't help with. Eventually his body transforms into a horse's and his human head and torso pop out of the neck end, and he gallops happily away into the night - the first centaur to be created in over 2,000 years.

At some point I dreamed that radio presenters were casually swearing and thought 'Wow, never thought I see the day when you'd hear 'fuck' on Radio 4!'

On waking I noticed that I'd left a podcast playing and episodes must have followed all night so that'll be what I heard, durrr.
t'other day I did actually hear 'fuck' said on R4. :omg:
Can't remember what the programme was (I'll give it some thought) but it wasn't spontaneous, like in an interview or coverage of a protest, it was a clip in one of those reminisce programmes.

t'other night I dreamed I visited my mother, who is alive. My late father also turned up, dripping wet.
I knew Dad was dead and wondered why he was bothering my old dear.

Last night I dreamed I'd left the car window open. Didn't remember this until a couple of hours ago when it was pouring down. :omg:

Jumped up to check, it's closed. Whew. :chuckle:

Had an interesting realization this AM. Well, interesting to me, anyway.

I've often dreamed of my nasty old haunted apartment. Despite having moved out many years ago, the wretched hovel has appeared in dreams over and over. Sometimes I'm living back there, sometimes it's a hidden part of another house or something of that sort. Whatever guise it comes in, it's never a welcome sight. I've never known why it kept coming back to haunt me, but wished it would just go the hell away.

Last night, I dreamed I was back there again, but this time even worse, my OH and youngest child were there, too. It was dark and cold, and we were sleeping cramped up in the daybed I used to have there. The sinister landlord came by to tell us that due to the ramshackle conditions, he was reducing our rent (definitely out of character for him, ha!) I noticed that my youngest had drawn numbers and letters all over the walls, and while I was upset (how did I fall off in my parenting so badly as to allow this?!) it hardly detracted from the room's appearance. :p.

Then it became scary, because while the others were sleeping, I hear a noise from the living room and know that someone has broken in. I wake my OH, and tell him about it, but he says, don't worry, it's nothing. I try to remind him that no, really, this place isn't safe, but can't get a response. I get so scared at that point, I wake up.

After I'd woken, it was immediately clear what had brought on this dream. Last night I'd had a talk with one of my older sons, who admitted to feeling depressed and hopeless about his future. Maybe it's typical young adult angst over college, etc. and it will pass, but I can't help feeling concerned since depression has wrecked chunks of my own life and I've always hoped my kids wouldn't have to deal with the same thing.

That's when I realized why that blasted apartment keeps showing up in my dreams. It symbolizes depression! Stunning that I hadn't realized it before, but it really was hard to get at. Something about my other family members being there in the dream and the convo the night before finally made the link.

It's a relief to have solved that mystery. Maybe now that place can be exorcized from my brain at last.
That's so insightful, and totally Freudian: a dwelling symbolising one's own state of mind. :cool:

Did you indeed find that the place doesn't figure in your dreams any more? Or has something else taken its place?

Back