• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I dreamt that I was in a group of people chatting with the original cast of The Beachcombers - a Canadian tv series. I think it was like a reunion interview/question gathering. The majority of the originals are dead irl.

I wanted to ask Pat John (he just died last year. He was also the first indigenous actor on tv who did not portray a stereotypical First Nations person) a question, but flubbed it up. I think I referred to him as "Indian", not a huge faux pas, and I quickly referred to him as Indigenous. He was gracious and lightly laughed at the "indigenous" word and said that that isn't quite what he and his friends reference themselves as.

There was another indigenous person there, not a cast member, and they both chuckled at this. They were both of different First Nations bands (I did realize that they may have preferred this reference), and both spoke different languages.

They spoke to each other and then spoke to me, but in their languages. Neither of which I understood. I think they were telling me their words for each of their bands.

They then sang a song for me, each song was one of their clans in their language. They sang overtop of each other so I didn't get even one word to try to understand.

The songs were light-hearted and fun. They were sharing their cultures with me.

During the dream, I did not, even as the dreamer, have an inkling of what the words were, but they were words. Has anyone else had this in their dreams?

Usually the dreamer has a knowing throughout a dream what certain random actions or spoken dialogue means. I do have dreams in which I don't know what a character's, who is not myself, motive may be or understand what is being said, as in this case.

I once had a scary dream in which I had no clue to the other character's actions and I woke myself up because of this.

I had a couple of odd ones lately.

The first was actually about a month ago, but I thought I'd put it here for posterity...Argentina had an 11.0 on the Richter Scale. That was a brief aside in the dream.

Last night, I had a dream where I was hanging out with a friend and this guy turned up, really soused, and got into his car. His car was a "Suburu Eden". It was this weird sort of buggy with a hemispherical rag top that was open.

I dreamt that I was in a group of people chatting with the original cast of The Beachcombers - a Canadian tv series. I think it was like a reunion interview/question gathering. The majority of the originals are dead irl.

I wanted to ask Pat John (he just died last year. He was also the first indigenous actor on tv who did not portray a stereotypical First Nations person) a question, but flubbed it up. I think I referred to him as "Indian", not a huge faux pas, and I quickly referred to him as Indigenous. He was gracious and lightly laughed at the "indigenous" word and said that that isn't quite what he and his friends reference themselves as.

There was another indigenous person there, not a cast member, and they both chuckled at this. They were both of different First Nations bands (I did realize that they may have preferred this reference), and both spoke different languages.

They spoke to each other and then spoke to me, but in their languages. Neither of which I understood. I think they were telling me their words for each of their bands.

They then sang a song for me, each song was one of their clans in their language. They sang overtop of each other so I didn't get even one word to try to understand.

The songs were light-hearted and fun. They were sharing their cultures with me.

During the dream, I did not, even as the dreamer, have an inkling of what the words were, but they were words. Has anyone else had this in their dreams?

Usually the dreamer has a knowing throughout a dream what certain random actions or spoken dialogue means. I do have dreams in which I don't know what a character's, who is not myself, motive may be or understand what is being said, as in this case.

I once had a scary dream in which I had no clue to the other character's actions and I woke myself up because of this.

I remember The Beachcombers, loved it. I remember Pat John (not his name though) he always seemed happy. Nick as well. Would have been mid - late 70s in Ireland. Didn't watch it after I moved to Dublin in 1978.

I dreamed last night that I was living in my parents' old house, with my parents (who are, IRL, long dead). I was very, very pregnant, and my children (who are also IRL grown up home owners) were living with me there. I was walking around a bedroomm (which hadn't even been mine when I lived in the house), tidying things away. I folded up a chair-bed on which I had slept the previous night, amazed that I'd managed to get comfortable enough to sleep on the narrow thing, but with some memory of having settled down on it. I was aware of feeling 'peculiar' with a sensation almost of expectation and slight 'other worldness', which I took to mean that I was about to go into labour, and I thought I ought to go downstairs and tell everyone (who were all in the living room) that I thought the baby was coming soon.

There was no pain, just a heaviness. I walked past a mirror and noticed that my eyes looked strangely unfocussed and my eyelashes were very dark as though I was wearing make up. I looked displaced and otherworldly, and I took this as another signal of impending labour.

In waking life I have given birth five times and never had any of the dream-sense of 'things about to happen' until the pain started. Neither have I ever looked unworldly, or, indeed worn eye make up whilst pregnant (I rarely wear make up at all, actually).

I had some long dream in which all the main sewer drains were backing up, all over town, with a steadily increasing brown goo seeping across the ground everywhere.
Lovely.
You might have been farting in your sleep.

No...no, listen - I once dreamed that I was walking in a sewer. Down a proper tunnel with shit all over and rats running around. When I woke up, the dog was lying in the bed and farting mightily, having eaten something that had clearly disagreed with her and that smelled like a cross between dirty nappies and burning plastic.

It was the dog. It really was the dog.

You might have been farting in your sleep.

No...no, listen - I once dreamed that I was walking in a sewer. Down a proper tunnel with shit all over and rats running around. When I woke up, the dog was lying in the bed and farting mightily, having eaten something that had clearly disagreed with her and that smelled like a cross between dirty nappies and burning plastic.

It was the dog. It really was the dog.
Yup, I often fed my dogs on boiled offal which they loved, but it made them disastrously flatulent. One night they farted so much in my bedroom that I dreamed I'd fallen into an open sewer and was drowning.

I had won a Playstation 5 and was playing some inane racing game on it much to my frustration (not the winning of the PS5, the lousy game).
Oddly enough, I don't game (haven't for years) and haven't owned a Playstation since version 2.
However, I will be more than happy to win one out of the blue.

I had another dream that I remembered (fading fast now).
I was with my Mum and Dad, and we were trying to get around a town with insane roads (one-way roads everywhere, but poor signage).
Then we got out and tried to negotiate a suspension footbridge stretching into infinity.
Then at the top of a hill, we encountered an odd looking rubbish bin. On the inside, in huge writing, it said 'HR Giger' - and I told my Dad it was actually a rare item and was worth something.

I dreamed I was walking a very large dog, by means of a nylon string around its neck. The dog was pulling and I was worried it would strangle itself, but when it walked slowly the string came untied and the dog was loose. I was walking along the side of a narrow country road down a very very steep hill towards a circular structure at the bottom, a kind of burned-brown circle just to one side of the road and my son was driving past, so I told him to be careful of the hill and keep a foot on the brakes.

This is only interesting as it's almost a complete montage of things I've been seeing or reading or listening to lately.

I had another dream that I remembered (fading fast now).
I was with my Mum and Dad, and we were trying to get around a town with insane roads (one-way roads everywhere, but poor signage).
Then we got out and tried to negotiate a suspension footbridge stretching into infinity.
Then at the top of a hill, we encountered an odd looking rubbish bin. On the inside, in huge writing, it said 'HR Giger' - and I told my Dad it was actually a rare item and was worth something.
I enjoy dreams that have surreal references.

The other day I had a dream that was very long and convoluted and was a sequel to another I had within the last year.

Because of the original one, I already knew it was a theatrical whodunit done mainly for me entertainment (me as dreamer). My dream character and me (dreamer) do not know how it is to turn out and much of my character's reactions are improvised based on the situation. There is a plot, kinda. There is also an implied third audience, which I, irl, am kind of interested in though I don't know if I will ever find out who or what this audience is.

It is a huge dream and though I know dream cycles only last minutes, the dream does continue for an extended time.

I and my husband (who is aware of the full script) and two other people (we live together) decide to do an apartment scam where we find a vacant apartment in our building and the other couple lives in it rent free. That is it.

There are situations that happen that can have us found out. The intent is to see how long I can continue with the deception.

All of my character's actions are based on improvisation as we both don't know the script nor what the outcome is. Because of my earlier dream, we know a few bits. In my earlier dream, my husband does the big reveal at the end and showed us what we messed up on and caused us to be caught.

A bit of the dream that I can remember is when the characters are moving their belongings and (because of remembering the earlier dream) I grab a binder of paperwork that can reveal the true intentions (I think we are trying to sell the apartment for big money and don't want to share) me and my hubby have for getting the others out. This action is thwarted at the arrival of some letters in the mail that our cohabitants open without my permission. I then had to decide how to play the situation to continue with the deception. Everything has a consequence.

Later, I am at a stand that has floral bouquets and I pick the less expensive, less showy one. I know that it is a reward (think video games) for playing this far. I pick the lesser one because I think (but don't really know) that I have not done well in my performance. The flowers will also have a purpose in this play.

At this spot which seems to be on a street, I see one of the other characters scaling the building across from me. He is spying on me trying to gather information. This I report to my husband because this will factor into how we react whenever we are confronted with suspicion of our true motive.

Things never go as planned and we are always furthering the lies and deceptions to cover up. Trying to remember these also is part of the challenge.

Another scene, my hubby and I are in our apartment and have told the others that we are not home. I try to close ill fitting curtains so they can't see in, since now they are coming down to our apartment to find us. This doesn't work because they can see through.

As they are coming down stairs, I hurriedly try to lock the door so they can't find us. Of course this is too late. They open the door.

As I am thinking of what lie I will say to cover for the other lie, I wake up.

I often have dreams that are solely for my entertainment. They amuse me the dreamer, and, me upon waking, though I often can't remember the dream fully.

Describing a dream of this type to a friend is how I first learned that not everyone lucid dreams. This one is not lucid, but me, both dreamer and character, remember the earlier dream and its set up. We learn from it.

I do lucid dream, but rarely.

Last night I dreamt that King Charles III passed away shortly after his coronation.

WIlliam became King, but shortly after was shot by an arrow/dart and dies.

For some reason there was speculation that Harry is to become King, even though he is not next in line to the throne.
Perhaps because George would be too young to do the job, so Harry becomes Regent?

Anyway, if such a terrible sequence of events happened, I think Anne would be asked to be Regent.

I have no idea what I dreamt of last night. It must've been something scary though as my son informed me this afternoon that at about 2am he could hear me making fairly loud shouty/groaning noises.
He found it hilarious.
Yeah, thanks son.
Nice how he didn't bother to investigate if I was having some sort of seizure or not. That's family for you.

I have no idea what I dreamt of last night. It must've been something scary though as my son informed me this afternoon that at about 2am he could hear me making fairly loud shouty/groaning noises.
He found it hilarious.
Yeah, thanks son.
Nice how he didn't bother to investigate if I was having some sort of seizure or not. That's family for you.
Did you happen to have some kielbasa and sauerkraut for dinner??
If so, that would explain it!

He found it hilarious.
Yeah, thanks son.
I forgot to ask - were you alone? LOL

Did you happen to have some kielbasa and sauerkraut for dinner??
If so, that would explain it!

I forgot to ask - were you alone? LOL
No, dinner was, er...? Can't remember.
Oh, I do remember....it was reheated pizza from the previous day (yeah, I'm living the dream) so nothing unusual.

And yeah, I was alone. Or as far as I'm aware I was 'alone'. I certainly hope I was alone as I've only moved into this place permanently this weekend.

No, dinner was, er...? Can't remember.
Oh, I do remember....it was reheated pizza from the previous day (yeah, I'm living the dream) so nothing unusual.

And yeah, I was alone. Or as far as I'm aware I was 'alone'. I certainly hope I was alone as I've only moved into this place permanently this weekend.
Well that explains the groaning!
You need a nice girlfriend!!

I dreamt that I’d succeeded in temporarily getting back together with a (IRL) girlfriend to whom l was very close in the Eighties. Tragically, she was lured back to her (in the dream) former boyfriend, one of two German brothers.

The annoying thing is that the German love rat - perhaps thinking he was being kind, or in some form of Teutonic triumph display - sent me a pair of shoes in compensation for the loss of the love of my life. (Black leather elastic-sided dealer boots. Thanks for asking.)

Bastard! My heartbreak was worth at least a pair of Lobbs.

maximus otter

The last couple of nights I've had dreams of being in a place (countryside type village), knowing the place very well (which I do not), then trying to find my way out of that village when I always seem to end up stuck in front of a place (house/yard) and then turn around to try to get back to where I'd started.
Then I suddenly wake up when it all gets too unreal. Not just a one-time dream either, as my mind has re-run this walking journey quite a few times over a few years. :worry:

Last night I dreamed (I must be in one of my cycles of dream-remembering) that I had sold my house and was now house sharing with a friend. It was a very small place and I was quite indignant that we had to share a bathroom (we may also have had to share a bedroom, or the house may have been all one room and open plan, I don't remember). She was quite happy with this but I was annoyed that I'd sold my lovely little cottage to have to share! At one point she came in and I was carving a groove in a very long and narrow piece of black wood in the middle of the floor and we had a discussion about what would happen if one of us wanted the bathroom when the other was in there and whether we could write up a rota.

Then I discovered a whole separate part to the house we were living in. There was another bedroom, with an en suite bathroom and a mezzanine floor with stairs which led out of the bedroom up to another room. I didn't look up there, but told my friend (who is an IRL friend but not one I would ever choose to share a house with!) that I would move into this bedroom and have the en suite, whereupon she announced that she was going to move to the mezzanine floor and live up there and we could share the en suite...

At which I was most cross, and woke up.

Back