• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Do Points Make? Board Trophies & Titles

Just noticed that although I've been a member since May 2006 I've only made 303 posts - can I have a special award?

I wonder if there are points deducted if you get 'nailed to a tree' at any time?

I wonder if there are points deducted if you get 'nailed to a tree' at any time?

No, I can trigger rewards for many different and seemingly pointless situations such as:
  • User is female
  • User has avatar
  • User hasn't logged on for 73 days
  • Username contains the phrase 'wobble'
  • User is a moderator
  • It is the user's birthday
But the closest I can get to what you wondered about is 'user is banned', which seems rather pointless.

You get a special "No Prize".

A Noh Prize would be nicer.

noh_hannya_mask.jpg

I've no idea what this circle jerk is all about but if it's making people happy then good. :)
And in a sort-of-SFW reference to circle jerks, and with a distinct Fortean leaning, here's The Circle Jerks with 'When the Shit hits the Fan' from the stone-cold 1984 classic Repo Man (and everybody who disagrees with that statement is just plain wrong). If you've never seen it, rectify that mistake immediately and learn the crucial life lesson: 'The Life of a Repo Man is Always Intense.'

Rant over.

And in a sort-of-SFW reference to circle jerks, and with a distinct Fortean leaning, here's The Circle Jerks with 'When the Shit hits the Fan' from the stone-cold 1984 classic Repo Man (and everybody who disagrees with that statement is just plain wrong). If you've never seen it, rectify that mistake immediately and learn the crucial life lesson: 'The Life of a Repo Man is Always Intense.'

Rant over.

No one ever called Pablo Picasso an asshole.

What happens if the user has no interest in points or rewards?

Actually, I've already lost interest in even asking about it.

I'll reiterate, because it hasn't been said for a while on this thread and newer members may get the wrong idea, AWARDS AND TROPHIES HAVE NO MEANING OR SIGNIFICANCE ON THIS BOARD.

They certainly don't represent any kind of hierarchy.

They were never requested and have been allowed to remain only as a curiosity to play with.

allowed to remain only as a curiosity to play with
I was going to mention that I've already got things like that, but Spookdaddy appears to have articulated that first, albeit in a slightly more 'family friendly' way.

While ensuring that the trophy for 20 year membership is correctly set-up (first recipients due this summer), I initiated another one:

Screenshot 2021-05-16 at 7.15.25 PM.png

The idea being that avatars are generally a good thing we wish to encourage.

Not sure when these will be issued--likely tomorrow (edit: just received mine).

And so the 309 Club will become the 314 Club at some stage.

Last edited:
While ensuring that the trophy for 20 year membership is correctly set-up (first recipients due this summer), I initiated another one:

View attachment 39382

The idea being, that avatars are generally a good thing we wish to encourage.

Not sure when these will be issued--likely tomorrow (edit: just received mine).

And so the 309 Club will become the 314 Club at some stage.
Woohoo, I see I’m in the pi club! Sorry, no decimal point, 314 club.

Yes I know I'm one of the guilty 'no avatar' posters ... It's on my 'to do' list!

50 points and I may have done it right away but 5? Nah not a good enough reward. :)

Meantime a little avatar story.

A forum I was on a few years back had an extremely pedantic poster who caused a great deal of irritation. My heart would sink when I saw he'd waded in on a discussion I was following.

Then one day I found myself agreeing with him thinking 'come on you lot he's got a point you really should be thinking a bit more clearly about the points you are trying to get across' and I started to admire his thoroughness and looked forward to his contributions!

It took a several days for it to dawn on me what had caused my reaction to him to change so dramatically.

He'd changed his avatar from a Swiss Army knife, with all the different blades and spikey things open, to a little car with smooth rounded edges! It was a subconscious thing as I'd not noticed the picture right away, just my change of response to him! Ah the workings of the human brain eh brings it home just how much we are being influenced without our even noticing.

Sooooo I'm finding it difficult to decide on one for myself. <whistle>

Sollywos x

Back