• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

TV Broadcasts From The Future & Phantom Websites

You nerd.

Hey, Wanda Ventham is Benedict Cumberbatch's Mum!

Watched the whole series on Blu-ray last year! The G&S Anderson models are to me like those Michael Portillo train shows are to model railway enthusiasts.

This is a weird one, In 1992/93 ( can't quite remember ), I was on a training course with work, it was an overnight thing, so we were given lodgings at a hotel in Nottingham, U.K, just down the road from Trent Bridge. That evening, after quite a boring day, I retired to my room and decided to watch satellite T.V. At about 7.40 ish, during an episode of coronation street, the television faded out, no adverts, just faded out of corrie, i thought there was a problem with interfearence or something, but then straight away, the t.v faded back, same channel but not corrie, this was scenes of a celebration due to the first ever television time transmission! the scene was jubilant and the commentator said that this 'corporation' (can't remember the name) would go down in history for the first ever time travel transmission. The future, from what i could see looked o.k, nice blue skies, with sunshine, trees everywhere. No sooner had it came on than it faded back to coronation street! about two minutes later the adverts came on. Did anybody else experience anything like this? I would be interested if they have. Thanks.

I was the original poster of this phenomenon some years back and watched the same broadcast as you describe.

As has been attested by others this was,in fact, an advertisement for a bank. It seemed to cut into another ad and featured a female (oriental) claiming to be "from the future" and the viewer was then treated to heavily pixelated scenes of high rises, elevated bullet trains and objects whizzing around in the sky. It then faded back out and normal viewing returned. I was a student at the time and had just rented a TV for my room so I was watching with a friend in my room...we looked at each other and exclaimed "what the f**ck"

I was wrong in recalling it cutting into the main show, as I was wrong to remember it as being on ad free BBC 1.

After the report was printed in FT some others were quick to reply that I had seen an ad for, I think, egg who were positioning themselves a the futuristic bank.

This happened, without doubt, in 1989 or early 1990. It's great to see this still talked about all this time later.

I am also pretty sure that Jenny Randles mentioned it in her book on timestorms but, I am certain, there was no backwards communication from the distant future.

Bank ads are notoriously weird & somewhat ludicrous. Currently there's one using Top Cat as their selling point & another the Flintstones. The bank employee interacts smilingly & inanely with the fictitious character involved & gives them a loan with no problem. I recall one from some years ago which had a ghost opening the door for a customer. The employee could see it but the customer couldn't. Can't remember which bank though. None of them has encouraged me to use the bank concerned.

Why do banks bother with these adverts?

There was a brilliant bank/building society advert in the '80s which featured a dreamlike sequence of a flying boat-type aircraft landing on the Nile, in a sort of sepia 1920s British Empire effect. Absolutely gorgeous, wish I could see it again.

Message from the future

Hi all.

Thanks to those that remembered my original post on messages from the future beaming into UK homes in the late eighties/early nineties.

I remember it well, and corresponded with IHTM a few years back..it turned out to be a very esoteric ad campaign from first direct and the case is finally solved for you by entering "broadcast from the future" into google...my original post is the fifth or sixth result from that search...(Christ...how many hits is that...?), anyway, please excuse my dreadful typing errors, I must have been excited!...anyway, hope this helps.

p.s. It is interesting to me to read how wrongly I had remembered things, a salutory lesson indeed!.

p.p.s. Jenny Randalls mentions this broadcast in her book "Time Storms", but is obviously unaware of the rather mundane origin.

message from the future

The original posting was made by myself (although it now says anonymous). Just thought i would update all those who may still be interested.

After 18 years of remembering the original event, I still cannot get it out of my head.

Amazingly, today (09/10/10) somebody contacted me to say that they experienced the same transmission, this was totally out of the blue! I am trying to contact this person and exchange details, and hopefully come to some sort of conclusion.

I have googled 'message from the future' or 'transmission from the future' and it seems that I am not the only who witnessed this event!

I was not dreaming, not on drugs or drinking, and it was not an advert.

If you want to read my account again, look at the very first posting.

If anyone else witnessed this then please PM me.

Kind regards,

Matt.

Hi Matt.

I saw it too. It was an advert for first direct.

You can now sleep easy in your bed.

Or read the thread where all of this is explained.

Cheers.

this thread is for paranormal or conspirational things you found in the internet or saw in TV a while ago but was never able to find again either because "they" erased it or it simply disappeared with no reason
(warning: due to the easily manipulable nature of memory, its very likely some of the elements of the following story aren't exact, though i am 100% sure this isnt a false memory)
i will start: i remenber once circa 2009-2010 or sometime in that period stumbling into a site written in a bizzare language wich i could not understand
i found it after googling "google earth anomalies" and sure enough in that bizzare site was a bunch of finds in the desert via google earth wich to me looked like buried archeological sites,
the website looked like a bizzare paranormal-only version of youtube and it's banner was a generic CGI drawing of three flying saucers flying in formation
i then decided to click in one of the other videos, and what i found still haunts me to this day: this video was taken from the balcony of a (probally) 2-story house (likely one of those poor concrete ones you find in poor countries) and showed a road during nightime, the road was surrounded in both sides by identical buildings to the one the video was filmed from, it seemed to be a somewhat busy street but not too much.
in one side of the road was a small car that looked like those weird small cars from the 60's though it was in pristine condition
and now comes the weird part: in the middle of the road was a bizzare thing wich looked like a green sausage or a giant slug without eyestalks, that thing was wriggling, and the car wich i already mentioned semmed to be trying to avoid running over it
i then got a really bizzare thought out of nowhere that i wasn't supposed to be seeing this bizzare and extremmely unnerving video
so i closed the window of the weird website and never ever found it again
so i know what you are thinking: weird to believe right?
but if this is a false memory then my brain sure made some effort to make it realistic

Maybe it's still up?

thats certainly not it, as i have said it looked more or less like a huge wriggling cilindrical wad of green goo, and by huge, i mean huge, almost the width of the car
As big as the car?
Do you remember anything about the name of the website or any other associated stories on it?

The biggest slug there is, is a sea slug:
Beyond-The-Tide-Black-Sea-Hare-Full-Width.jpg

As big as the car?
Do you remember anything about the name of the website or any other associated stories on it?
The OP sounds vaguely familiar, as if I should remember it. Could it have been some sort of viral marketing, for a movie maybe? Same sort of thing that was done for Cloverfield, for instance?

The OP sounds vaguely familiar, as if I should remember it. Could it have been some sort of viral marketing, for a movie maybe? Same sort of thing that was done for Cloverfield, for instance?
That was my thought, that it may be something of that sort. I do hope you find the source, though.

Years ago I found a text-heavy site about one of my favourite fillums, The Ninth Gate.

There was a long explanation of all the occult references in it along with pictures of images that might have inspired the illustrations in the book that's chased around in the story.

Meant to save it all, didn't, never saw it again.

There are other similar sites but I've not found that one.

Years ago I found a text-heavy site about one of my favourite fillums, The Ninth Gate.

There was a long explanation of all the occult references in it along with pictures of images that might have inspired the illustrations in the book that's chased around in the story.

Have you tried The Wayback Machine, Enola's site of preference for digging up lost webpages?

Great idea for a thread, but I'm afraid I can't bring anything to the table about the OP.Just to say that it's very rare (in my experience) to stumble on a website in another language -unless you've consciously used or requested that language in some way. A vivd dream remembered as a memory? (Does happen)

Here are four (fictional) fortean-type products that I saw on TV duing or read the last 30 years which I would love to relocate. I am 100 per cent sure they all do exist, but I can't recall the titles.

1) An American youngish Vietnam vet guy is obsessed with locating a small Americn village at which he once had a really nice, idyllic time (everyone was really friensly and hospitable...and so on). He drives around and around trying to find the place to no avail. Then it emerges, after he consults a psychiatrist, that he had fabricated the place in order to deal with the trauma of the war...or had he?

2) I've got a feeling this was a Perry Mason episode, or something in that tradition. Anyway, the legal team are up aginst some weird cult who conduct rituals in black robes and Greeks theatre style masks. I think they abduct people.It gave me the willies -in a pleasant way - when I saw it as a kid.

3) A man has an affair with a woman whose mother won't let her out of the house. Eventually,he tries to kidnap her, but in the end it emerges that she is fatally oversensitive to sunlight and her mother was being quite sensible. (Sounds like a Poe story bu it was set in present day times...seventies probably).

And a (4) horror novel that I read about 15 years ago:
It had a very lurid cover, of the kind you would not like to be seen with and the author was not a big name.(I got it second hand but it was at least late Eighties early Nineties period). It was American. It was very `out there`. A family of non-human mutants lived by eating humans and maybe expropriating their body parts. It was decidedly urban, gory and cynical - but somehow beguiling for all that, like a black comedy but done in a very deadpan manner.

I have a memory of seeing something on TV in my neighbour's basement one summer morning when I was about 4 years old, and I've always wondered what it was. It might have been a public information film, but my memory is of a teenage girl stumbling out of a marsh with rivulets of mud running down her face and all over her blue cagoule, looking very abashed because she had nearly drowned in the water. No idea what this was, I would try BBC Genome but it's not much to go on, is it?

The biggest slug there is, is a sea slug:
Beyond-The-Tide-Black-Sea-Hare-Full-Width.jpg
way bigger than that. its lenght was very close to the widnth of the car, the only close thing to this image was it's "fatness" wich is pretty similar to the image you posted, the thing was also light green but the green looked unnatural or artificial

it din't look like CGI (or at least thats how i remenber it)
also how does it sound vaguely familiar?

Have you tried The Wayback Machine, Enola's site of preference for digging up lost webpages?

I've tried all sorts but as I don't know the title of the page it's a bit futile. Searching for possible content brings up other sites.

hmm that one doesn't sound as weird as mine, it could have been 404'd, the text only part makes me think of some old 90's-early 2000's website

Great idea for a thread, but I'm afraid I can't bring anything to the table about the OP.Just to say that it's very rare (in my experience) to stumble on a website in another language -unless you've consciously used or requested that language in some way. A vivd dream remembered as a memory? (Does happen)
thats one of the things that i found most anomalous for me, at that time i only visited sites that used my main language portuguese, so finding a website in this strange language was definitely weird

I have a memory of seeing something on TV in my neighbour's basement one summer morning when I was about 4 years old, and I've always wondered what it was. It might have been a public information film, but my memory is of a teenage girl stumbling out of a marsh with rivulets of mud running down her face and all over her blue cagoule, looking very abashed because she had nearly drowned in the water. No idea what this was, I would try BBC Genome but it's not much to go on, is it?
sounds pretty mundane maybe a snippet from a show?
this thread is more for lost stuff that has a obvious fortean connection

Back