• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Cultjunky

Sense Of humour

Oooh, ohh, and those folks from the Magic faraway Tree, thingymabubs, erm, POLITICIANS!
  2. Cultjunky

Sense Of humour

I've never got slapstick. Could just be the black Yorkshire humour that I adore in Bennett is almost the antithesis of slapstick. It's those final ripostes, a sarcastic "really?" that I love. Don't get me wrong, I'm fond of a long winded tale of the Ronnie Corbett variety too, or that waxing...
  3. Cultjunky

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

I absolutely realise how sensitive toes can be, mine are hairy if I don't pluck them. I try to be very drunk before hand.
  4. Cultjunky

'Hard Facts' Experiment..?

<entire board takes one step backwards> Go on then! :drink:
  5. Cultjunky

Natural Penis Enlargement

Well, I never quite got my maths corrected and expanded upon whilst at school. I might have shown more interest in Math, mmm? Or Boys, mmmm? Nah.:huh:
  6. Cultjunky

The Carpets Of Wetherspoons Pubs

Yes apparently there are whole reems of footage on the dark net of 'sitting on beer puddled tables' fetish vids. S'true ;)
  7. Cultjunky

Yes! Obviously, I was chopping onions too, but... :oops:
  8. Cultjunky

Have I misunderstood what girth refers to in this?
  9. Cultjunky

The Carpets Of Wetherspoons Pubs

I think you're suffering from pie addiction
  10. Cultjunky

TV & Radio Reminders

Forgot to say, Tues, 19 Jan, BBC3
  11. Cultjunky

TV & Radio Reminders

Might be worth a looksee http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2282592/114633254/adam-pearson-freak-show#.Vp4CLPmLTcc The actor and presenter explores the world of freak shows, meeting people who use their medical conditions to educate, entertain and make money. Adam, who suffers from a genetic...
  12. Cultjunky

Orphan Black

I thought it was quite good actually. Better than a lot of the stuff on Beeb3 anyway.
  13. Cultjunky

Close Gender

Ohh Myth, speaking of eyes, you've sparked a side plot to, whatever this is. Could it be possible that Far Eastern faces are just not familiar enough to us to make the distinction between the sexes obvious? Our brains obviously recognise key facial features; eyes, mouth, nose, shape. But...
  14. Cultjunky

Close Gender

well, obviously not recently, I meant from the first migrations into that region, dummy!
  15. Cultjunky

Close Gender

Well, ya learn something every day, I thought it was breeding from a small gene pool
  16. Cultjunky

All The Lonely People: Solitude & Loneliness

Not all people, just the ones in a 10 ft radius. I think that if you're one of those folks emotionally equipped for long periods of alone time (hands above ya waist time that is ;)) then other folks arriving unplanned or those spur of the moment meet ups are uncomfortable. Sure they can be...
  17. Cultjunky

I don't think I've ever felt lonely, for a significant period of time, in my life. I'm an only child, following my Mothers death, I was shipped off to a family member who had birthed five boys. Having spent 6 happy years as a) not having to compete for attention, b) having a fairly large tin...
  18. Cultjunky

Strange Deaths

I was advised to use coal tar soap as a teenager, I had terrible acne. Didn't make a jot of difference, mind.
  19. Cultjunky

Uncon 2015/2016

I'd go for a for a crawl in York. I've done one before, visiting the pubs that sell York brewery ales and named it the hangmans trail, as the pubs involved are all named after machines designed to enable the shuffling of a mortal coil, or allude to that endevour. eg... The Last Drop...
  20. Cultjunky

Don't worry Ryn, nobody wants to see yours.
  21. Cultjunky

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Ufology is not my bag, as it were, so if I've posted in the wrong thread, please feel free to move. I just didn't want to start a new two poster thread. In true Fortean clipping style, I present to you local news from local people...
  22. Cultjunky

Game Of Thrones [Spoilers]

I wouldn't mind staying up till 2am :glee:
  23. Cultjunky

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

FFS, now even the wildlife remember the carrier bags more than I do. Still, at least I'm charitable.
  24. Cultjunky

Ageing & Growing Old

TBH, the thought of ending up in a building with a load of coffin dodgers fills me with dread. Add the security measures mentioned, well, if I were to be kept under lock and key, might as well be kept for a reason.
  25. Cultjunky

Harry Price: Ghost Hunter

Well, I'm not sure what to make of it. I expected something spookier, darker. Kind of along the lines of 'The Woman in Black'. Luffed the chemistry between Harry and Sarah(?). As I say, expectations weren't met, which always befuddles me. Obviously, it wasn't the stout befuddling me...
  26. Cultjunky

Does anyone suspect that they might be a clone?

There's also the possibility of mass cloning, with a 'just in case' attitude. Y'no, like the seed vault? When babies and young children are immunised, a small sample of their DNA is kept, in a secret vault. Then should that child grow up show any potential, eg, in sport or music or physics...
  27. Cultjunky

A mankini and a penny whistle.
  28. Cultjunky

Top Hoaxing

I'm still not convinced the #youaintnomuslimbruv wasn't a set up. Not the sign in the OP, the guy shouting it.
  29. Cultjunky

The Prevalence Of STDs In Humans

I read the OP as wondering about possible evolutionary benefits to contracting an STI, or health benefits and should we all be prescribed a dose of the pox from our GP's. Then again, when Ermintrude wonders... ;)
  30. Cultjunky

Fair point, but, how do you not come into contact with the disease? Many diseases, not just measles, are highly contagious, especially in the window between infection and visible symptoms. It's one of those ways in which a virus/disease spreads it's self. A kinda virus cloaking device.
  31. Cultjunky

Well, not dying of measles seems fairly advantageous to me.
  32. Cultjunky

Harry Price: Ghost Hunter

oooh oooh am I sitting comfortably? Well, my version of comfort ATM involves half a stand pie, ever more mince pies (do they breed in the cupboard???) and a couple-ish bottles of London porter. Almost there :clap:
  33. Cultjunky

Shitty childhood, I'm afraid. Unless my clone is time travelling, oooh!
  34. Cultjunky

Well yes, sort of. Think about malaria. The way it's transmitted means that it is an equal opportunity type of disease, but not everyone who gets bitten goes on to develop malaria and die. Some folks have no symptoms, some have milder symptoms. Equally, here in the UK at least, we were all...
  35. Cultjunky

Erm, yes and yes. I have suffered missing time/memories, but according to my doc it's a symptom of PTSD. Which makes some sense. When I was young I did wonder if I was a robot me. Now I just think that my brain luffs me and spares me the dull bits of life. A bit like fast forwarding...
  36. Cultjunky

Dying Alone & Loners' Unnoticed Deaths

I know what you mean. Un/fortunately, all my relatives died before they got old and stubborn, nor were any of them living alone (I am the freak in the family). So my experience of this kind of thing is limited to FOAF and Folklore info. I doubt Rynner will be found in a pool of his own...
  37. Cultjunky

Dying Alone & Loners' Unnoticed Deaths

Well, we do have a similar deal going on here, should the coastguard thread not get bumped by 10AM, we know there's an issue. ;)
  38. Cultjunky

Are Tesco delivery vans actually Asda?

Round my way, they do a cracking screwball
  39. Cultjunky

Are Tesco delivery vans actually Asda?

Or they could be selling drugs, like the ice cream vans do.
  40. Cultjunky

Dearest Death: a songlist

Lest we forget
  41. Cultjunky

Paris: False Flags & Inconsistencies

Possibly not the correct thread to post this in, but I figure the poor mods are going to have a fair few posts to recategorise in the coming weeks, but I want to tie this to my last post on this thread to keep a kind of narrative. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789 Leytonstone Tube stabbing...
  42. Cultjunky

I believe so. Now we don't have to look at folks returning from Turkey or Pakistan to see if they were radicalised. It doesn't have to happen in a Mosque, or need an inspiring Imam to get folks to martyr themselves. The San Bern attackers may have been 'known', but obviously not to any great...
  43. Cultjunky

I feel rather uncomfortable saying this, but the San Bernadino is the epitome of terror. A terrorist doesn't need to have visited training camp in Pakistan or elsewhere, they don't need to pay subs to an organisation, they don't need to await orders from some high command. They can just open...
  44. Cultjunky

Dearest Death: a songlist

Well, you beat me to one Smiths song, so how about this... All we need is our very own Superstar DJ, Carlos, to make us all a mix tape!
  45. Cultjunky

Shall We Run Our Own Experiment?

From left to right, looking out of the window. (I'm trying to respect your privacy) Small figurine, possibly toy soldier. A baseball, well loved and used. An animal, possibly an elephant. Do you have red drapes around the windowsill, BTW? EDIT: Forgot you wanted PM'ing, sorry if I derailed...
  46. Cultjunky

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

Hang on, hang on. There, I'm sitting comfortably, :drink: You may begin. :clap:
  47. Cultjunky

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

Not exactly a phobia, but a definite physical response to high rise blocks of flats. A strong tingling sensation in my lower back, sweating and racing heart. Not being inside them, just looking at them. Not a problem with say, tall office blocks or other tall buildings, just residential tall...
  48. Cultjunky

Mass Hysteria

My thoughts too, it's been unseasonably warm, and schools tend to put the heating on at a set temperature, which is possibly too high for the current warm conditions
  49. Cultjunky

Ageing & Growing Old

Well it knocked 10 years off me, can I play it twice?
Back