• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Lord Lucan

Necrobotics: Scientists Reanimate Dead Spiders As Robot Gripping Claws

I'm really not sure what purpose this serves, but there must be a point aside from scaring the shit out of all arachnophobes.
  2. Lord Lucan

Skinny Bob—A Real Live Alien Or CGI?

Skinny Bob's existence on Earth is now 11 years old. Some believe him to be authentic, others and great case of skilled computer graphic work. Either way it's a topic that's still both talked about and one that causes debate years after his shaky black & white debut. I've just come across a...
  3. Lord Lucan

Scientists Are Building A 'Black Box' To Record The End Of Civilisation

A thousand years into the future, I wonder what they'll think of this: Earth is getting a black box to record our climate change actions, and it's already started listening https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-12-06/climate-change-earth-black-box-recorder/100621778
  4. Lord Lucan

Medieval Murder Maps

This is really interesting: The London Medieval Murder Map https://www.vrc.crim.cam.ac.uk/vrcresearch/london-medieval-murder-map Whilst the page itself gives some basic information, here's a more detailed explanation...
  5. Lord Lucan

The Monk Who Never Saw A Woman His Whole Life

From 1932
  6. Lord Lucan

UL: Sean Connery Rebuffs Steve Jobs

(Spun off from the James Bond thread) Not ... warm and fuzzy, from the desk of Sean Connery...
  7. Lord Lucan

Sea Serpent Sightings: Whale Penises?

I am browsing Twitter when I come across renowned Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman's theory for the probable explanation of the Olaus Magnus’ Sea Serpent - a.k.a the Great Norway Serpent, or Sea Orm. The following article gives a run down on the history of the serpent. Following is Loren's...
  8. Lord Lucan

Download C.I.A. Declassified UFO Files

A boon, for anyone with even a slight interest in UFOs. According to the website below, The Black Vault, every declassified file that the CIA has on unidentified flying objects, or at least the files the agency admits to possessing is now available online thanks to a decades long effort to...
  9. Lord Lucan

Kelly Cahill's 1993 UFO Abduction (Or Was It?)

Long considered a credible case, it still causes controversy & arguments amongst the UFO community to this day. Australia's National broadcaster the ABC published the following this week: 'Holy grail' or epic hoax? Australian Kelly Cahill's UFO abduction story still stirs passions Read the...
  10. Lord Lucan

The Haunted Houses I Grew Up In

I live in an area called the Southern Highland, an area approximately halfway between the cities of Sydney and Canberra. It's a picturesque, beautiful part of the world, visited by many to enjoy the seasonality, the green, rolling hills and the uniquely English looking landscapes (remember, we...
  11. Lord Lucan

Slender Giant Seen & Filmed (Huasteca Region; Mexico; May 2020)

I'm not sure this is the correct thread for this particular story but I didn't want to create a new thread for something that's probably a likely fraud: Mysterious 'Giant' Spotted in Mexico https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/mysterious-giant-spotted-in-mexico/
  12. Lord Lucan

A Bigfoot (Moehau Man) In New Zealand?

The Kiwi version of Bigfoot /Sasquatch is known as the ''Moehau Man''. If we make the assumption that such creatures exist in parts of the world, could one exist undiscovered in a place as geographically small as New Zealand? I doubt it, but someone thinks so... Is This New Zealand's...
  13. Lord Lucan

Burkes Flat / 'Bent Headlight Beams' Case (1966; Australia)

NOTE: This thread was spun off from: Westall / Clayton South Incident (1966; Australia) https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/westall-clayton-south-incident-1966-australia.65893/ =================== Just reading about this case elsewhere, when I cam across the following story about an...
  14. Lord Lucan

The Bukit Timah Monkey Man Of Singapore

As my wife and I visit Singapore on a regular basis, I keep informed of what's happening there on a number of different forums and websites. Today whilst browsing https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/ I came across this post: Which then leads to a Wikipedia entry on the alleged 'Monkey Man'...
  15. Lord Lucan

The Wonderful Mythical Creatures Of Finland

I've had the pleasure of visiting this most beautiful of countries and whilst my time there was brief, I fell in love with Helsinki, the food, the atmosphere, the reserved, yet polite people. It's a land of both light and darkness which like other Nordic and Scandinavian countries, ensures a...
  16. Lord Lucan

The Medical Artistry Of Chinese Painter Lam Qua (Tumors & Deformities)

Chinese painter Lam Qua was commissioned by Peter Parker, a medical missionary and diplomat to China, to produce portraits of patients with tumors and other deformities at a Canton hospital in the 1830s. His work is a unique record of the time. Warning: NSFW. Some may find the images contained...
  17. Lord Lucan

Ancient Games: Senet (Egypt)

(This thread has been spun off from the Ouija Board thread.) I'm placing this in the Ouija Board thread and although not technically a Ouija board, it appears new revelations suggest that the ancient Egyptian game of 'Senet' evolved from a regular board game into a conduit through which...
  18. Lord Lucan

The Bible Verse That Stops Bleeding

Faith can be a wondrous thing for those who have it, and I'm a great admirer of those who do. Whilst looking at a post elsewhere today on urban legends, I stumbled upon this fascinating article from the Appalachian Magazine on the belief that reciting a particular verse from the Old Testament of...
  19. Lord Lucan

Nicholas Cage Gives His Thoughts On Various Crypto Creatures

Some sensible opinions there... Nicolas Cage Talks Bigfoot, Mythical Jaguars And Coming Back As A Whale For the full interview: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/nic-cage-bigfoot-jaguar_n_5dc1e1d0e4b0b0861f8fde13?ri18n=true
  20. Lord Lucan

Lab-Grown Brains Could 'Become Sentient & Feel Pain'

I understand the need for scientific research and what if provides us. The ethics of some research can be a grey area or simply wrong for some (or many). This story presented by Newsweek is genuinely creepy and opens the door to so many questions. HUMAN MINI-BRAINS CREATED IN LAB MAY BECOME...
  21. Lord Lucan

Occult London Of The 70s

Browsing Twitter earlier this evening, I came across this supremely interesting and ongoing thread about this fabulous book below: The thread begins: 'My flatmate has this amazing 1970 book which is basically a directory of various occult services and where to get them so had to share some of...
  22. Lord Lucan

Spotted (Not Striped) Zebras (Pseudomelanism)

Rare polka-dotted zebra foal photographed in Kenya What a cute little fellow... https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techandscience/rare-polka-dotted-zebra-foal-photographed-in-kenya/ar-AAHytRd?
  23. Lord Lucan

The Burrawang Bunyip

My wife and I had lunch today not far from home at a pub in the picturesque town of Burrawang in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales (Australia). The town sits perched above the Wingecarribee Swamp which according to this site...
  24. Lord Lucan

World's Largest Occult Library Now Online

A vast collection of more than 25,000 occult texts has been scanned and published on the Internet for free... BROWSE THE COLLECTION BY CLICKING HERE https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/gnostic-gnowledge.html
  25. Lord Lucan

'New Guidelines' On How To Report UFOs From U.S. Navy

The U.S. Navy Is Working On 'New Guidelines' On How To Report UFOs The service says it has also 'provided a series of briefings by senior Naval Intelligence officials as well as aviators who reported hazards to aviation safety.'...
  26. Lord Lucan

Supernumerary (Extra) Kidneys

My best mate at high school dated a girl who had three kidneys. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share (of him, her or her kidneys).
  27. Lord Lucan

Boogeymen: A Series On Amazon Prime

I was flicking through new additions on Amazon Prime the other night and came across this series from 2013 called Boogeymen. It's a Cryptozoology series with all of your favourites plus a few unexpected characters. All the usual suspects makes an appearance, Bigfoot, Nessie, Champ, El Chupacabra...
  28. Lord Lucan

The Weird Rise Of Cyber Funerals

Apparently, after you shuffle off this mortal coil, this has now become a thing, your very own Cyber Funeral. I suppose we do now leave an enormous amount of personal data behind us. Who's going to clean up after we're gone? Or does all of that information continue to sit on servers somewhere...
  29. Lord Lucan

Death Masks Of The Infamous (Criminals, Etc.)

I've created this thread under 'Fortean Crime' as many criminals of note had death masks made after their demise. That being said, many well known people in their day not of the criminal fraternity also had death masks made of them. It's a topic I find rather interesting, to see the face of...
  30. Lord Lucan

Hukai'po / Night Marchers (Hawaii)

I have long held an interest in the Hawaiian Night Marchers: The Night Marchers of Hawaii
Back