• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

New Bell Inn ghost photo

Hey all, Been forever since I've posted anything here, but I was doing some research on the Newby Ghost and any debunking when I came across this site with a photo from 2010 taken at the New Bell Inn Pub in Harwich Essex. I can't seem to find any more info on it. Overall, I don't put much...
  2. K

Electronic Voice Phenomena ('EVP')

Supposed "Scariest EVP" Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I did a quick search, and didn't find anything here on it, so here goes. The other day I did a search on "scariest EVP" and came across this: http://www.gotghosts.org/news.php It's an over ten-minute EVP clip caught by CNY...
  3. K

Freaky Video

Is the clip with the freaky "poltergeist" activity with the camera falling off its mount and then freaking out the next day while pointed at the mirror available on YouTube or anywhere else by itself? I don't believe the clip is real by any means, but it's the only one out of that whole batch...
  4. K

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

I had never heard of "BEKs" till you just brought them up here, so I went and had a look at the forums there on said topic. It's an interesting tale, but I'm going to have to side on the fence of it being just that, a modern day ghost tale, and nothing more, despite the author's seemingly...
  5. K

Gah! If you give GS some money, you can now go read a message from a real ghost in letter form! Amongst the awesome things you can learn are: Insight into coma patients! How you make amends for your wrong doings! learn about your initial introduction to the spirit world! And more...
  6. K

The Top Ten Best GHOST PHOTOGRAPHS Ever Taken

Gah, that "Church of St. Mary" pic on Moooksta's linked site was debunked in a ghost photo show I saw on TV as being nothing more than a cleaning lady with the dustpan to the right of her. The photo was nothing but one of those taken with the shutter left open for a while. Before that, it was...
  7. K

Ghoststudy...still...again! Hadn't been over to GS in a long time, but nothing much has changed. Their latest offer for $12.95 for six months for a new sister site called Calling All Ghosts is the ability to check out the best 150 ghost pictures ever. Fortunately for everyone, that means...
  8. K

The Top Ten Best GHOST PHOTOGRAPHS Ever Taken

Yeah I believe the glorious Ghoststudy had that on their site at one time. Wasn't it featured on some TV show as well? I can't recall. And yeah, I saw the mother-in-law one debunked on a show one time. I'm tired of seeing that one crop up as being worthwhile.
  9. K

Time to dust off old faithful here. The past few months of pics over at our fave site haven't been really worthy of mentioning, but December's gallery...hoo boy. Please hit the link and check out the "Mad bomber" photo and story. It's another one for the loony books, folks...
  10. K

Interesting Shadowlands pic.

That's some damn fine work, sir. Too bad. I really wanted that kid to be haunted by screaming faces. ;)
  11. K

Yes, that's what I was thinking as well, as the "faces" don't have much detail on the negative, beyond just being some blobs.
  12. K

The Shadowlands' ghost photo section has too many orbs and "ectoplasm" shots and the like, but I did find this one to be semi-interesting: http://theshadowlands.net/page39.html It's the one at the top of the page. Now, obviously the anomaly is there on the submitted negative as well, but...
  13. K

Two other "ghost girl" videos.

Yeah, they both look just like regular people in each clip, especially given The reflection of the eyes in the cemetery one. but that's where I was thinking a translation of what the guy was saying in that one would help a little. In the second one, there's the usual claims of no one being in...
  14. K

Well maybe "debut" is the wrong word, but it's where I found it first, then saw it again over at Crapville. I was just surprised to see anything like this over there in the first place, stolen or not.
  15. K

Found these yesterday while surfing around. The first is making its debut on such sites as ebaumsworld and crapville. Perhaps someone who is multilingual can translate it more than just the first three given sentences for those of us who only speak english...
  16. K

The Barton Mansion

I did a search for this on here, and saw a lot of returned results, but didn't see anything that directly related, so if this has been posted before, my apologies and feel free to merge, but has The barton Mansion ever been discussed on here? http://www.bartonmansion.com/home.html That's...
  17. K

Yes, and all that one is (as someone pointed out on the boards there), is nothing but the top of a propane gas tank. Hooray! I wish Penn and Teller would obliterate that site on their groovy cable series B.S.!
  18. K

The latest and worst are up at long last: http://www.ghoststudy.com/fresh.html Apparently they had to buy a new server and have now split up the galleries into three sections. Plenty of laughs this time around, especially the "Ghost In The Doorway" pic taken with a webcam that looks like...
  19. K

Black Rainbows

I have actually heard about black rainbows! And not in any scientific terms, sadly. Years back, there was a yearly book published called The People's Almanac, chock full of all sorts of interesting things. Well, the first one published, I believe, back in the '70s (it was fascinating reading...
  20. K

Ectoplasm

Sadly, ectoplasm hasn't gone out of style, at least not with some folks. I'll use the Ghoststudy site as the usual culprit once again for this example. Anytime anyone submits a photo over there with fogging or smoke, they categorize it as ectoplasm, completely ignoring the fact that back in...
  21. K

ITC...How believable is it?

In regards to ITC and TVs, last year I did the usual video camera through the TV set hookup and took some pics because some guy over on GhostStudy was doing some, but you had to really squint to make anything out. Anyway, below is the link to some of the "stuff" I captured. more than anything...
  22. K

Oh it's still there sadly...
  23. K

The Big Orb Thread

If that's Jesus, I'm disappointed. ;) If it's dust, that little bastard has been appearing in too many pictures! I vote dust/all other common explanations for orbs. Where was I the other day? Some site linked from some other site, and this lady who was running it had all these orb...
  24. K

Road ghost - video

Sorry, that link forced me to whoever's homepage that was first, and then I couldn't find the movie anywhere on the site. However, is this the one that was just the splotch/bug splatter on the window that was causing the optical illusion of a "ghost" walking across the road? If so, then there...
  25. K

Machine Men

Gah. All right. Case is closed as fast as I asked about it. Seems the whole thing was just an elaborate advertising scheme for Mini Coopers: http://www.motoringfile.com/2004/05/25/ ... n_of_metal Too bad. I was hoping that if it was a hoax, it would have been a better than one to sell...
  26. K

Machine Men

I did a little digging, and found out what the book and who the author was. It was supposed to be a book called Men of Metal by Rowland Samuel. I remembered there was a thread about it at the time on the off topic board over at rateyourmusic: http://rateyourmusic.com/board_message? ...
  27. K

Machine Men

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so if it needs moving, feel free. Anyhow, last year or so in the American magazine Esquire, there was a little book stapled to the middle of one issue that was about this robot or robots supposedly walking around and leaving tracks in fields, etc. I...
  28. K

WHICh HAUNTINGS ARE "REAL"

I voted for the Bell Witch. Having been born in and spent 28 of my 32 years in Tennessee, this was, of course, a big thing. Apparently there are lots of haunted places in my home state, but I never really sought any out. Still, to me it seems the Bell Witch tale has something there that keeps...
  29. K

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

Hell, let's not forget that Elvis didn't even look like Elvis before he croaked. :)
  30. K

Hey now...I claim no responsibility for my fellow Americans' lack of good judgement calls on ghosts. :)
  31. K

The old lady in the window is just a reflection of a tree in the yard. At least, that's how I've always seen it. Maybe I'm wrong, but my eyes have always made out the "blackness" as the leaves of the tree, and then you can see the trunk separating the old lady and the thingy on the right, with...
  32. K

http://www.ghoststudy.com/fresh.html Yep...June's pile o' poop is now up. I seriously am going to have a brain tumor from it, I think. "Ghost Haunts Window" is just a dude looking in the window with a crap story to go along with it. "Ghost and its possessions" (hilariously typoed as...
  33. K

http://www.ghoststudy.com/fresh.html Indeed, the belated May gallery is enough to...well insert smart-assed comment here about the site that would get my wrist slapped if I actuallly typed it. ;) Yet another crop of printing errors, simulacra, an orb obn the bed! (yawn), TV ghosts and...
  34. K

Yeah, they enjoy simulacra more than anything over there. ANd you mentioned the stuff about enhancing the photos. I like it when they do that with the EVPs as well. Yes, I suppose if I stretch my ears two miles apart I can sort of hear what you thinkis there....mmhmm.
  35. K

Quite OK...it's true, they don't like naysayers there. It's truly a case of people wanting to believe in things so badly that they don't seem to have an off switch for all the obvious stuff on that site. And if you dare to disagree (even civilly), you're always shot down by the moderators...
  36. K

Yes, well I just don't know if I want my money going towards materializing spirits who just want to piss on my floors. ;)
  37. K

They need YOU now. For some extra funds... http://www.ghoststudy.com/new8/changes.htm I especially enjoy items number 3 and 7 on the list.
  38. K

Nothing new over there for the month as of yet, but I did spot this hilarious photo in the Paranormal Gallery there (scroll down to the last entry on the page): http://www.ghoststudy.com/new6/para_fil ... 201001.htm Wow! A portal to...the outside right in your very own bedroom! Someone...
  39. K

Faces on walls

Do you think it's possible you could have been doing the classic dreaming while awake thing? This has happened to me countless times. So much so, that I will often act out my dreams with my eyes wide open. I have been known to get up from my bed, walk out to the living room and find an object...
  40. K

Just wondering what you thought of this....

Ooh! Speaking of night vision, the new DVD camcorder I bought this past week has a SUPER NIGHTSHOT setting on it. So my plan is to shoot many boring DVDs' worth of dust particles and bugs in that annoying green filter setting, call them orbs and therefore ghosts, and set up another idiotic...
  41. K

Strange Experience with BBC3 (Odd Static Image)

Well that tears it! Too bad the Ghoststudy boards are trashed up again, else we could put those good news over there in the one thread where they were rotating the picture and finding their fave simulacra ghosts per usual. Good work!
  42. K

Is There Anything In This Pic?

Well if you send it there, they'll definitely accept it as a ghost without question. ;) Just stay with you clear thinking pals here.
  43. K

Is There Anything In This Pic?

Si, simulacra from the stones and shadows.
  44. K

Yeah the site's a real turd. As I said, you often have to hit refresh a few times or just wait...and wait. Sorry.
  45. K

Ah, I see it all now. Thanks for the decrypting. Oh well, yes, now it's not disturbing to me, but I still like the photo. Moving right along then. Here's another one from the same site that I've seen elsewhere. Has this one ever been debunked or explained...
  46. K

Worst Movie EVER?

Definitely The Blair, I mean, Bore Witch Project. Definitely. I'd rather watch all the Police Academy flicks in a row than sit through that stinker.
  47. K

HOORAY! I finally found that damn pic on the Fantasmas site that I used on my CD. It came back after being missing! Mysterious! Wooo... Anyway, here is my vote for fave ghost pic. It's not really scary, and it's undoubtedly not a ghost, but it is disturbing to me in a weird way...in full...
  48. K

Tropicana - not for the faint hearted or remotely sane

That looks and sounds "fun". :) Too bad I live over in the States, as I would really like to see it.
  49. K

Yeah, it looks like the whole thing is posed, anyway. The three people in the front are hunkered down enough to get the "ghost" in there just perfectly. And the photo is framed in such a way that it looks like the whole thing was intentional.
  50. K

In regards to the "girl in the burning building" photo, I used that shot as a label on one of my CDs back in 2001. Ghost photos make for good CD artwork in general. There's another bizarro one I used as the back cover of another disc from the strange Fantasmas site based in Mexico...
Back