• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
On second thoughts - days later, admittedly - I now think the steering wheel guess is probably right. After all, what would be the point of a handle/opening allowing access to flowers when one could simply place flowers into the open, available space beneath? Added to that there are several visible features common to a steering wheel.

I now think the steering wheel guess is probably right.
<over-interpretive_inspiration>
If it is a steering wheel it is turned to the right, this is a graphical shorthand for someone driving on the USA= right-hand side of the road....that person has pulled-over; stopped at the roadside or into a layby: the driver is taking a rest
</over-interpretive_inspiration>

Last edited:
<over-interpretive_inspiration>
If it is a steering wheel is turned to the right, this is a graphical shorthand for someone driving on the USA= right-hand side of the road....that person has pulled-over; stopped at the roadside or into a layby: the driver is taking a rest
</over-interpretive_inspiration>
:nods:
Like the trail sign for 'Gone home' on Baden-Powell's gravestone.

One with the front missing still think it's a speaker.

1707658326792.png

Austin Popper is still closest, I'm over 3 000 miles away.
Damn. And I'm still two time zones away. I thought we had more Murricans here. Dr Wu is in Indiana, I think. Same time zone, at least part of the year, if memory serves. At least that's how I think of it. It's the Eastern time zone, but they don't do daylight time, so they effectively shift zones during the summer. I think that's how it works. It's Sunday and I'm too lazy to ask the Googles. Arizona has the same situation, I think.

That seems to definitely be the same stone type Myth, (The illustration of the 'Scott' stone sum's it up!)
Conclusion. . . it's just a lockable holder for setting a type of flower vase upon the stone.
Have a look at post #249 above... it's actually the base of an inverted vase.
Turn it, pull out the vase, lock it in place by turning it.

I received this earlier today.

View attachment 73670
I'll be mailing these three small hag stones to Randy's cemetery for his plot at the end of this month. Hopefully his friends and family will like them. I tried to find three different stones because he was Randy, Enola and Lloyd.

(let's face it, he was also probably that bloke who jumped out of that plane with the cash and also Lord Lucan as well)

ahagstonesenola.jpg

Glenwood Cemetery
839 Bluff City Highway
Bristol, Tennessee 37620
I'm writing out the label to affix to the jiffy bag so I don't lose this address Yith. What's the name of a boss in charge of a cemetery in the States called please chap?. Then I can include a hand written request inside the jiffy bag and a thank you to all the staff there so we can get them delivered to Randy's plot.

We obviously need somebody to visit and take a closer look.

Volunteers?
Without wanting to be insensitive or upset anybody, this is a virtual tour of his cemetery. If anyone reading feels this might upset them, please do not click on this link. After saying that, it does look tidy, respectful and well maintained for anyone who would prefer not to see but would take comfort in instead just knowing that.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@29.766331,-95.38832,224.57h,8.82p,0z,P7ZjvCzV37IG3qnWMsh90w

I'm writing out the label to affix to the jiffy bag so I don't lose this address Yith. What's the name of a boss in charge of a cemetery in the States called please chap?. Then I can include a hand written request inside the jiffy bag and a thank you to all the staff there so we can get them delivered to Randy's plot.

I'm afraid I don't have the names of any of the staff there.

All my interaction has been via Randy's cousin.

Without wanting to be insensitive or upset anybody, this is a virtual tour of his cemetery. If anyone reading feels this might upset them, please do not click on this link. After saying that, it does look tidy, respectful and well maintained for anyone who would prefer not to see but would take comfort in instead just knowing that.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@29.766331,-95.38832,224.57h,8.82p,0z,P7ZjvCzV37IG3qnWMsh90w

Well found.

Interesting, but with 2007 vintage photos (and resolution to match), it's impossible to identify any of the graves.

Back