• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Volunteer divers find 32 submerged cars in Doral lake, possibly linked to missing persons cold cases​

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-d...possibly-linked-to-missing-persons-cold-cases

--------------------------------------
A diving team that took to the water in Doral has uncovered not just one underwater mystery, but nearly three dozen.

Underwater video captured a diver finding a vehicle in the murky waters of a lake located near Miami International Airport.

Divers Ken Fleming and Doug Bishop spoke with 7News about their finds on Sunday.

“We’re here trying to solve missing persons cold cases,” said Fleming.
The divers work solely as volunteers. They travel across the state, using sonar technology to search bodies of water.

Volunteer divers find 32 submerged cars in Doral lake, possibly linked to missing persons cold cases​

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-d...possibly-linked-to-missing-persons-cold-cases

--------------------------------------
A diving team that took to the water in Doral has uncovered not just one underwater mystery, but nearly three dozen.

Underwater video captured a diver finding a vehicle in the murky waters of a lake located near Miami International Airport.

Divers Ken Fleming and Doug Bishop spoke with 7News about their finds on Sunday.

“We’re here trying to solve missing persons cold cases,” said Fleming.
The divers work solely as volunteers. They travel across the state, using sonar technology to search bodies of water.
The buoys look fairly close together. it is obviously a well known dumping spot for there to be 32 cars in such close proximity, especially if it turns out the searcher's guess of 30-40 years span for the missing vehicles found is accurate.

Mystery totem pole appears on coastal path in south-east England.

A 2.4 metre carved wooden totem pole, thought to represent Perkūnas the hammer-wielding Lithuanian God of thunder, has appeared on a cliff-top along the North-Downs way in Kent.

4724.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...appears-on-coastal-path-in-south-east-england

From the BBC...

Texas woman injured after hawk drops snake on her​

_130695000_hawk-index2-cbs.jpg.webp

A Texas woman was attacked by a hawk and a snake at the same time after the bird - which eats snakes - accidentally dropped the wriggling serpent on her.
Peggy Jones, 64, was mowing her lawn last month when a passing hawk dropped a snake on her before swooping down to angrily try to reclaim its meal.
The snake wrapped itself around her arm and began striking her face as the bird sunk its talons deep into her flesh.
The terrifying ordeal left her with cuts and bruising to her arm and face.
The bizarre incident took place on 25 July in the town of Silsbee, Texas, near the Louisiana border.
It began after a snake suddenly fell out of the sky and landed on her. Before she could remove it, the hawk attack began.

BBC on a roll today...

Car crashes into second floor of Pennsylvania home​

_130691751_366186343_787132049871934_3451529850969847409_n.jpg.webp

A man drove his car into the second floor of a Pennsylvania home on Sunday in what officials say was an "intentional act".
Charges are pending against the driver after police found a grey vehicle sticking out of the side of the house in the city of Lewistown.
Officials have not said how exactly the vehicle made its way to the second floor.
"The pictures speak for themselves," a fire official told the BBC.

BBC on a roll today...

A man drove his car into the second floor of a Pennsylvania home on Sunday in what officials say was an "intentional act".
Charges are pending against the driver after police found a grey vehicle sticking out of the side of the house in the city of Lewistown.
Officials have not said how exactly the vehicle made its way to the second floor.
Blimey - I wonder how fast he’d have to be going to achieve that.

the car likely hit the second floor because of a culvert - a tunnel that carries a stream under a road or railway - on the left side of the house.

The driver "went into the culvert and propelled into the air and landed on the second floor",

BBC on a roll today...

We have an answer to the question posed in this thread -
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...e-the-flying-cars-its-the-21st-century.17552/

BBC on a roll today...

"Oops. . . pushed the wrong button!"

Man claiming to be long-lost son of Muhammad Ali spared jail over threatening garda​

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-41201350.html
Ibn Muhammad Ali, who has given two ages, 39 and 51, pleaded guilty at Dublin District Court to a breach of the peace in Smithfield on August 7 and failing to comply with a caution to leave the area peacefully. He also pleaded guilty to giving gardaí a false address

"I am a victim of child kidnapping; I would like a lawyer; I have always told the truth," he said.
:rofl:

Terrified villagers in a rural Peruvian district have claimed they have come under attack by 7ft-tall aliens they have dubbed Los Pelacaras, or The Face Peelers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12384217/Peruvian-villagers-attack-aliens-face-peelers.html
This incident does have news reporting from Peru, but it's in Spanish and unfortunately my Spanish isn't good enough. While the reported creatures are claimed to float in the air, there is no report of a UFO per se.

Google translate has reporting that it's not aliens, it's illegal miners.

This incident does have news reporting from Peru, but it's in Spanish and unfortunately my Spanish isn't good enough. While the reported creatures are claimed to float in the air, there is no report of a UFO per se.

Google translate has reporting that it's not aliens, it's illegal miners.
Here are a few Spanish-language links, I haven't read through them all yet, but I do see suggestions that the villagers were attacked by illegal miners, although as far as I know, miners don't float in the air. I'll translate when I get a few minutes.

Ciudadanos denuncian ser atacados por 'seres extraños' durante las noches en Loreto (Citizens denounce being attacked by 'strange beings' during the nights in Loreto), from La República, Peru.

Perú: una tribu indígena denunció ataques de "extraterrestres de más de dos metros de altura" (Peru: an indigenous tribe denounces attack by "aliens more than two meters tall) form Perfil, Argentina.

¡No eran extraterrestres, eran mineros ilegales! Fiscalía revela investigación de comunidad en Loreto (They weren't aliens, they were illegal miners! The prosecutors office reveals investigation of community in Loreto), from La República, Peru.

BBC on a roll today...

H'mmm, haven't we got a thread for "Where are the flying cars"?

Back