Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • all of the above

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Somebody hired Jack Ruby to silence Oswald. They knew Jack didn't have long to live.
That's what I think happened, anyway.
But supposedly Oswald was a patsy .....so what could he know..? And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
But supposedly Oswald was a patsy .....so what could he know..? And Ruby was dying anyway..so why not spill his guts..? Doesn't really make sense to me.
Oswald could have said that he'd been hired. Ruby was probably paid a lot of money that would go to his family, contingent on his successful assassination of Oswald and on his silence.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Oswald could have said that he'd been hired. Ruby was probably paid a lot of money that would go to his family, contingent on his successful assassination of Oswald and on his silence.
But Oswald already denied all of it...and did anyone ever trace any money to Ruby..? Lots of maybes and guesses.

Lizard King

Ephemeral Spectre
I suppose 'Mob' conspiracy people would say it was to keep Oswald quiet....assuming he knew anything at all.
I was always surprised that Ruby did what he did....he was a small time gangster...why did he care about Kennedy that much? Strange.
How was he able to get so close with a gun?

Tribble

Furry Idiot
Maybe there were rumours that LHO was working for the Mafia and could implicate people of importance, and Ruby, being a small-time crook of very little brain, thought he could ingratiate himself with said people of importance by silencing a rat.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Heh.....here's a radical new idea....maybe Oswald did do it alone and simply got lucky with his shots...? People get lucky all the time.....especially when they win those big lotteries.
;)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Heh.....here's a radical new idea....maybe Oswald did do it alone and simply got lucky with his shots...? People get lucky all the time.....especially when they win those big lotteries.
;)
Well. That is a possibility. His motivation? He was an ideological Marxist, maybe it was purely political?

OrsonSwells

Junior Acolyte
Ruby wasn't diagnosed as having lung cancer until 3 years later (circa December 1966), when he was hospitalized with apparent pneumonia.
Wasn't one theory that he was injected with it? Can they even do that?

I saw a documentary that really challenged the notion that Ruby was involved in a wider conspiracy. He apparently went to a bank beforehand and was delayed there quite a while just before nipping down to the county jail and shooting Oswald. I think practically the moment he walked in Oswald appeared and he shot him. Now the programme implied he was either a really easygoing assassin or he got seriously lucky with his timing.

I've never known what to make of that because previously I'd thought the involvement of Ruby really gave the game away.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Wasn't one theory that he was injected with it? Can they even do that? ...
I seem to recall reading years ago that Ruby was alleged to have claimed he'd been given an injection which he believed contained cancer cells which caused his cancer.

To the best of my knowledge, injecting cancerous cells from another person isn't an effective way of inducing cancer. It certainly isn't a means that could be expected to target the bronchus and lungs of a lifelong smoker who'd spent his working life in smoky bars and strip clubs.

Cecil Baargs

Junior Acolyte
I seem to recall reading years ago that Ruby was alleged to have claimed he'd been given an injection which he believed contained cancer cells which caused his cancer.

To the best of my knowledge, injecting cancerous cells from another person isn't an effective way of inducing cancer. It certainly isn't a means that could be expected to target the bronchus and lungs of a lifelong smoker who'd spent his working life in smoky bars and strip clubs.
Do we have the SLIGHTEST notion of what the medics working for the CIA (i.e international assassination bureau) were and are capable of?

Cecil Baargs

Junior Acolyte
Just your average day for a mobbed-up 'businessman' then. Send a money order, then go shoot a stranger in front of the world's press, citing patriotism. Nobody bought that at the time and no-one ever will, unless they really really want or need to.

Last edited:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
There were two access routes to the murder locus, both open to the public. All he had to do was mingle with the crowd of similarly-dressed reporters. ...
... And not for the first time. Ruby impersonated a reporter - attending, and even speaking up in, a press conference at Dallas Police HQ on November 22 (the day JFK was shot).

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
He even corrected erroneous information that was being given out. I think the police said that Oswald was a member of the "Free Cuba Committee" (I think!), but Ruby pointed out that it was actually the "Fair Play for Cuba Committee." How would Ruby know such a little known fact at the time?

DrPaulLee

Justified & Ancient
So...he had plenty of time to say his piece..but never did......loyalty or maybe there was nothing to tell.?
There are at least two interviews where Ruby alluded to very high up people being involved in the assassination. In one he pointed the finger at "the man in office now." Which was Johnson. It's hard to determine Ruby's mindset, whether he was just aggrandizing or something else. After Oswald was shot, Ruby was very nervous, sweating and smoking a lot. When news came through that Oswald had died and that Ruby faced the electric chair, he calmed right down, stopped sweating and informed the police that he didn't smoke!