• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Yep, there is something strange about that grey patch.

I can also see a very faint and, for want of a better word, ghostly (I make no assertions as to what it actually is) shape that starts just to the left of that grey patch. It is somewhat reminiscent of a pair of human legs, posed as though one foot were slightly in front of the other. The shape loses such definition as it has as you follow the "legs" up.

The dark grey patch is a mat, rigid sheet of some material, or panel lying flat in the side-corridor, foyer, or whatever that spatial extension is that leads off to the right. There's no 'closed corner' there (follow the baseboards to see the gap).

A greyish panel or material is visible hanging from or serving as a ceiling in these photos of the same or very similar room at the Fairmount:

http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagi...ww.flickr.com/photos/40731766@N07/29340480245

http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagi...ww.flickr.com/photos/40731766@N07/28717309944

NOTE: The rustic couch certainly appears to be the very same one, with the same blanket draped over it. These additional photos show that there are exterior windows in the room(s) pictured. The problem is that one can't tell for certain whether these photos are of a single room versus multiple similar rooms. Another problem is that we can't tell how widely dispersed in time these snapshots were taken.

You'll notice both these photos illustrate visible ephemera in the air. One looks like a rain of small particles, and the other shows a vertical smudge analogous to the lighter grey area in the photo posted above (i.e., Krepostnoi's 'ghostly shape').

Seeing as how the room is in a disheveled state (e.g., abandoned; under renovation) I have to wonder whether these photos were taken through a transparent sheet (glass, plastic) hung up over a doorway so people could peek, but not go, inside the room. If so, the ghostly lighter grey smudges could simply be reflections off that barrier.

Taken as a set (because I can't confirm all photos are of the same room) it appears there's an issue with dust or particles falling from the ceiling. A dusty atmosphere might also explain the light grey smudges.

There is only one room in Fairmount on the tour that has that red paint on the walls. It is supposedly the most active room, the one where the prostitute threw herself out of the window. The picture I posted was taken by my husband on his cellphone with the basic camera function. The grey thing on the floor is a trash can under the window. To us it looked like legs going up to a guys sort of torso but make of it what you will. Also it is under renovation but the owner had no sheets of plastic around especially in that room. That room is the owners favorite.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarifications!

Yep, there is something strange about that grey patch.

I can also see a very faint and, for want of a better word, ghostly (I make no assertions as to what it actually is) shape that starts just to the left of that grey patch. It is somewhat reminiscent of a pair of human legs, posed as though one foot were slightly in front of the other. The shape loses such definition as it has as you follow the "legs" up.

If those are legs, the window sill is at or below knee level.

Right But also there has been heavy remodeling done in the building. It is not even the original building. The first hotel and brothel burned down, and then there was a flood, all pretty much on that piece of land. The building there now was built in the early 1900s and the only deaths the owner knows about are what he can learn from records and such available. Also, people were shorter back then.;) Anyway I kinda thought the black line looked like a belt and the shoes might have spats on.

I've seen that one before. Delightfully eerie, but I think it's bogus. This one is quite good, too (go to 07:35mins)...
...although the noises don't really sound mine related.

Here's a new one he posted Dec. 1. This one is very creepy. Action (well, noises, actually), starts at about 12 minutes in, unless you are interested in a flashlight review, as well.
Brrrr...

Very spooky but also very easy to explain away due to the way that sound travels underground, the wind outside, previous heavy rain, etc. Could also be faked of course (send a friend ahead and play back some spooky sounds on an MP3 player). If it was a "natural" occurrence then it's curious how it just started and stopped. Bats maybe further on in the shaft?

Nice recording though, if it wasn't faked then that guy has massive balls of steel for not getting in a panic and just running for the exit. :)

That is absolutely terrifying, thank you for posting that. Frank, he's either in the wrong job and should be an actor and film director*, or he's the bravest man alive. I think I'm going for the second.

At first I wanted to think him making another video with frightening stuff after the Horton mine one, that was just overegging the pudding. But I find it wholly believable. I suppose because i can't imagine such a sensible sounding fellow doing a flashlight review, slipping such crazy stuff in in post production. Although I admit old Frank is a very strange combination, sober flashlight reviewer vs being in a tumbledown mine in the middle of nowhere on a stormy night all on his own.

What the noise is is another matter, it's definitely something repeating over and overlapping with itself. weird echoes must be common in a mine, and your human brain wants to hear words in it but it might not be words at all.

I am going for tommyknockers/ american coblynau. Or maybe snakes. Oh god let it be snakes :)

(Here at work today the wind is howling through the air handling / back door with a ghastly noise a bit like chanting bass buddhist monks. If it were dark and in a mine i wouldn't be dismissing it quite so easily. I'm barely aware of it on a bright monday though)

*on 99.9% of 'deliberate' you tube ghost videos, there'd be shrieking and swearing and god knows what. But Frank keeps it under control, and just tells us it's time to get out and quietly makes for the exit.

Very nice work Belshazzar. :)

There do appear to be voices in there. I don't know, I just keep getting a feeling that somebody has popped an MP3 player further along in the mine. :)

excellent work!

it sounds like you can hear something/one breathing in at the starrt of the phrases :eek::eek::eek:

Here's a new one he posted Dec. 1. This one is very creepy. Action (well, noises, actually), starts at about 12 minutes in, unless you are interested in a flashlight review, as well.
Brrrr...

It actually sounds like an automated Tannoy message from the top clip. Female voice and then sirens. Actually a bit like a french police siren

I believe that mines use some pretty robust public address systems to summon electricians and fitters etc.

These Tannoy systems could carry for a long way. This sound could have come from any part of the extensive Victorine mine.

The mine stopped in 1989 so its unlikely that a tannoy would still be working or powered. Therefore I reckon it's another group recording in another part of the complex.

The thing that annoys me is the guy runs away rather than getting closer and he's in the vicinity so how about tracking down some ex-miners to play the recording to them?

Why does everyone freak out and run away?

That is absolutely terrifying, thank you for posting that. Frank, he's either in the wrong job and should be an actor and film director*, or he's the bravest man alive. I think I'm going for the second.

At first I wanted to think him making another video with frightening stuff after the Horton mine one, that was just overegging the pudding. But I find it wholly believable. I suppose because i can't imagine such a sensible sounding fellow doing a flashlight review, slipping such crazy stuff in in post production. Although I admit old Frank is a very strange combination, sober flashlight reviewer vs being in a tumbledown mine in the middle of nowhere on a stormy night all on his own.

What the noise is is another matter, it's definitely something repeating over and overlapping with itself. weird echoes must be common in a mine, and your human brain wants to hear words in it but it might not be words at all.

I am going for tommyknockers/ american coblynau. Or maybe snakes. Oh god let it be snakes :)

(Here at work today the wind is howling through the air handling / back door with a ghastly noise a bit like chanting bass buddhist monks. If it were dark and in a mine i wouldn't be dismissing it quite so easily. I'm barely aware of it on a bright monday though)

*on 99.9% of 'deliberate' you tube ghost videos, there'd be shrieking and swearing and god knows what. But Frank keeps it under control, and just tells us it's time to get out and quietly makes for the exit.
I think he's a little bit crazy, going into an old abandoned mine, alone, and at night.
He should have taken a friend for safety.
It sounded to me like a hissing voice repeating 'I see you, do you see me'...:eek:

I think he's a little bit crazy, going into an old abandoned mine, alone, and at night.

I must say, I know a lot of people who explore abandoned mines and they all take the utmost care, most of which this guy seems to be lacking. First of all they dress head-to-toe appropriately: boiler suits, boots (or waders if need be), and of course a hard-hat with head torch as well as several back-up torches. They never go alone, always tell others where they are going, and always keep an eye on their toxic gas sensors - which they'd never venture anywhere without!
This guy just seems to rock up in shorts and a hard hat and hopes for the best.

Cheers!:)

I usually don't buy into creepy Utube videos as being very believable, but Frank does come across as more legit, mainly for the reasons you stated above. I haven't watched many, but his channel has a LOT of videos, so it seems that he has explored many mines. As far as I can tell, there are only the two that have anything "weird" happen in them. While he doesn't bolt or shriek or scream, you can hear that he is freaked, and splits mighty quick once he gets a good listen. ;)

And while I do imagine sounds can distort, echo, and be generally hard to place underground, it seems to me, if it was echos, they wouldn't die out so quickly and completely like they do in the clip, and if was the wind, or water, same thing. Also, Frank seems to not know what it might be, which, for a guy that seems to spend a lot of time in abandoned mines, is the creepy part.

(or is the creepy part that he tries to convince himself, to stop from panicking, that there are enough, or big enough, snakes in there to make a sound like that?)

It sounded to me like a hissing voice repeating 'I see you, do you see me'...:eek:

I agree! I'd have split the second I saw all those boulders piled on top of that century old wood, never mind whatever those sounds were!

I hear something like "I see you, do you see me? I'm a shadow, in the shadows... and then something else that repeats and/or echos with a sibilant sound.

This guy just seems to rock up in shorts and a hard hat and hopes for the best.

Sounds like one of my gigs!

There is a classic expression that I use when planning: "Fail to plan and you're planning to fail".

But mostly I tend to just go with "F*** it. That'll do".

I agree! I'd have split the second I saw all those boulders piled on top of that century old wood, never mind whatever those sounds were!

Yeah, that's the thing that would have told me 'don't go past this point'.

I hear something like "I see you, do you see me? I'm a shadow, in the shadows... and then something else that repeats and/or echos with a sibilant sound.

If I'd been ol' Frank, I'd have had a brown trouser moment. That actually sounds evil.

Yeah, that's the thing that would have told me 'don't go past this point'.

If I'd been ol' Frank, I'd have had a brown trouser moment. That actually sounds evil.

I honestly don't know what I would've done, in Frank's shoes. Definitely nothing as calmly as he did it.
And I'd definitely think twice about ever going into any mine, or underground, ever again!!

"This one is very creepy. Action (well, noises, actually), starts at about 12 minutes in"

I was getting creeped-out by claustrophobia well before that point.
As for the noises, if genuine rather than hoaxed, they remind me of the whispered sounds coming from a grotesque ventilation duct in a classic B&W horror film (which I can't recall the name of).

Last edited:
I haven't watched many, but his channel has a LOT of videos, so it seems that he has explored many mines. As far as I can tell, there are only the two that have anything "weird" happen in them.

There's an apparition at 8.25 in another video, here:

He seems to have a fair bit of success at this.

Back