• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Victory was very annoyed about Roger Waters and antisemitism.

I wrote him a friendly feather-unruffler, but he has not been back to read it.

This thread might be relevant - Love the Art, Hate the Artist

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/love-the-art-hate-the-artist.69429/

When it's YOU that the attack is made on (by the artist) it's possibly impossible to feel sanguine about it. When the background is a rising atmosphere of hate, violence and threat against YOU then people discussing a particular raw and current example is more than difficult. When people are discussing it in a calm detached manner and ignoring the fact that you are directly involved, it goes beyond a nasty taste in the mouth and potentially becomes enough to drive off an established and valued member. Who knows what it does to people who are browsing thinking about joining the communuity?

I hope @Victory comes back. I miss him already.

Remember when a member's partner was seriously ill and a now-ex-member tried to turn the thread into what he saw as an expose of them people who come here and take our jobs... Cock-wombling of the highest order.

Maybe a little more acknowledgement of the situations people find themselves facing simultaneously with our razor-sharp wit and forensic analysis? No skin off the collective nose I'd have thought. :twothumbs:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/love-the-art-hate-the-artist.69429/

When it's YOU that the attack is made on (by the artist) it's possibly impossible to feel sanguine about it. When the background is a rising atmosphere of hate, violence and threat against YOU then people discussing a particular raw and current example is more than difficult. When people are discussing it in a calm detached manner and ignoring the fact that you are directly involved, it goes beyond a nasty taste in the mouth and potentially becomes enough to drive off an established and valued member. Who knows what it does to people who are browsing thinking about joining the communuity?

I hope @Victory comes back. I miss him already.

Remember when a member's partner was seriously ill and a now-ex-member tried to turn the thread into what he saw as an expose of them people who come here and take our jobs... Cock-wombling of the highest order.

Maybe a little more acknowledgement of the situations people find themselves facing simultaneously with our razor-sharp wit and forensic analysis? No skin off the collective nose I'd have thought. :twothumbs:
Spot on comment.
I always seemed to find myself agreeing with @Victory and hope he'll come back.
I've also noticed that @Ronnie Jersey, who was scared away once, but came back, has also been very quiet of late.
Hope she'll rejoin the happy throng!

Recently, listened to an abridged version of Monsters: A Fan's Dilemma which is about the struggle between art/artist. When I've some spare cash, I'm getting a copy.
Minor digression ... carry on.

Recently, listened to an abridged version of Monsters: A Fan's Dilemma which is about the struggle between art/artist. When I've some spare cash, I'm getting a copy.
Minor digression ... carry on.
I read a fairly withering review of that in Private Eye - I'd be interested in your take (in the appropriate thread, of course)

A few weeks back I sent @Ronnie Jersey a pm asking her if all was ok. So far, no reply.
Yes I'd also sent her a pm back in June and no reply. I was concerned that maybe her husband was still unwell. It might be of course something good like she's been able to move house and has been too busy!

Spot on comment.
I always seemed to find myself agreeing with @Victory and hope he'll come back.
I've also noticed that @Ronnie Jersey, who was scared away once, but came back, has also been very quiet of late.
Hope she'll rejoin the happy throng!
Yes, Victory is quite intelligent, and I could always count on him to set me straight on Jewish tradition when religion came up.

Ronnie was quite active until suddenly stopping about a month ago, and I think she's comfortable enough here to be beyond being scared away. I hope she's okay.

I think we'll find that @Ronnie Jersey has some stuff to deal with 'in real life' currently. I expect she'll be back at some point.
Hi there - Yes, I've been extremely busy with Mr. R, who is still in a physical therapy facility, I visit every day and have to his laundry and return it (LOL!).
He has been diagnosed with extreme neuropathy - nerve pain - in his legs, and been unable to walk.
Just this past Monday, after 3 months, he has suddenly been able to stand and walk, and the pain is subsiding!
I am also busy moving nearby, to a first floor apartment, to make it easier for him when he comes home, and putting things into a storage facility, as well as donating as much as possible to the animal societies in my area.
I just thank God that he has slowly improved and is healing!

Hi there - Yes, I've been extremely busy with Mr. R, who is still in a physical therapy facility, I visit every day and have to his laundry and return it (LOL!).
He has been diagnosed with extreme neuropathy - nerve pain - in his legs, and been unable to walk.
Just this past Monday, after 3 months, he has suddenly been able to stand and walk, and the pain is subsiding!
I am also busy moving nearby, to a first floor apartment, to make it easier for him when he comes home, and putting things into a storage facility, as well as donating as much as possible to the animal societies in my area.
Welcome back @Ronnie Jersey; Glad to hear Mr J is getting better, must have been a long three months+ for you both.

Welcome back @Ronnie Jersey; Glad to hear Mr J is getting better, must have been a long three months+ for you both.
It has been an extremely long three months, and I have never been so happy to have my health!
For a long time I wasn't sure what to think about Mr. R, but I would believe that the nerves in his legs (after a 5 hour surgery) have taken all this time to start healing, and will only get better as he exercises.

For a long time I wasn't sure what to think about Mr. R, but I would believe that the nerves in his legs (after a 5 hour surgery) have taken all this time to start healing, and will only get better as he exercises.
Shame you missed us finding that Thunderbird photo.

Pity we lost it again and accidentally wiped all the files. :evillaugh:

Glad everything is working out for you now, must be taking a toll on you, especially with having to move as well, once you get settled in it will be better for you and your husband, I couldnt even comprehend pain like that, I am so glad he is healing.
I love how you donate to the animal places, they will appreciate it a lot.
You take care and take your time

It has been an extremely long three months, and I have never been so happy to have my health!
Great to see you back!
Best wishes to you and yours.
Don't be a stranger now!

Back