• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

And you never reply to me.
Sure she replies....

Sophia-Petrillo-sophia-petrillo-43581258-245-199.gif

There's a club.

I made the mistake of answering a question on writing, and now I KEEP getting emails asking me to answer such stupid questions as 'how can I make thousands writing my autobiography?' and 'how many pages should I make my book?'
If I was asking a question about writing I'd be asking "How do I even out line-lengths?" I write poetry & while a lot of them turn out well with perfect, complete rhyme & even line-lengths, sometimes my line-lengths turn out uneven. (I write in rhyme. There are more rules.) A lot of my poems with uneven line-lengths turn into good songs. (I add in key/note/word-holds to even out line-lengths. *I'm a singer*.)

I have evened out some line-lengths by eliminating unnecessary words that don't add anything to the beauty of the poem or message behind it.

If I was asking a question about writing I'd be asking "How do I even out line-lengths?" I write poetry & while a lot of them turn out well with perfect, complete rhyme & even line-lengths, sometimes my line-lengths turn out uneven. (I write in rhyme. There are more rules.) A lot of my poems with uneven line-lengths turn into good songs. (I add in key/note/word-holds to even out line-lengths. *I'm a singer*.)

I have evened out some line-lengths by eliminating unnecessary words that don't add anything to the beauty of the poem or message behind it.
Stick with Iambic pentameter.
One chap did very well from it.

I'm lurking.

After I posted a reply to (I think) Dick Turpin explaining the possible reasons for his inability to get accepted for TV shows, being careful to word my post so that I didn't mention any person or group of people, or anything political, I suddenly was unable to access any part of the site without receiving any kind of warning, just an automatically generated message that I was banned for 'anti-PC posts' until 4pm Sunday, which seemed oddly specific.
I assume the post I mention above was the trigger event for that ban, or somebody took exception to my explanation and 'put their hand up' ("Sir.....Sir.....Trevp said something I don't like!") but I didn't get it explained to me, nothing specific was forthcoming, and nor has it since, so I cannot be sure, and as such I expect that my posts are being scrutinised for any minor misdemeanour.
And I don't feel able to post if I am being 'sat at the front of the class'.
And yet I see entire threads being created, and posted to, which appear solely created only for the purpose of making political points, or with posts that are definitely solely political, but they are not dealt with.
(eg. see https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/100-schools-to-close.70723/)
And I am not able to report these things because I was previously advised that TPTB thought I was just 'vexatiously reporting' things, which if I reported things again that that itself would incur a warning/ban.

So I will just lurk, read what others write, and change my avatar weekly (now that can't possibly upset anyone, surely?)

I'm lurking.

After I posted a reply to (I think) Dick Turpin explaining the possible reasons for his inability to get accepted for TV shows, being careful to word my post so that I didn't mention any person or group of people, or anything political, I suddenly was unable to access any part of the site without receiving any kind of warning, just an automatically generated message that I was banned for 'anti-PC posts' until 4pm Sunday, which seemed oddly specific.
I assume the post I mention above was the trigger event for that ban, or somebody took exception to my explanation and 'put their hand up' ("Sir.....Sir.....Trevp said something I don't like!") but I didn't get it explained to me, nothing specific was forthcoming, and nor has it since, so I cannot be sure, and as such I expect that my posts are being scrutinised for any minor misdemeanour.
And I don't feel able to post if I am being 'sat at the front of the class'.
And yet I see entire threads being created, and posted to, which appear solely created only for the purpose of making political points, or with posts that are definitely solely political, but they are not dealt with.
(eg. see https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/100-schools-to-close.70723/)
And I am not able to report these things because I was previously advised that TPTB thought I was just 'vexatiously reporting' things, which if I reported things again that that itself would incur a warning/ban.

So I will just lurk, read what others write, and change my avatar weekly (now that can't possibly upset anyone, surely?)
Oh dear, who will we have fun with?? :(
Never mind, I'll be waiting at the park bench until you are about again........

posts that are definitely solely political, but they are not dealt with.

wtf... how is that political?

what are these others that you say are

entire threads being created, and posted to, which appear solely created only for the purpose of making political points

After I posted a reply to (I think) Dick Turpin explaining the possible reasons for his inability to get accepted for TV shows, being careful to word my post so that I didn't mention any person or group of people, or anything political,

Assuming you have hard evidence for whatever you were hinting at, why were you hinting? :dunno: Unless it's hard evidence in the area of politics or culture wars of course.

I was about to type it's 'lucky' that we always keep all of the receipts all of the time, but it isn't really luck at all since we see the same members trying it on again and again.

So your 'possible reasons' for Dick's failure to be accepted amount to:

Trev.png

I think you'd better stop wasting our time now.

The posts we posters post create the tone for this Forteana Forum.

Surely we want a forum that attracts (and keeps) people throughout the whole of human experience, we should resist any possibility of alienating anyone.

Some discussions on some subjects can become difficult, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the discussions.

From your content @Trevp666 you seem intelligent enough to make your points without resorting to mean spirited snarkiness.

As I said, I didn't mention any person or group of people, or anything political, in my post.
It was solely an ambiguous reference to the 'casting' requirements of TV shows as an attempt to answer DTs query with a modicum of humour.
(I must apologise wholeheartedly for having the temerity to try to be semi-amusing)
And nobody here had the courtesy of even contacting me to explain exactly what is/was the issue.
Hopefully my continued lack of contributions will be sufficient enough to avoid further upset and any 'time wasting'.

we see the same members trying it on again and again.
I expect we also see the same members 'putting their hands up' again and again too.

wtf... how is that political?
Now that the thread I indicated has had the political comment swiftly excised after being visible for a week, it isn't.

As I said, I didn't mention any person or group of people, or anything political, in my post.

For a few years now, we've been trying to create a more welcoming tone, one free from the kind of relentless grind of snark and innuendo that characterises the worst we have to offer as a community. Most of our core membership has seen the sense in this and supported us in our attempts.

Unsurprisingly, that majority has now begun to point out how greatly the mirth quotient of the kind of posts in which you revel declines when the audience is repeatedly bludgeoned with new yet inelegant variations on the same boorish themes against the same targets.

And nobody here had the courtesy of even contacting me to explain exactly what is/was the issue.

Nor will they now have to in the future.

You've had your chips.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...the-warning-ban-log.23687/page-9#post-2290301

Last edited:
Trev was, is my friend.

A lovely chap, who would do anything to help anyone and always tried to help people out with any incidences/problems/strangeness, Fortean (or otherwise).

Considering there are some people here who (certainly as far as I'm aware) have never contributed anything even remotely Fortean to this board- let alone ever started a thread, reignited an old thread, started some humorous banter, or generally contributed much at all and have just let others do all the work, day in day out, week in week out- it's a great shame that someone who contributed as much as he did, has had to go.

I shall say no more or else I shall be nailed too.

Trev was, is my friend.

A lovely chap, who would do anything to help anyone and always tried to help people out with any incidences/problems/strangeness, Fortean (or otherwise).

Considering there are some people here who (certainly as far as I'm aware) have never contributed anything even remotely Fortean to this board- let alone ever started a thread, reignited an old thread, started some humorous banter, or generally contributed much at all and have just let others do all the work, day in day out, week in week out- it's a great shame that someone who contributed as much as he did, has had to go.

I shall say no more or else I shall be nailed too.
I'm very sorry that he's gone.

I'm very sorry I haven't contributed anything (much) but I'm very busy. I'm a heritage preservationist. I work hard at work & home. I get sent on courses from work & do homework. I'm on other forums & I'm a chat co-ordinator on one of them. I also write poetry. I've written a lot. I'm on a poetry site where I talk to poets, share my poetry, comment on others, thank people for their comments, take creative writing courses and enter & host contests.

I'm very sorry that he's gone.

I'm very sorry I haven't contributed anything (much) but I'm very busy. I'm a heritage preservationist. I work hard at work & home. I get sent on courses from work & do homework. I'm on other forums & I'm a chat co-ordinator on one of them. I also write poetry. I've written a lot. I'm on a poetry site where I talk to poets, share my poetry, comment on others, thank people for their comments, take creative writing courses and enter & host contests.
And that is perfectly fine.

Back