• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

This thread might be relevant - Love the Art, Hate the Artist

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/love-the-art-hate-the-artist.69429/

When it's YOU that the attack is made on (by the artist) it's possibly impossible to feel sanguine about it. When the background is a rising atmosphere of hate, violence and threat against YOU then people discussing a particular raw and current example is more than difficult. When people are discussing it in a calm detached manner and ignoring the fact that you are directly involved, it goes beyond a nasty taste in the mouth and potentially becomes enough to drive off an established and valued member. Who knows what it does to people who are browsing thinking about joining the communuity?

I hope @Victory comes back. I miss him already.

Remember when a member's partner was seriously ill and a now-ex-member tried to turn the thread into what he saw as an expose of them people who come here and take our jobs... Cock-wombling of the highest order.

Maybe a little more acknowledgement of the situations people find themselves facing simultaneously with our razor-sharp wit and forensic analysis? No skin off the collective nose I'd have thought. :twothumbs:
I think I remember the thread you mention :) I also like to read what @Victory has to say and do hope he will be back!

I'd just like to say that I'm back after being MIA for some time, having been addicted to Facebook.
I hope to inform and entertain. ❤

It has been an extremely long three months, and I have never been so happy to have my health!
For a long time I wasn't sure what to think about Mr. R, but I would believe that the nerves in his legs (after a 5 hour surgery) have taken all this time to start healing, and will only get better as he exercises.

Welcome back! :)

@Dinobot

Are you just kinda busy right now?

The Evolution of the Mad Scientist - JSTOR Daily

If I ever think this board is getting a little bit daft, I just pop over to Quora. A few minutes of questions like 'Do they speak American English in Britain?' and I am so incensed that this place looks like a model of propriety.

If I ever think this board is getting a little bit daft, I just pop over to Quora. A few minutes of questions like 'Do they speak American English in Britain?' and I am so incensed that this place looks like a model of propriety.
Yup, and you're then bombarded with emails on the same subject. :pitch:

Mostly mocking me. :chuckle:
There's a club.
Yup, and you're then bombarded with emails on the same subject. :pitch:
I made the mistake of answering a question on writing, and now I KEEP getting emails asking me to answer such stupid questions as 'how can I make thousands writing my autobiography?' and 'how many pages should I make my book?'

Back