The Fortean Video Archive

FrKadash

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a video that was discussed many years ago on the forum of a US news clip that featured an interview with a woman outside her house at night (discussing a haunting?), and the camera caught something strange running past her upstairs window? I think it was like a giant cat walking very quickly on its hind legs(!)

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Two celebrity stories which appear in countless strange but true compilation books and articles, often subtly different from one recounting to the next, but here are the original from the horse's mouth versions by the people involved.

Firstly Alec Guinness' prophetic warning to James Dean

Secondly Telly Savalas, and his inverted phantom hitchhiker experience. A truly amazing story , ruined and made comical sadly by the utterly ridiculous voice employed in the re-enactment. Try your best to ignore it and concentrate on TS's words.

See Also:

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/phantom-hitchhikers-road-ghosts.1632/

Last edited by a moderator:

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Another worthwhile inclusion. The Father Gill/Papua New Guinea ufo sighting. I first read of this in a book on forteana several years ago and was somewhat confounded that it was held up as the most important and impressive ufo sighting on record, yet I'd never heard of it. In summary in 1959 and Anglcan minister in PNG along with 3 dozen other witnesses, over several hours and multiple nights, watched and interacted with an apparent craft and its occupants hovering in the sky above them.

Whether you've heard of it or not, to my surprise here is a - i assume 1970s - interview with Father Gill himself describing the event.

See Also:

Hello Down There (1959; Boianai, Papua New Guinea)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/hello-down-there-1959-boianai-papua-new-guinea.12793/

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
One of the most famous/notorious UFO incidents - the disappearance of Australian pilot Fred Valentich while reporting an unidentified and hard to describe aircraft ( "its not an aircraft!") which was " playing games" with him and moving at speeds he couldn't estimate.

There are many videos ABOUT it on YouTube but here is the actual audio of his conversation with air traffic control
[ Post edited for a better , longer copy of the recording]

See Also:

Frederick Valentich Disappearance (Australia; 1978)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...valentich-disappearance-australia-1978.65302/

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not his own voice, but his own words, Jung describing his concept of Synchronicity and other "Psi" related subjects.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Contemporary news coverage of the Silver Bridge collapse at Point Pleasant, which John Keel ( rather opaquely) placed as the centre and culmination of the events in his account of the "Mothman Prophecies"

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Back to UFOs and contemporary with the Valentich incident above, in nearby New Zealand was this famous incident at Kaikoura, covered here in Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World, where an Australian news teams went up in a plane in a location where a ufo flap had been taking place and caught the experience on camera for the evening news..

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Two celebrity stories which appear in countless strange but true compilation books and articles, often subtly different from one recounting to the next, but here are the original from the horse's mouth versions by the people involved.

Firstly Alec Guinness' prophetic warning to James Dean

Secondly Telly Savalas, and his inverted phantom hitchhiker experience. A truly amazing story , ruined and made comical sadly by the utterly ridiculous voice employed in the re-enactment. Try your best to ignore it and concentrate on TS's words.

See Also:

Phantom Hitchhikers & Road Ghosts
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/phantom-hitchhikers-road-ghosts.1632/
Telly Savalas waved at me from his office window on the Universal backlot in January '77.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Here's one that will have lodged in many of your memories from years past. The - as far as I know - only TV account of the "Vertical Plane" poltergeist case, wherein a married couple were purportedly corresponding across time on their (pre internet) computer screen with a chap from the 1500s and some controling intelligences from the future.

The format is a little unusual as it's simply dramatised without any explanatory narration, so feels like a dated TV play, but at the end it switches to Richard Wiseman interviewing the real life couple and analysing the language in the messages.