• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Indeed, what the Qanon movement has shown is that ignorance and denial are wonderful things.

Don't worry, mods, I won't reference the news story this refers to, but I was disturbed to see QAnon has arrived in Britain with some force yesterday. Reading more, it appears there is a British QAnon contingent, and it's being empowered. Not here as well! Bloody internet...

I once predicted - possibly on this forum - that the so-called Sovereign Citizen movement would use the Anti-Vax cause as host and incubator. I can see how QAnon (or the Brownshirts of Dumb, as I now think of them) might easily do the same thing.

I once predicted - possibly on this forum - that the so-called Sovereign Citizen movement would use the Anti-Vax cause as host and incubator. I can see how QAnon (or the Brownshirts of Dumb, as I now think of them) might easily do the same thing.

At least there's been an official retraction now, but millions of people have now heard a big QAnon conspiracy who hadn't a few days ago. How many of them now believe it? It's like a virus of thought.

...Brownshirts of Dumb, as I now think of them...
I like that. It's far more charitable than my public characterization, Droolers. What I privately think of them is quite a lot more contemptuous than that. More along the lines of oxygen thieves who have no excuse for such moronic behavior.

I'm not sure what this story demonstrates about QAnon:
- that it attracts people who are bat-shit crazy?
- that it makes its followers bat-shit crazy?
- that its big benefit is supporting an insanity defense when you kill someone?
You decide!
QAnon Believer Kills Wife, Tells Police She Was Actually Joe Biden’s Son Who Had Sex Exchange, Pleads Not Guilty

Trey Burke, a Q-Anon fanatic from Seville Township, Michigan, who was charged with open murder and felony firearms in the Jan. 27, 2021 shooting death of his wife, Jessica Burke, has entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity ...

Burke, 45, shot his wife three times and confessed later the same day, telling investigators during questioning that he had a “neuro-link” implanted in his brain at a hospital in Grand Rapids, according to Gratiot County Prosecutor Keith Kushion.

“He said that other people could read his thoughts,” Kushion said.

Burke told police that he was “getting messages on his tablet device from QAnon members telling him his wife a CIA asset who was involved in a sex trafficking ring and he needed to kill her.”

“He also said that (President) Joe Biden had twins, a daughter and a son, and that the son had a sex change and that’s who his wife was.”

Burke was ordered to undergo a competency examination conducted by state forensic psychologists who found that he was not criminally responsible for his actions at the time of the murder. The result has been accepted by 29th Circuit Court Judge Shannon Schlegel, The Morning Sun reported.
SOURCE: https://dailyboulder.com/qanon-beli...s-son-who-had-sex-exchange-pleads-not-guilty/

Does anyone know where QAnon posts his erm.... postings or whatever it's called?

I've been hearing anecdotes about some QAnon believers suddenly dropping their interest in the subject after developing an interest in K-pop or Wordle, which might indicate something I've long suspected - a lot of people are bored, and the alleged conspiracy fills a vacuum for them. Thinking back, I've realized how many people in my life who were formerly avid consumers of celebrity gossip have taken up this thing instead.
Unfortunately, it has the added addictive quality of making people feel they are part of the story.

Does anyone know where QAnon posts his erm.... postings or whatever it's called?

QAnon "drops" began on 4Chan, moved to 8Chan, and then supposedly moved on to Endchan and / or 8kun in or after 2019.

I don't know whether QAnon drops are still occurring, nor where they surface.

Thanks - 4Chan, 8Chan, etc, I had to look those up. Wow. This was a whole world I was oblivious of.

Q himself stopped posting in December 2020 - no-one knows why. Others have probably stepped in to fill the vacuum & keep the bullshit going. I’m sure if you google you will find stuff if you really want to.

Last edited:
I was more interested in it as a phenomenon. I couldn't care less whether it's true or not and there's no way of knowing whether it's bullshit or not. It all may be true, or it maybe not. To dismiss it as bullshit, based on what? Likewise to claim it's true, based on what?

In the short time I've read about this and 'googled', via the so called deadly dark net about this, what a joke that idea is, that the so called dark net is a place of horrors, I've yet to read any concrete proof either way. I've read loads and loads. Some is convincing, some isn't.

Why can't people just say 'I don't know'? I can.

Edit: changed wording.

Last edited:
You could do a lot worse than go to wiki for an outline.

This is the start:

QAnon[a] (/ˈkjuː.əˌnɒn/) is an American far-right political conspiracy theory and mass political movement. It is centered on false claims made by an anonymous individual or individuals, known as "Q", that a cabal of Satanic,[1][2][3]cannibalistic sexual abusers of children operate a global child sex trafficking ring that conspired against the former U.S. President Donald Trump during his term in office.[2][3][4][5] Some experts have described QAnon as a cult.[6]

Believers in the conspiracy theory say that Trump was planning mass arrests and executions of thousands of cabal members on a day known as "the Storm" or "the Event".[7] QAnon supporters have named Hollywood actors, Democratic politicians, high-ranking government officials, business tycoons and medical experts as members of the cabal.[8]

Look up Pizzagate. I have no doubt in describing these as bullshit - fantasy if you like. Your opinion may differ.

Probably a good time to mention Brandolini’s Law.
Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information:[1] It states that "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it

Other notable thinkers and philosophers have noted similar truths throughout history. In his 1786 Letters on Infidelity, George Horne writes that:

Pertness and ignorance may ask a question in three lines, which it will cost learning and ingenuity thirty pages to answer. When this is done, the same question shall be triumphantly asked again the next year, as if nothing had ever been written upon the subject. And as people in general, for one reason or another, like short objections better than long answers, in this mode of disputation (if it can be styled such) the odds must ever be against us; and we must be content with those for our friends who have honesty and erudition, candor and patience, to study both sides of the question
-wiki.

I was more interested in it as a phenomenon. I couldn't care less whether it's true or not and there's no way of knowing whether it's bullshit or not. It all may be true, or it maybe not. To dismiss it as bullshit, based on what? Likewise to claim it's true, based on what?

In the short time I've read about this and 'googled', via the so called deadly dark net about this, what a joke that idea is, that the so called dark net is a place of horrors, I've yet to read any concrete proof either way. I've read loads and loads. Some is convincing, some isn't.

Why can't people just say 'I don't know'? I can.

Edit: changed wording.
Just to add, all the stuff I’ve read of Qanon beliefs I would describe as fantasy. I don’t follow it closely though. Maybe they have some reasonable/fact-based beliefs & theories as well & I just haven’t seen them. If you find some you can of course post them here.

Despite Q going AWOL,

Belief in QAnon has strengthened in US since Trump was voted out, study finds

From a survey of 19,400 people using random samples of adults in all 50 states, carried out by the Public Religion Research Institute.

Some 22% of Americans believe that a “storm” is coming, 18% think violence might be necessary to save the country and 16% hold that the government, media and financial worlds are controlled by Satan-worshipping pedophiles

“The share of QAnon believers has increased slightly through 2021,” the report by the PRRI states. “In March, 14% of Americans were QAnon believers, compared to 16% in July, 17% in September, and 17% in October.

More at link.

This BBC programme is worth a listen for the origins of Qanon on conspiracy site 4chan & more recent state of play. In 6 parts.

The Coming Storm

This BBC programme is worth a listen for the origins of Qanon on conspiracy site 4chan & more recent state of play. In 6 parts.

The Coming Storm
I’ve got to the end of this - actually in 8 parts not 6. Many people you will have heard of & many you won’t but who played a part.

Episode 8 reveals that a book ‘The Sovereign Individual’ written around 25 years ago by 4 people - 3 Americans, & one William Rees Mogg, father of yes him - has been highly influential in Qanon & cryptocurrency circles amongst others. His daughter Anunciata, sister of yes him, is interviewed & says her father was not at all technically savvy re internet but more of an old school ‘country gentleman’ type.

It apparently predicted a future of these enormously wealthy sovereign individuals being outside & above normal democratic government rules who are free to pursue their wealth-growing activities with minimal interference, moving funds into whichever world location is most advantageous to them. Who would deny we’re some way down this road?..

In a previous episode it emerges that Mark Zuckerberg acceded in a meeting with a group of billionaires & oligarchs some years ago, to their demands that Facebook human moderation be replaced by automated bots. This vastly increased the ease of spread of disinformation/fake news/conspiracy theories in the 2016 US election.

The presenter, Gabriel Gatehouse, wonders at times if he’s falling down the very rabbit holes he’s investigating. He concludes that Qanon conspiracies have been leveraged by various parties for political ends.

The series is worth a listen.

The never ending Satanic Saga.

Georgia's Republican gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor said that she will launch a plan to take on the "Satanic elites," which she previously described as a "Luciferian regime."

Taylor, who is among several Republicans competing for the party's nomination in Georgia's GOP primary to be held on May 24, posted a teaser of what she describes as "Executive Order 10" to her website. On Twitter Sunday, she provided hints about it as well.

"The Satanic Elites have a plan, but so do we. Tomorrow I will be releasing executive order #10. Stay tuned," the Republican gubernatorial hopeful tweeted, and shared a screenshot from the teaser page for the "executive order" on her website. ...

The claims about "Satanic" and "globalist" elites controlling the government aligns with a QAnon conspiracy theory. The bizarre belief contends that a cabal of Satan-worshipping Democrats and Hollywood elites attempt to control the country and the world through sexually abusing and sacrificing children. QAnon adherents believe that Trump is fighting against this Satanic group.

Taylor's remarks about Satanic elites come as GOP Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has also been raising alarms about Satan's alleged influence on society. Greene has drawn controversy over the past week after she claimed in a recent interview that the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan, and that Satan whispers in women's ears to encourage them to get abortions. ...

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-governor-candidate-takes-aim-luciferian-regime-satanic-elites-1702523

Georgia's Republican gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor said that she will launch a plan to take on the "Satanic elites," which she previously described as a "Luciferian regime."

Taylor, who is among several Republicans competing for the party's nomination in Georgia's GOP primary to be held on May 24, posted a teaser of what she describes as "Executive Order 10" to her website. On Twitter Sunday, she provided hints about it as well.

"The Satanic Elites have a plan, but so do we. Tomorrow I will be releasing executive order #10. Stay tuned," the Republican gubernatorial hopeful tweeted, and shared a screenshot from the teaser page for the "executive order" on her website. ...

The claims about "Satanic" and "globalist" elites controlling the government aligns with a QAnon conspiracy theory. The bizarre belief contends that a cabal of Satan-worshipping Democrats and Hollywood elites attempt to control the country and the world through sexually abusing and sacrificing children. QAnon adherents believe that Trump is fighting against this Satanic group.

Taylor's remarks about Satanic elites come as GOP Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has also been raising alarms about Satan's alleged influence on society. Greene has drawn controversy over the past week after she claimed in a recent interview that the Catholic Church is controlled by Satan, and that Satan whispers in women's ears to encourage them to get abortions. ...

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-governor-candidate-takes-aim-luciferian-regime-satanic-elites-1702523
Has anyone done a brain scan on her? To see if she's got one, I mean?

More from the QAnon weirdos.
--------
QAnon leader who claims to be 'Queen of Canada' says Biden has asked her to mediate Russian peace talks
Travis Gettys
May 02, 2022

QAnon influencer Romana Didulo claims President Joe Biden has asked her to mediate talks between the U.S. and Russia over the war in Ukraine.

Didulo, who also claims to be "queen of Canada," says she asked Biden to provide her with her own aircraft to fly to Moscow, or possibly St. Petersburg, for the talks, according to BBC correspondent Shayan Sardarizadeh.

"I address you today as your commander in chief and Queen," Didulo says in a video posted online. "to the Russian and American people, I address you as the mediator between the United States and Russia pertaining to the Ukraine crises. I have been requested by the commander in chief of the United States armed forces to act as the mediator between Russia and the United States."

https://www.rawstory.com/romana-didulo-2657250121/

Think it's safe to say they're the ones more likely to be doing 'Satan's work'. [insert massive eye roll]

More from the QAnon weirdos.
--------
QAnon leader who claims to be 'Queen of Canada' says Biden has asked her to mediate Russian peace talks
Travis Gettys
May 02, 2022

QAnon influencer Romana Didulo claims President Joe Biden has asked her to mediate talks between the U.S. and Russia over the war in Ukraine.

Didulo, who also claims to be "queen of Canada," says she asked Biden to provide her with her own aircraft to fly to Moscow, or possibly St. Petersburg, for the talks, according to BBC correspondent Shayan Sardarizadeh.

"I address you today as your commander in chief and Queen," Didulo says in a video posted online. "to the Russian and American people, I address you as the mediator between the United States and Russia pertaining to the Ukraine crises. I have been requested by the commander in chief of the United States armed forces to act as the mediator between Russia and the United States."

https://www.rawstory.com/romana-didulo-2657250121/

If there's anything particularly remarkable about the QAnon conspiracy, it's how they seem to co opt seemingly anything and everything into their strange worldview. If it were represented by a jigsaw I'm sure it would be very ill fitting and look like it was put together by someone whose brain wasn't working properly.

This for instance. Without getting too political, I thought they hated Democrats, so why on earth would they talk about working with Joe Biden??!

While they don't seem big on consistency, I should think in this case it is Biden simply because she wants to give the impression that she is taken seriously by other heads of state. She wants to add an air of legitimacy, to her royal RV.

While they don't seem big on consistency, I should think in this case it is Biden simply because she wants to give the impression that she is taken seriously by other heads of state. She wants to add an air of legitimacy, to her royal RV.
RV, or Mobile Command Headquarters?

Back