• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Discussion Of Spam & Spammers

Sorry, was between work and home - Stu has nuked him/her.
Yes, Stu was pretty quick off the mark. I gave him a heads up because I didn't know if you'd be available at that time of day.

It was almost a denial of service attack, the posts were coming in at about two a minute!

Yes, Stu was pretty quick off the mark. I gave him a heads up because I didn't know if you'd be available at that time of day.

It was almost a denial of service attack, the posts were coming in at about two a minute!

Do you think they knew I would be unable to respond?
They could be watching... somewhere... out there...

Was that glint of light from a pair of binoculars or just an opening window?

Do you think they knew I would be unable to respond?
They could be watching... somewhere... out there...

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Don't worry about the binoculars. Most of them have Convex object lenses, which only form a tiny, faint virtual image - ie no glint of reflected sunlight.

So it was probably a window opening, so a sniper can get you in his sights! :evil:

All this '+917891556551' spam appears to be coming from Gangakhed, a Parbhani district in Maharashtra state, India.

I was thrown initially by the IDD, I misread +91 India as +917 New York City.

If we continue to have problems, there are ways to sort it.

There's something very odd -and totally unintelligible to me - in chat at the moment! I suspect it's spam.

Is it now gone?

If you suspect the whiff of spam, please report it. The system is not automated, so there's no harm done if you're wrong.

Latest comedy spam:

Airsnore is an anti-snoring mouthpiece that is pretty simple in design.
It offers an alternative to uncomfortable, heavy-duty apparatus that
traditionally come with fancy features such as screws, calibrators and
tongue holders. It is made of thermoplastic material, which is specially
designed to utilize the power of boil and bite technology.
For more information visit...

We are now being spammed by Law Firms.

I derive immense satisfaction from banning a new member thirty seconds after they've completed registration and before they have even given any indication that they're spammers.

Although I know they're mostly bots doing the dirty work, I prefer to imagine a frustrated foreigner thumping the keyboard and yelling in a comical accent "How did they know?"

When the guy was asked by GCHQ if he wanted the spammer shut down he responded with

..Don't beak away my take away..

Sorry about that, the old chocolate jingle just appeared min my mind.

INT21:D

When the guy was asked by GCHQ if he wanted the spammer shut down he responded with

..Don't beak away my take away..

Sorry about that, the old chocolate jingle just appeared min my mind.

INT21:D

"the old chocolate jingle"

Got to be a euphemism for something obscene.

It was the jingle from the 'Breakaway' ad.

'Don't take away my Breakaway'.

INT21

What he probably said was:

I find myself troubled by spam
And they don't even know who I am
As if I would grab
A doner kebab
When I don't even like processed lamb!

Yesterday I mention how Tamil Tigers were slaughtered on the beaches in Sri Lanka. I was swiftly followed by a Beach Holidays Twitter account!

Can anybody tell me why every spammer that bothers to fill in the box claims to be aged either 26 or 27?

Back