• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Is this some weird 21st century version of the legend of the "king sleeping beneath the mountain", some mighty leader who didn't die, but will return at the time of his country's greatest peril: King Arthur, Fionn mac Cumhaill, Charlemagne, et cetera.
I think in this case it’s more like the first time as tragedy the second time as farce

Is this some weird 21st century version of the legend of the "king sleeping beneath the mountain", some mighty leader who didn't die, but will return at the time of his country's greatest peril: King Arthur, Fionn mac Cumhaill, Charlemagne, et cetera.
Ah yes, the classic trope, the once and future king.

I can't find a better place than here. I'm not a Bolton fan, but I think he's right.
And if he's right, then this critiques a lot of QAnon 6/1 revolutionary ideas.
And it's quite ironic too :)

1657715394556.png

The QAnon dis-infosphere has gone bonkers celebrating the death of Queen Elizabeth, whom the Q-believers had characterized as a key villain in their version of recent history.

This news article about the immediate flood of QAnon is put under a spoiler tag for being unsettling in tone and timing above and beyond its long-recognized surrealism.

QAnon Is Losing It Over the Queen’s Death

Despite spending years claiming she’d already been executed, QAnon on Thursday openly celebrated the news of Queen Elizabeth’s death.

“May she burn in hell for eternity,” one QAnon account on Telegram wrote moments after the queen’s death was announced. “So happy! The evil witch is dead,’ another wrote.

For years, the queen has been a central figure in the QAnon conspiracy as part of a cast of elites who followers believe are operating a child sex trafficking ring that traverses the globe. ...

In the hours before her death, some referenced wild QAnon conspiracies about the queen participating in satanic rituals and drinking the blood of children: “They’re preparing the black mass and baby buffet as we sit here,” adding, “I think you’ll find she’s already gone.”

Another echoed the sentiment that the queen has been dead for a while: “She's been dead, they had to find the right time to break the news.”

On the Great Awakening, a QAnon message board, users shared similar conspiracies: “She died several months ago. Remember she went through a transition or whatever. That was the embalming process. CGI and body doubles are in place.”

Others pushed the even more fantastical claim that the queen was merely a computer-generated mirage ...

FULL STORY: https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy7d5k/qanon-queen-elizabeth-ii

Something I don't understand about the QAnon thing is where do these people who quote QAnon get their information from? I've searched many times for the source or website or what ever it is of QAnon both on the net and on the dark web and drawn a blank every time.

I still think they're a bunch of fruit bats though.

Something I don't understand about the QAnon thing is where do these people who quote QAnon get their information from? I've searched many times for the source or website or what ever it is of QAnon both on the net and on the dark web and drawn a blank every time.

You're too polite!

They make it up. As previously said, Q himself seems to have disappeared & no longer posts but others still keep the bullshit going.

If you read the Vice article linked by EG, it says pronouncements are still made on Telegram, Great Awakening & probably other message boards. If you google you will probably find them.

This article, also on Vice, reports The Don as promoting various QAnon accounts just a week ago. I think this was on his own Truth Social site.

In total, Trump boosted 12 different QAnon accounts a total of 18 times during a 60-post spree

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g7y4/trump-qanon-mar-a-lago

They make it up. As previously said, Q himself seems to have disappeared & no longer posts but others still keep the bullshit going.

If you read the Vice article linked by EG, it says pronouncements are still made on Telegram, Great Awakening & probably other message boards. If you google you will probably find them.

This article, also on Vice, reports The Don as promoting various QAnon accounts just a week ago. I think this was on his own Truth Social site.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g7y4/trump-qanon-mar-a-lago
As Anonymous can be anyone, so can Q. I guess.

Didn't know there was an ongoing thread on this here. Something I'd tend to avoid, generally, but it does catch my attention every now and again.
Would anyone say there's an age/generational element to some of the Q stuff?
I'm certain that it might appeal to any age range, but in my own experience (from what I have picked up online) there seems to be a tendency for older people to gravitate down this path. Any thoughts on this?

I have only heard of one individual in real life who became obsessed with this stuff - the ex wife of a good friend. I barely knew her prior to their divorce, though I was surprised to hear she'd gone 'full throttle Q', having previously identified as a fully fledged, alternative leftie who did a great deal of charity work via festivals and with her local council.

Roll on to early 2020: a complete turnabout. She found Q via youtube videos and never came back out. This coincided with her dropping out of most social activities and alienating her adult children. The charity work came to a halt as a growing suspicion of everything crept in. As far as I know, she has dropped contact with all of her previous circle of friends and spends most of her time online, arguing about vaccines, child abusers and Donald Trump.

What a dramatic switch.

I doubt her previous beliefs have much to do with it, although the jump from backing Corbyn to supporting Trump was still a surprise to say the least. Perhaps she was never fully committed to any particular identity after all, or maybe she just needed to feel like an essential part of something and was willing to plant the flag anywhere? It all seems rather scattered and something of a mish mash, to me. It is as if her identity is completely shattered. I sometimes wonder if the pandemic helped to accelerate Q awareness in the UK?

Edited typo.

Last edited:
You bring up many valid points. I once read that there are no substances that are inherently addictive; only personalities prone to addiction. Don't know if I take that as an absolute (but then i don't really trust absolutes in any context), but it seems to apply to a lot of people on the fringes. I've known people who seemed to be into alternative movements mostly for the thrill of being "radical". They seem to be the most likely ones to "switch sides" and cast off their ideals and values as though they were an outfit that's no longer cool. Nearly all such traffic seems, unfortunately, to go in the direction of fear and loathing. I think it has a lot to do with the path of least resistance.

The UFO field is full of conspiracy nuts, of course. It's easy to see why, if one looks at the actual documented history of the US government's manipulations of public perceptions. The nutjob revolution is a direct result of that dishonesty, in my opinion. The book UFOs and Government, edited by Michael Swords, is a very eye opening read for those interested.

None of this does anything to make the Q drivel look any less pathetically idiotic, however. I don't understand how anyone who can carry on a fairly normal existence can get so fucked up as to buy into that garbage.

More Qanonsence

QAnon’s Newest Target Is Huggies Diapers for Some Reason

A conspiracy theory about the diapers racked up millions of views, going viral so quickly that Huggies was forced to publicly denounce it.

The conspiracy theory began last week when a QAnon supporter who uses the screen name “Vincent Kennedy” and has over 265,000 followers, tweeted a picture of a Huggies diaper featuring the character of Simba from “The Lion King.” The picture had circled a number of symbols that feature on the diaper design, alongside the caption: “Once you truly awake you ain’t going back to sleep.”

On fringe QAnon message boards, users took Kimberly-Clark’s denial as proof that the company knew what it was doing all along.

“It makes me sick to see that so many of these pedo companies so blatantly advertise what they support! Boycott them!!” one user on the Great Awakening board wrote.

The conspiracy theory also spread to Reddit, Telegram, and Truth Social, where it has continued to gain traction in recent days.

On Tuesday morning, it crossed the Atlantic, when well-known UK far-right figure Tommy Robinson posted the same picture in his hugely popular Telegram channel with the caption: “Absolute filth.”
etc.

1680183176954.png

Talk about desperate.

And maybe somewhat ironic. Odd that people who see advertised perversion everywhere they look should be the ones putting images of their children's disposable undergarments on their social media feeds. And if not their own children, someone else's. Which isn't really a better look.

It's very highly unlikely the manufacturer of those nappies has anything to do with pedophilia what so ever but surely they must know what those symbols mean in the world of organised pedophiles?

Since I'm not a paedophile - organised or not - all I see is a cartoon-ish sun symbol. Firstly, who is Huggies meant to be 'displaying' to and secondly, who says those 'symbols' have meaning to paedophiles?
I recall seeing similar cartoons on "The Holiday Programme", 1970's TV shows etc.

Since I'm not a paedophile - organised or not - all I see is a cartoon-ish sun symbol. Firstly, who is Huggies meant to be 'displaying' to and secondly, who says those 'symbols' have meaning to paedophiles?
I recall seeing similar cartoons on "The Holiday Programme", 1970's TV shows etc.
The FBI.

edit: I did not say that Huggies was displaying it to anyone. I simply mentioned that surely they must know what those symbols mean to organised pedophile gangs and yes, I know that symbol is used in other places but that wasn't my point.

Last edited:
Maybe we should use the copyright symbol ( © ) as meaningful to "Conspiracists". Known and used all around the world and yet has special meaning ...

No, but after Qanon's claim and the FBI's awareness of said claim, I'm sure that someone from Huggies would have been told about it.
One of the designer's fault, like in the Balenciaga case?

One of the designer's fault, like in the Balenciaga case?
No, it's not their fault of course, just an observation for them to be made aware of perhaps. Difficult to keep these things under wraps- as it were.

Back