• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

The Big Orb Thread

I AM a photographer, and the whole orb 'phenomena' drives me to madness. :evil: When you use poor photography techniques and questionable lighting you can easily get these kinds of artifacts. Most 'orbs' don't show up on professional photos - because we know how to avoid them.
  2. K

Sea Creatures Found In Fresh Water & Vice Versa

Yes, it was a real salt-water shark, can't remember what kind. They figured it was a prank or something. The lake wasn't connected to the sea in any way.
  3. K

Scratching At The Windows

Holy crap! A spider big enough to make a tapping sound in my bedroom wall would scare me far worse than a ghost! :shock:
  4. K

Nightmare time - what terrifies you?

Now that's funny! :lol:
  5. K

Sea Creatures Found In Fresh Water & Vice Versa

I know I read recently (like in the last couple of months) that a small shark was found in a lake in Indiana or something. Can't remeber the source.
  6. K

Medications Affecting Dreams / Dreaming

Not a drug, but once I got some exotic spices for a gift, and after I ate a meal made with lots of the spice I had one of the worst nightmares of my life! :shock: I also had some pretty wigged-out dreams while I was on painkillers for a nasty ear infection.
  7. K

Ghost hunters utilize latest in technology

Not only that, but how could they know what kinds of affects ghosts would even have on the environment (if they did exist outside of people's minds)? I love how they declare 'temperature fluctuations' or 'electromagnetic readings' are sure signs a ghost is around... :roll:
  8. K

Christian Group Wants To 'Redeem' U.S. States

Too true - we are a dumb people sometimes. Sigh...:oops:
  9. K

GodHatesAmerica.com / Westboro Baptist Church

Yep, these cretins are all too real. I have a feeling it'll all end badly, like a Waco/David Korresh fiasco. Saddest of all are the kids of this cult - they are the ones really getting screwed up.
  10. K

Violent videogames lead to brain activity...aggression

Oh no - I just played Halo! Now I have to go commit crimes! :cry:
  11. K

dead neighbour returns

Yes - god forbid people shouldn't accept at face value everything they read on the internet... :roll:
  12. K

Magnetic Cures & Remedies

How many times do we need to have this proven? It wasn't true during Mesmer's day, and it still ain't true. Give the magnets a rest already, people! :roll:
  13. K

PETA Protests

My country is doomed. :cry:
  14. K

Exploding the myth of cultural stereotypes

Whaddya mean Americans are pushy!? Let me tell you something, buddy, we are the un-pushiest country in the world! :x Why I oughta...
  15. K

Jehovah's Witnesses Weirdness

Or maybe they're just religious nuts. :wink:
  16. K

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Don't forget Nick Bakay's Evil Clown Comics! http://www.nickbakay.com/archives/evil_clown/
  17. K

Your Scariest Ghost?

Cute!? Why, that's a ferocious Bumble! He'd gobble you up in a minute! :shock:
  18. K

Your Scariest Ghost?

Ha ha, me too! Scared the crap out of me as a kid. I love him now, tho.
  19. K

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

reflection of a lamp?
  20. K

Folks of faith fail in fellowship, findings fanfare

Of course, consider the 'preacher's daughter' syndrome, where extreme social/sexual suppression merely whets the appetite for forbidden fruit. :wink: Personally, I don't think religion makes a whole lot of impact on morality, either for good or ill. There are plenty of believers out there...
  21. K

GhostStudy.com: What Do You Make Of It?

Ha! I loved that show when I was a kid! :D
  22. K

The Anthrax Thread

:shock: Yikes. Let's hope it's for creating inoculations - it would make more sense. I believe a lot of bad things about the government here in the states, but I can hardly believe they're stockpiling anthrax. Of course, with the transparency level of the Bush administration, who knows...
  23. K

The Teaching Of Creationism

You know, I think I could. :wink: Well, sounds like you've got as bad across the pond as we do. Sigh...
  24. K

The Teaching Of Creationism

Brilliant - my hat is off to you, sir! :D Might I nominate you for the US Congress?
  25. K

Any ideas?

There are a number of other factors involved: 1. I don't know the poster, his mother, etc. How do we know they're all telling the truth? (I'm sure they are, btw - I'm just saying that from our perspective, they're just someone on the internet). People have been known to hoax other people now...
  26. K

Charlie

Wasn't there an old ghost story by JS Lefanu about some demon monkey haunting a priest, trying to make him kill himself? I think it was it called 'Green Tea'.
  27. K

Ready Brek Ghost?

Since I don't know what the object is, I don't even know that they are 'legs'.
  28. K

Rabbit Monster

Re: Easter bunny and Christ Ditto. Back to the rabbits - anyone ever see 'Alice' by Jan Svankmajer? The White Rabbit in that will give you the willies. Brrr... :shock:
  29. K

Artificial Hauntings / Simulated Hauntings

An experimental architecture company is trying to simulate a 'haunted' space for somewhat obscure reasons - LINK.
  30. K

Moon Exploration: Manned Missions & Moon Bases

i'd rather see some other, less obvious country do it - like Belgium, or Argentina. Somebody comes up with a revolutionary new design for space travel and suddenly everyone's up there! :D
  31. K

Ready Brek Ghost?

As a photographer, I see some object photographed with a very slow shutter speed not using a tripod or monopod, which is necessary for night photography unless you're using a flash. There is both motion blur (from the camera), and possibly overexposure as well. Also, the pic in general seems odd...
  32. K

Rabbit Monster

Re: Easter Bunny Well, that's the Xtians for ya - God forbid someone, somewhere, may be enjoying themselves without somehow shoehorning Jesus into the whole thing. Don't even get me started on Christmas... :evil:
  33. K

Your Scariest Ghost?

Dude, you are dark. :shock:
  34. K

The Mermaid Inn

Very cozy-looking - looks like a great place to while away a Sunday afternoon! With a good book of ghost stories, of course.
  35. K

Poltergeist Pint?!?

Well, I didn't mean stinking drunk. You can get the tunnel vision effect long before you're plastered. Besides, for some people 3 pints is a lot to drink! :_pished:
  36. K

Static Electricity: Shocks & Other Effects Therefrom ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 461751.htm
  37. K

Odd Happenings and Strange Feelings in House

Haha, great story! Kind of reminds of 'The Night The Ghost Got In', by James Thurber!
  38. K

Poltergeist Pint?!?

Hmmm...how to put this delicately? Were you drunk? :nonplus: Reason I ask is, you develop tunnel vision as you imbibe, so if you were a little soused you might not have seen (for example) some joker trying to slide your glass off the shelf. Just a thought!
  39. K

The Righteous Warrior Temple

Back to reality: here's one tough hombre - Jack McNiece. US Army Pathfinder and leader of the 'Filthy 13' who survived the most combat jumps of anyone in WWII. Link. Of course, let's not forget WWII tough guys on the other side of the pond - the Red Devils! Link. I'd take those guys...
  40. K

Will We Merge With Machines?

It keeps me hopeful! If I can just last another 15-20 years...
  41. K

Cat Power

For a minute I thought this thread was about Chan Marshall. :D Link
  42. K

The Peers Wood 'Thing'...

So what was the Flatwoods monster, anyway?
  43. K

Fixed it. Marv! That guy could kick anyone's ass, pirate or ninja!
  44. K

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

New bigfoot sighting - this one is a little unusual. :wink: Link.
  45. K

No bigfoot in America?

A thought-form what, now? :?
  46. K

Then there's always this guy:
  47. K

Who's the cat that won't cop out When there's danger all about? Shaft is like a million ninjas! :yeay:
  48. K

Sleep Strangeness

Ok, not to freak you out, but that's where my 'dream' amusement park is - along a boardwalk. :shock: Actually, that's not too terribly surprising. Lots of amusement parks are on piers or board walks, or at least a river or lake. And my amusement park is really a mish-mash of all the parks...
  49. K

Sleep Strangeness

Jeez - just tell me you guys also don't have recurring dreams about a huge amusement park either, with a Haunted House attraction that's a half-submerged steamboat... :shock: Seriously, that's bizarre! Wonder why all the cool stuff is always in the basement?
Back