• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Photobucket is free to use.

When you've put a photo in your photobucket folder and you want to use it the 'link' you need can be cut and pasted from the box labelled URL that is below the picture

If you want to make a picture appear in a post of yours then type [img.] before the link and [/img.] after it.

(without the .fullstops in)

(size = 80 pixels by 80 pixels maximum if it's for an avatar here - you can check size in MS Paint: Image>Attributes)

Ahhh thank you! I thought it was something like that, much appreciated. I'll give it a whirl.

OK - silly question! Avatars 101 - HOW DO I GET AN AVATAR??? I used to have a purple cat licking itself but it seems to have been "put to sleep" by the Big Bosses at FT :cry: . Seriously, is there a list of avatars we can click on and/or instructions on how to upload one of your choice, cos I'm damned if I can find anything helpful. Many thanks!

FrancesFelixe said:
OK - silly question! Avatars 101 - HOW DO I GET AN AVATAR??? I used to have a purple cat licking itself but it seems to have been "put to sleep" by the Big Bosses at FT :cry: . Seriously, is there a list of avatars we can click on and/or instructions on how to upload one of your choice, cos I'm damned if I can find anything helpful. Many thanks!

You can no longer upload avatars to the site but must link to them. However, good news as you already have an avatar it is still tucked away in an obscure part of the Fortiverse and you can retreive it using your user ID. And I found it:

1182.gif

If you still want to use this then just add this link into the box in your profiel where it asks for a link to the avatar:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/image ... s/1182.gif

and its all done (techncially I can probably do it for you if you are unsure).

If you want to use another one see instructions above about getting soemthing liek a Photobucket account to upload the link to. However, if you have any questions about any of that then just holler.

right, what happend was that we can't upload to ft anymore, so what you have to do is either make yourself a picture round about 80 pixels by 80 pixels or save one off the net.

next what you need do is host said picure on the internet somewhere.

in order to do this if you plan to host several pictures open a free account at photobucket.com, if you just want to host one pic quickly and can't be bothered faffing about with opening accounts and all sorts go to http://tinypic.com/ on both sites you can upload your pics by clicking the button marked browse, selecting the file from your pc clicking ok then host picture or upload.

you should now have uploaded the pic and have a pake with links and that on it. copy the link you see under the picture (the normal looking one not any of the ones with funny suff around it) go to the ftmb login fully (clicking to read your pms is the easiest way to do this) then click on profile. click on the newly apeared profile tab then, then the newly appeared avatar tab paste the link to your pic in the box that says link to offsite avatar, then click submit. alternativly you could just go to the avitar page and click the show gallery and click on one of those pics and submit, but thats not as fun as finding or makeing your own.

EDIT: FF, my post has bumped epms's one out of site as it's stateed a new page, but his post is more spesific to your problem and he's found your old avatar, so if you didn't see it go back a page.

oll_lewis said:
in order to do this if you plan to host several pictures open a free account at photobucket.com, if you just want to host one pic quickly and can't be bothered faffing about with opening accounts and all sorts go to http://tinypic.com/ on both sites you can upload your pics by clicking the button marked browse, selecting the file from your pc clicking ok then host picture or upload.

As far as I'm aware you can't use TinyPic as its tiny link misses off the image etension and so won't work here - some people have come a cropper from using this (or similar) service. PhotoBucket still seems the safest bet.

The Mighty Emperor found my cat!!!!! *Bowing low* May a million purrs be bestowed upon you, kind Sir!! Hi, oll - good to see you again!! :p

I don't mind hosting stuff on my Photobucket account for peeps who don't have/don't want to bother getting one of their own; you can send me stuff at leaferne {at} gmail {dot} com.

i make avatars.

do you think i should set up a thread for taking avatar requests from FTers?
would i get many requests?

i log in to FT every couple of days and wouldn't mind making them in my spare time.

Hey fiktishus,

Im sure you would have some takers. I see you have an animated avatar, would it be possible to modify mine, say by making the earth in the background revolve?

Rubyait said:
Hey fiktishus,

Im sure you would have some takers. I see you have an animated avatar, would it be possible to modify mine, say by making the earth in the background revolve?
i can't even SEE your avatar!

fiktishus said:
Rubyait said:
Hey fiktishus,

i can't even SEE your avatar!

Eh! Open your eyes man! Really, thats strange.

:?

:eek:

Can anyone? Hold on i think i know whats happened...

EDIT: Ok how's that?

Cool. I had been messing about with my settings a while ago and must have switched it off. I wonder how long its been off. Oh well its back! :)

:shock:

i can SEE...i can SEE!

okies...earth revolving...i'll see what i can do. ;)

Yeah thats cool, would be even better if the globe revolved a little bit slower but i guess thats just taking the piss! :lol:

Wow! Genius! One day I'm gonna be a geek like you. Can you make mine dance?

Asking too much is a bad habit of mine.

cassandra78 said:
Wow! Genius! One day I'm gonna be a geek like you. Can you make mine dance?

Asking too much is a bad habit of mine.

actually, can you get me a bigger screen capture of that picture?

Back