• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I think what you're after requires behind-the-scenes-type tinkering - if you PM one of us with your new e-mail, we'll see what we can do ;)

Hi

Same question 5 years on - is it still the case of emailing a mod for this?

Cheers

Gordon

oh bollocks! I totally misread the date and thought it said 2003. :oops:

And the optician passed my eyes last week as well, no excuse!

Oh well I guess I have an answer to my question!

Thanks Carlos

Gordon

STOP PRESS: Unidentified low-flying megatar spotted here. Witnesses report narrowing screen width, but effects are said to pass once megatar is out of sight.

By the way, if you are forced to abandon an email address and obtain a new one can you keep the same post count or do you have to revert again to a lowly yeti (or whatever it was)?

I wouldn't have thought so - when I changed Carlos', everything seemed to carry on as before.

I used to have a Location, but now I don't.

Some people still do, however.

But I can't find anywhere in the confusing labyrinth of my Profile that allows me to add or change a location. Have I got two pages stuck together, or what?

(In the process of searching, I found that I'm a Friend of more people than have got me on Ignore - could be worse!)

If you go to Profile > Profile > Your Profile > Personal Informations, then you'll see the box where you can edit your location ;)

WhistlingJack said:
If you go to Profile > Profile > Your Profile > Personal Informations, then you'll see the box where you can edit your location ;)
Ta muchly.

I also entered an occupation - where does that show up? :?

It isn't displayed with your posts/avatar etc. Just sits in your profile.

How come H2onE2 has a big sig, while mine is tiny?

(Life's not fair!)

rynner said:

(Life's not fair!)

It's because he's

H2onE2 said:
... I am intellectually threatening to the controlling elite. Smarter then my social class.

rynner said:

(Life's not fair!)

It's because last time there was an attempt to standardise sigs and avatars, someone decided to make an issue of it... :roll: We did thrash out some new, more equitable, guidelines so I suppose we really should finalise and post them :?

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I decided that I want to change my "custom title" and cannot seem to get rid of the one that is already on my profile. When I go to change it, it only adds the new title to "Magical Feeler." Yes, it is very possible that I could have missed something.

OK - let us know what you want them to say and I'll try from this end. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

No idea why.

Does anyone know why my avatar has disappeared? I've been away for a few weeks and Mae West has deserted me.....

She's eloped with my bellydancing snail. :(

Well, you can't blame the girl. :lol:

Distaff's avatar leads to a 'This Page Can Not Be Found' page, while there doesn't seem to be an avatar link in Escargot's profile.

Hey, I have problems with my avatars. First of all, my avatar was resized because it was too large and I agree that it looked huge once published, strange thing is that I deliberately resized it to 80x60, which is within the "rules" but even though I did resize it, it turned out too large. So that had nothing to do with me. Now I can't seem to have any avatar. I make them small, I make sure they are under 20kb, I have them stored on Photobucket but nothing ever appears. So I'm giving up.
How comes on other sites you just submit a picture [regardless of size] and hey presto it appears in the right size. More to the point: It APPEARS.
Is this site a little "behind" in technology?
I don't want to have to fiddle about so much with my images and actually I don't want to have to store them somewhere else either. I just want to "browse", click and have whatever image I like appear on the forum. Works with others...
:?

Dingo667 said:
Is this site a little "behind" in technology?

Yes.

I haven't a clue why some avatars are visible while others aren't, but if you PM one of us with your Photobucket link, we'll endeavour to sort things out.

Back