Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Found this video on Coast to Coast. Apparently a tip jar in a shop is moving on its own. But you can see from the surveillance video it's moving so slow it may be because of vibrations from traffic in the street outside.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/arti...a-captures-eerie-activity-at-oregon-pot-shop/
That used to happen in the last bar I worked in, I've watched a pint glass slowly slide across the table (other staff pointed it out to me while it was still happening). We decided it was some sort of condensation effect on the polished oak table because the area it was happening in was a good fifty feet away from the road. The wood in the above video that the tip jar is moving on seems to be the same type of 'slippy' wood, I'm more impressed with the second jar also moving on what looks like a different type of wood.

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
That used to happen in the last bar I worked in, I've watched a pint glass slowly slide across the table (other staff pointed it out to me while it was still happening). We decided it was some sort of condensation effect on the polished oak table because the area it was happening in was a good fifty feet away from the road. The wood in the above video that the tip jar is moving on seems to be the same type of 'slippy' wood, I'm more impressed with the second jar also moving on what looks like a different type of wood.
I used to do that as a party trick in one of the bars I worked in. Highly varnished wooden table, a flat bottomed pint glass and a little water. A little puff of air and it slides like a puck on ice.

Yep, I've seen this happen many times on bars, and more recently in my own kitchen. It's probably an example of aquaplaning (or is it hydroplaning')? If no film of liquid was involved in this case then it's something else...

When one of our local pubs added metallic copper-like surfaces to the wooden bars and tables and did away with 'old-fashioned' bar towels and beer mats for mopping up spills the glasses were soon sliding all over the place as if they had minds of their own. I've seen it on stone and wooden surfaces too.