• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I've never seen a ghost-hunting show, or gone on a ghost-hunt. Having lived in a haunted house, and had a few other random run-ins over the years, I don't really see the point.
Maybe - we aren't able to see the point! i.e. A 'Ghost Point! Just like this one
1707434695966.png
:points:

The
I don't understand why ghosthunters think their gadgets can help when nobody knows the nature of ghosts.
The theory is that ghost would be drawn to energy so an EMF metre would potentially pick up on electrical energy that shouldn't be there ... like in the middle of a field, an empty ruin also with no electrical supply also shouldn't show any readings so if you get readings in those types of places, it could be worth considering that it might be paranormal.

Using something like an EMF metre involves it's own problems because there's different types of the device with different polarities, we also have to check that no one has their phone switched on (especially not in flight mode), the batteries are fresh, a base test has been done first by holding a metre next to something that definitely has a current going through it like a standard wall light switch for example.

Investigators also sometimes forget that cold weather drains batteries for devices we use and some are guilty of going "OMG! .. my battery has just drained! .. my camcorder's just stopped working! .. this is evidence of the paranormal!." .. no it's not, it's evidence that your battery has run down quickly in a cold environment.

Tech should never be solely relied on but instead used with other methods to see if everything adds up.

I don't understand why ghosthunters think their gadgets can help when nobody knows the nature of ghosts.
I would guess that there is an element of wanting to pretend to a kind of control over the situation. Standing alone in a dark place with nothing but expectation and a bit of imagination must make people feel exposed (and possibly a bit daft). Having various bits of equipment means that you've got clicky buttons to press and beepy things with lights on as a kind of layer between you and anything that might be out there.

Well the video shows what is claimed but also easy to hoax:

Dad stunned after catching 'ghost arm' reaching into child's cot through baby monitor​

https://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-news/ghost-baby-monitor-sightings-uk-572165-20240210
Looking at the very blurred furry looking blotch, to me, who is familiar with cats, it look like a cat standing on its hind legs up against the crib bars.

Actually looks like a squirrel tail with the large blotch on the bottom, but that I would doubt, but not entirely rule out. But I wonder if they have a pet cat?

If there is a video available, then maybe there might be a better indication of what it could be (an arm) because of any movement. But I don't really know why they would think it is an arm and not have some other ideas - such as mine:)

Looking at the very blurred furry looking blotch, to me, who is familiar with cats, it look like a cat standing on its hind legs up against the crib bars.

Actually looks like a squirrel tail with the large blotch on the bottom, but that I would doubt, but not entirely rule out. But I wonder if they have a pet cat?

If there is a video available, then maybe there might be a better indication of what it could be (an arm) because of any movement. But I don't really know why they would think it is an arm and not have some other ideas - such as mine:)
There was a video in the article. I’m still none the wiser though. It does look like a normal hand in the still.

You’d think with all these shows covering haunted locations with bona fide ghost detection equipment, there’d be some sort of concrete proof after all these years wouldn’t you?
How dare you, they've had personal experiences and as we all know, those are evidence.

</sarcasm>

I don't see why that is a ghost arm, you can see someone walking around in the background.
You see the bedroom door open and the blurry figure walk to the cot to tuck the baby in. Are people really that gullible? Why do people think this is something paranormal?

Even photos such as the Grey Lady Ghost have more possibility. What happened to more interesting photos such as these? Especially since cameras and photography methods have been improved?

You see the bedroom door open and the blurry figure walk to the cot to tuck the baby in. Are people really that gullible? Why do people think this is something paranormal?

Even photos such as the Grey Lady Ghost have more possibility. What happened to more interesting photos such as these? Especially since cameras and photography methods have been improved?
I was just thinking you don’t get the twisty portals any more now there’s no camera strap.

Back