• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Heh, we were watching it on Sky. Great fun! :lol:

I noticed that there's a sequel. Can't be any sillier than the first one. ;)

Watched the new series Most Haunted at Middleton Hall over breakfast this morning. The dramatic bit, quite early on in the library where the chair seemingly moved by itself immediately made me think "fishing line?".

Yvette's act is starting to get rather samey and drag a bit though isn't it? Asking if anyone is there; two knocks for yes and one for no (!), saying "oh wow that's amazing!" when she gets the expected response, but then peeing her pants and shrieking when someone's stomach rumbles or Carl drops a tin on the floor.

Last edited:
"Because Most Haunted is "for entertainment purposes only"? I don't think they even try to fake credibility now."

In all the programmes they have made, have they ever filmed anything genuinely supernatural/inexplicable?

In all the programmes they have made, have they ever filmed anything genuinely supernatural/inexplicable?

There was some sort of strange thing a with a chair (or possibly a bed) that moved imperceptibly slowly over a number of hours. That was quite intriguing. But I don't know how you could trust them that all their stuff isn't faked.

Just watched the 2nd part of the MH at Shrewsbury prison. The trigger object (rectangular box containing a trinket), placed on a white sheet of paper in the hanging room, moved over a period of several hours. The replay was sped up x500 to accentuate the movement. If someone was pulling a near-invisible thread, they would have had to be really patient to emulate that effect.

Saw that, impressive if true.

Obviously useful information would be how many frames a second were recorded by both cameras? Is the floor level, what's underneath and who was underneath?

First of all, I am so, so sorry. Not only have I ripped the piss out of MH on here and in the mag, but also my disdain for the Daily Mail is noted. Here, however, is a Daily Mail link about this particular MH story. Don't judge me. Do judge the footage though. The sequence with the dog towards the end is interesting too.

Click! (I know, I know - I too shall steel myself..)

Paranormal investigators on the TV show Most Haunted claim to have captured a ghost on film for the first time in the programme's history.

Described by host Yvette Fielding as the show's most 'ground-breaking' footage to date, the chilling clip shows what appears to be a male figure walking through a doorway and down a dark corridor at Wentworth House, in South Yorkshire.

The crew was investigating reports of a ghostly presence inside the stable block at the 17th century mansion, following dozens of unexplained sightings, and 'gobsmacked' Fielding says what they found left her 'sobbing'...

I like how the ghost has forgotten his trousers.

I am a bit vague on this as I only saw it as I passed the TV but MH were in some sort
of work house or workers canteen with long heavy wood tables and long bench seats,
the seat they were sitting on suddenly seemed to jump up in the air with enough violence
to make them all near fall off, yet they did not seem to make much of it, I think the location
was in the Stoke area it would have taken quite some force to move it but unless they
mentioned it later they just seemed to ignore it.

Caught up with the last episode today, really wanted to believe it was real but alas, it was just a bit too good! love the ghost hunting dog though!

I can't believe people are still watching this crap. The "ghost" footage is interesting but given past shenanigans with Degsy and accusations of the crew throwing stones about behind the scenes I'd be inclined to believe the "ghost" is faked.
The one from America with that guy with the big guns (arms, not weaponry lol) is also hilarious. Every so often he'll say he feels all faint and has to go outside like a big blouse because he's feeling upset.
ETA - I do actually enjoy watching that American one, it's quite entertaining.

Early seasons of Most Haunted are now on Amazon Prime. I've never watched MH before and the first few that I watched were quite silly. I am just about to watch the one at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. I have a romantic attachment to the idea of theatre ghosts and the idea that Joseph Grimaldi AND Dan Leno are knocking about that theatre makes me very happy. I like to think that Dan Leno has had some epic conversations with Joey about clowning and their comedic careers, maybe even about their sorrows as they both are text book sad clowns. I certainly wouldn't mind getting a kick up the bum from Grimaldi!

Just watched the Camp Eden MH over breakfast.
The first "paranormal" incident - a sound recorded on one of their remote cameras, was described as "voices", but sounded to me like a cat purring. Shortly after, Yvette tells us that the camp has a resident cat.
Some time later, the team were exploring some corridors, when someone gasped "I heard a whine!". This was shortly followed by a distinct "mee-ow".
Apparently, the cat "going crazy" (I.e. meowing or walking around) was a sure sign of ghostly activity, as was the cat "standing stock still and refusing to move". If only the cat had started licking its arse, that would have been conclusive proof I suppose?
So far, so silly.

Just watched the Camp Eden MH over breakfast.
The first "paranormal" incident - a sound recorded on one of their remote cameras, was described as "voices", but sounded to me like a cat purring. Shortly after, Yvette tells us that the camp has a resident cat.
Some time later, the team were exploring some corridors, when someone gasped "I heard a whine!". This was shortly followed by a distinct "mee-ow".
Apparently, the cat "going crazy" (I.e. meowing or walking around) was a sure sign of ghostly activity, as was the cat "standing stock still and refusing to move". If only the cat had started licking its arse, that would have been conclusive proof I suppose?
So far, so silly.
Yvette's pretty active on facebook these days and also has a new youtube channel. Most of her output seems to be videos about her dog being daft and videos about Carl (her husband from the TV show) being daft at the moment.

Yvette's pretty active on facebook these days and also has a new youtube channel. Most of her output seems to be videos about her dog being daft and videos about Carl (her husband from the TV show) being daft at the moment.

She'll make you scream... with laughter!

Now that Yvette's daughter Mary has joined the team (complete with young Yvette style curly perm), I guess she's being groomed to keep the MH flag flying into the next generation.

IMG_0637.JPG

Back