• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

jimv1 said:
Are they still doing orbs?

'Light anomalies' if you please.

And yes they are, mainly I fear because for most 'investigations' that's all that happens....

jimv1 said:
Are they still doing orbs?

Not since the show was "axed" on 21 July, 2010

I believe the production company owned by Yvette and Karl was moving the format to Channel 5 but for whatever reason it fell apart.

Not sure how much money is left these days after 'The Paranormal Channel' went tits up.

What's the matter with me. Even though I know 100% that it's a load of old bilge (and I was really really tired of it by the end) something in me thrills to hear this
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio ... c-claptrap

bring it on

(just as long as that deluded woman who thinks she's a historian / mary queen of scots is not on it - even Derek was more convincing)

Something in the human mind must love ectoplasmic claptrap, that's my only excuse.

I recently met a friend of Yvette's and through her I am discreetly angling for an invitation to one of Yvette and Karl's private psychic events. :D

Might take a while but you never know. ;)

I recently met a friend of Yvette's and through her I am discreetly angling for an invitation to one of Yvette and Karl's private psychic events. Very Happy

Good luck and hope to hear all the juicy details. I too am a fan even though i know it's bollocks.

Still miss the overacting Derek days though.

"THANK you Sam!! THANK you!!" :lol:

The classic Degs line is 'Where's me legs?', uttered just before he toppled backwards while under 'possession', glancing over his shoulder for a safe spot to land. :lol:

Yep, that one was fooking funny. Also loved the pre-ramble before each lights-out where he'd stop and go "D'ya joost heeeer dat??" Calllm down hour kid, callllm down. dey do doh don't dey? 8)

Who can forget the classic line "Don't let um in Sam! Don't the um in!" :lol:

What ever happend to Derek?

Good luck with the private psychic event escargot - just don't put your car keys in a bowl!! :shock:

Degsy is still out there on the live Physic Show circuit coming to a theatre, civic centre or town hall near you.

Saw him a couple of years ago, part stand-up, part-used car salesman, complete con-man.

Derek was working on a high-profile project of his own last year:

TalkTalkMobile
Posted on July 29th, 2013

You’ve heard of tarot cards and crystal balls predicting the future, but how about mobile phone handsets? Many of you will know me as a psychic medium and from Living TV’s Most Haunted, but on Tuesday 6th August I will be at Westfield Shepherd’s Bush finding out how much you can really tell from just looking at someone’s mobile phone.

As a modern day status symbol, your phone can say a thousand words about you, from the kind of lifestyle you lead to the career you have chosen. But can it also reveal what you had for dinner last night or what car you drive? TalkTalk Mobile has invited me down to Westfield London to conducting free phone ‘readings’ from 9am to 6pm.

So for a truly unique chance to find out just how much your phone can say about you, come and join me on the 6th and prepare to be amazed!

When: Tuesday 6th August 9am-6pm
Where: Shepherd’s Bush Westfield shopping centreALK

http://derekacorah.com/blog/

:wow:

I never expected to read that, such utter drivel! I wonder if anyone went along to have their phone "read" :lol:

Don't knock it folks. I was there and, like, these voices like, came out of the ACTUAL phone!! Must have been the spirits of the dead. One of 'em said " Hello, my name is (insert improbable sounding English name here) and i am calling you about your boiler/pet insurance/bank account"

I knew straight away that it was aunt Mabel trying to tell me where she'd hidden all the cash from her armed bank robbery days and to find out if we were still feeding her little old Jack Russel......................

I wonder how much money there is in Twitter and Facebook psychic readings?

gncxx said:
I wonder how much money there is in Twitter and Facebook psychic readings?

Not much.
I'd say it was micropayment territory.

You say that, but think of the pinpoint accuracy!

Here it is!!!
http://really.uktv.co.uk/shows/most-hau ... 9958268001

The screen is kind of squashed, which greatly offends my sense of aesthetics. But apart from that - ahh everything as usual, screaming, dodgy camerawork, etc etc it's like they've never been away. Ah bless. It's kind of nostalgic.

Ah but how easy it would be to set things up in a foolproof fashion, with cameras on everybody and everywhere. All the silliness with moving rolls of tape, you just know it's the last person in the room. And as for the end when Stuart turns up unannounced, that bit was truly poor. Sometimes you could almost believe Yvette doesn't know what's going on.

(I still rather liked it though)

I hoped they'd take a more scientific approach but they went in the exact opposite direction. From the very start they had "ghostly" activity and it continued all the way through. Hardly a minute passed when something wasn't banging or the like.
Utter garbage, so fake it made the earlier incarnation look realistic!

Watched the first episode of the new series. Set at the Galleries of Justice in Nottingham, a place I know quite well.

It is a spooky joint and no mistake. :D

Just got round to watching the latest installment. Had a special resonance with myself as i live maybe 3 miles from Delapre Abbey and have visited the grounds many times.

Nothing new here unfortunately. Just Yvette screaming and conducting pointless Ouija board sessions whilst Karl and Stu throw things about whilst the camera isn't on them.

Would just love a tv show that actually addressed the subject matter in an unbiased way and tried to apply some scientific methods.

Just Yvette screaming and conducting pointless Ouija board sessions whilst Karl and Stu throw things about whilst the camera isn't on them.

You cynical old thing, you. :lol:

Moi? Cynical? I still believe you're a real snail don't i? :lol:

You know it!

And so do your hostas. :twisted:

And so do your hostas

You just leave my Hostas alone Madame. As Yvette says before each board session, "We've said prayers and protected ourselves".....................I have.....................table salt dontchaknow? ;)

I really dislike Yvette, i hate it when she runs from something she has heard or seen and the cameraman follows her, stay behind ya coward. And the best, when she was in the graveyard with Acorah and she heard heavy breathing in her ear, and she screamed, turns out it was a moth, she had all those people around her and she was frightened by a perverted moth. Im sorry, but i did expect a serious show and all it did was aggravate me, more fool me for expecting more eh :p And Acorah looks like a shiftier version of Del Boy, he may even have a three wheeler somewhere, or a capri ;)

Here's a gruesome spoof of 'reality' ghosthunting TV - Grave Encounters

Sort of Most Haunted meets Blair Witch.

A TV crew set out to 'investigate' an abandoned hospital. They don't actually believe in the paranormal and are openly faking things for the cameras.
However, it seems there really are ghosts… :shock:

This is how it SHOULD happen! :D

escargot1 said:
Here's a gruesome spoof of 'reality' ghosthunting TV - Grave Encounters

Sort of Most Haunted meets Blair Witch.

A TV crew set out to 'investigate' an abandoned hospital. They don't actually believe in the paranormal and are openly faking things for the cameras.
However, it seems there really are ghosts… :shock:

This is how it SHOULD happen! :D

You're not doing secret publicity for the makers of Grave Encounters who have a new film out this week are you? :sceptic:

Back