• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Considering a lot of the rubbish that passes for "research" on MH, how much must have Derek pissed off the production crew to sabotage him like that? Is he incredibly difficult to work with?

The best bit of research was Felix confirming a bit of historical information from Derek and then saying something like "none of what he said is written down anywhere" while sitting behind a teetering pile of books. If it wasn't written down, then how did he confirm it?

Working my way through MH and whilst it is mostly silly fun I did find the Clerkenwell episode to be verging on the offensive. Derek seems to be talking about Michael Barrett, a Fenian who was the last man to be publically hanged in Britain, supposedly for his part in the 1867 Fenian attack on Clerkenwell. Michael was not in Clerkenwell and there was evidence provided to the court stating that he was in Scotland at the time of the attack.

Switching from slagging off Jack Sheppard to saying outrageous things about a man who may well have been innocent of the crime for which he was hanged, it was more like a Daily Mail Goes on a Ghost Hunt episode. Anyway, going back in to see if they can be awful about any more dead people whilst "hearing" footsteps and getting scratched by naughty ghosts!

First of all, I am so, so sorry. Not only have I ripped the piss out of MH on here and in the mag, but also my disdain for the Daily Mail is noted. Here, however, is a Daily Mail link about this particular MH story. Don't judge me. Do judge the footage though. The sequence with the dog towards the end is interesting too.

Click! (I know, I know - I too shall steel myself..)

Just read-watched this over breakfast and it is way more impressive than the usual MH stuff.
The ghost (if indeed etc.) is partly translucent as it mounts the stairs.
If faked, then they've gone to a bit more effort than usual with this incident.

Just read-watched this over breakfast and it is way more impressive than the usual MH stuff.
That they've sent this to The Daily Mail is compelling .. visual experts should easily be able to expose this as fake if they have full access to the equipment. Both cameras capturing the same thing as the team have claimed.

We're joking that it's Derek Akorah's ghost and he wants his job back.

Last edited:
Oo! Very creepy looking!
Interesting that it appears to rise from the floor—The figure looks like a negative to me. I'm thinking that maybe a green screen was used, but a matte, which blocks out part of the background, was omitted above the floor level in order to allow the see through effect on the stairway. I don't know enough about the technique to know if that would work or not.
Here's an article which illustrates really well how the green screen and matte are used for special effects in film. (Apologies because the text is hard on the eyes):
https://infocusfilmschool.com/filming-green-screen-guide/
"After the footage is shot, the compositors take over:
  1. The new background is composited (i.e. two images or video streams are layered together) into the shot.
  2. The chroma key singles out the selected colour (usually the green) and digitally removes it by rendering it transparent. This lets the other image to show through.
  3. When used with more sophisticated 3D techniques, this process can add any new element (smoke, fire, rain, etc.) to complex moving shots."

If Degsy was able to send his ghost back to 2017, that implies he had a completely unsuspected range of psychic powers.
I thought this footage was post his death, recent footage ?

Oo! Very creepy looking!
Interesting that it appears to rise from the floor—The figure looks like a negative to me. I'm thinking that maybe a green screen was used, but a matte, which blocks out part of the background, was omitted above the floor level in order to allow the see through effect on the stairway. I don't know enough about the technique to know if that would work or not.
Here's an article which illustrates really well how the green screen and matte are used for special effects in film. (Apologies because the text is hard on the eyes):
https://infocusfilmschool.com/filming-green-screen-guide/
"After the footage is shot, the compositors take over:
  1. The new background is composited (i.e. two images or video streams are layered together) into the shot.
  2. The chroma key singles out the selected colour (usually the green) and digitally removes it by rendering it transparent. This lets the other image to show through.
  3. When used with more sophisticated 3D techniques, this process can add any new element (smoke, fire, rain, etc.) to complex moving shots."
Looks like it was a night vision camera they used plus a normal flashlight

Last edited:
Back