• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Owzabout That Then? The Jimmy Savile Revelations & Aftermath

6Music playing the KLF rarity When Kylie Said to Jason right now... unfortunately they seem to have forgotten the verse about Rolf Harris. He really was everywhere for decades.

Can you tell who it is yet?

He was being discussed as being 'next up' on the conspiracy sites long before the MSM reported on him so I knew back then. He's the one whose arrest was predicted to 'break your heart'.

He still says he's innocent too. It's as if he can't quite believe it himself.

Here's a Rolf classic from yesteryear:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know I shouldn't & I apologise profusely but this comment made me laugh. In mitigation I've had a cold drink or two:

i'd rather be raped by rolf harris than jimmy saville though def sexier

6Music playing the KLF rarity When Kylie Said to Jason right now... unfortunately they seem to have forgotten the verse about Rolf Harris. He really was everywhere for decades.

That's the trouble.

Here's a Rolf classic from yesteryear:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know I shouldn't & I apologise profusely but this comment made me laugh. In mitigation I've had a cold drink or two:
It's always alright to laugh despite of something horrible that's happened so long as we're not laughing because it happened, that's my defence for comedians like Frankie Boyle and Jim Jefferies ..

..so with that paving the way, I picked up one of these mugs from a car boot sale a couple of months back .. £1 .. bargain !

ajimmug.jpg

Reproduction of course, it was going to be a bad taste gag gift for someone I know who doesn't mind sick jokes but the Mrs thought it was hilarious so I had to sell it to her instead :rolleyes: ... I've talked her out of taking it to work, someone's going to get offended, especially as she deals with the public and/or one of her co workers would almost certainly nick it .. so it lives in our kitchen instead.

Last edited:
...Rolf Harris. He really was everywhere for decades.

“Pop star Kate Bush is under pressure to expunge paedophile Rolf Harris from her albums. Fans of the Wuthering Heights singer want her to remove the sex offender’s contribution to three songs from any rereleases.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Rolf-Harris-songs-fans-say-tracks-soiled.html

(For non-Kate fans (are there such things?):

1. Didge on The Dreaming.

2. The spoken role of the painter on the two tracks ‘An Architect’s Dream’ and ‘The Painter’s Link’ from Aerial.

My opinion?

a) Leave the tracks the hell alone.

b) Find something else to grizzle about, offendotrons.

maximus otter

I have a friend who was an intern at the BBC a good few years ago, she told me about a very well-known male radio presenter who would just casually get it out when live on air whenever there was a young, female member of staff in the studio with him.

He didn't do anything with it, and it wasn't at attention - she said it just sort of rested there while he carried on chatting away.

Never found out who it was, annoyingly.

I have a friend who was an intern at the BBC a good few years ago, she told me about a very well-known male radio presenter who would just casually get it out when live on air whenever there was a young, female member of staff in the studio with him.

He didn't do anything with it, and it wasn't at attention - she said it just sort of rested there while he carried on chatting away.

Terry Wogan ? .. he had a whopper so I can imagine him having to 'air' it ..

edit: I don't really think Terry was a wrong un and there's never been any suggestion anywhere that he was .. disclaimer

aterry.jpg

We are not (repeat: not) going to speculate about possible offenders on this thread, be they living or dead.

Warnings will be issued in response to any such posts.

To lighten the mood, a relevant quiz from the time of financial crisis of the late Noughties:

Among the following, who is the odd man out?

Lord Stevenson: FORMER chairman, HBOS

Sir Fred Goodwin: FORMER chief executive, RBS

Andy Hornby: FORMER chief executive, HBOS

Sir Tom McKillop: FORMER chairman, RBS

John McFall MP: FORMER chairman of Treasury Select Committee

Alastair Darling: FORMER Chancellor of the Exchequer

Gordon Brown: FORMER Prime Minister and former Chancellor of the Exchequer

Sir Terry Wogan: Lovely affable Oirish fella and FORMER presenter of Radio 2’s Breakfast Show

Sir Terry: He was the only one with any formal qualification in banking.

maximus otter

It's always alright to laugh despite of something horrible that's happened so long as we're not laughing because it happened, that's my defence for comedians like Frankie Boyle and Jim Jefferies ..

..so with that paving the way, I picked up one of these mugs from a car boot sale a couple of months back .. £1 .. bargain !

View attachment 11133

Reproduction of course, it was going to be a bad taste gag gift for someone I know who doesn't mind sick jokes but the Mrs thought it was hilarious so I had to sell it to her instead :rolleyes: ... I've talked her out of taking it to work, someone's going to get offended, especially as she deals with the public and/or one of her co workers would almost certainly nick it .. so it lives in our kitchen instead.

A few years ago, pre-scandal, I picked up a genuine 'Jim'll Fix It' BNIB soap-on-a-rope at a car boot sale. We joked about it being useful in the shower, y'know, so you don't drop it!

It ended up on display in the bathroom and was eventually put to use. Within the year Savile was dead and I was thinking back to the times when I gave my arse a REALLY good wash...

Silly String would have been useful there.

“Pop star Kate Bush is under pressure to expunge paedophile Rolf Harris from her albums. Fans of the Wuthering Heights singer want her to remove the sex offender’s contribution to three songs from any rereleases.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Rolf-Harris-songs-fans-say-tracks-soiled.html

(For non-Kate fans (are there such things?):

1. Didge on The Dreaming.

2. The spoken role of the painter on the two tracks ‘An Architect’s Dream’ and ‘The Painter’s Link’ from Aerial.

My opinion?

a) Leave the tracks the hell alone.

b) Find something else to grizzle about, offendotrons.

maximus otter
I'm a fan and say, just leave it on. I can understand English fans got a different attitude to this.

Terry Wogan ? .. he had a whopper so I can imagine him having to 'air' it ..

edit: I don't really think Terry was a wrong un and there's never been any suggestion anywhere that he was .. disclaimer

View attachment 11134

I really hated that smarmy patronising git and the picture turned my stomach.

I really hated that smarmy patronising git and the picture turned my stomach.
He was the first (and perhaps the only ever to date) to take the mickey out of the obviously biased Eurovision Song Contest though .. he had that going for him you must admit .. and my Mum liked him for some reason on the radio but then she also liked John Denver so maybe you've got a point?.

The fact that the nob wasn't erect when seen probably means the act was an attempt at humour. While this would be a distasteful and harassing thing to do a woman, flopping the dick out to wind up a male colleague is a prank I can remember seeing men playing on each other. It's a Forces banter thing. Bored soldiers and sailors tend to get naked as often as possible.

For example, in the '70s older postmen would stand around in the 'at ease' position on breaks as per their previous military training. One hand is held, open, in the other behind the back. The joke was to creep up behind a colleague and quietly slip the dick into his hand.

He'd automatically close the hand on the dick and then realise and swear and jump about a yard in the air, and everyone'd laugh like drains.

I saw this done many times, though never to a woman. It wasn't sexual harassment and certainly wasn't homophobic, it was just silly men messing about.

So maybe the announcer was doing something like that. Still sackable. I'd've been tempted to say on air 'Why have you got your penis out?'

He was the first (and perhaps the only ever to date) to take the mickey out of the obviously biased Eurovision Song Contest though .. he had that going for him you must admit .. and my Mum liked him for some reason on the radio but then she also liked John Denver so maybe you've got a point?.

I hated how dumbed-down his programme was. I used to be exposed to it in several jobs and it was mostly baby talk aimed at Daily Mail readers. Wanted to drop-kick people's radios.

The fact that the nob wasn't erect when seen probably means the act was an attempt at humour. While this would be a distasteful and harassing thing to do a woman, flopping the dick out to wind up a male colleague is a prank I can remember seeing men playing on each other. It's a Forces banter thing. Bored soldiers and sailors tend to get naked as often as possible.

For example, in the '70s older postmen would stand around in the 'at ease' position on breaks as per their previous military training. One hand is held, open, in the other behind the back. The joke was to creep up behind a colleague and quietly slip the dick into his hand.

He'd automatically close the hand on the dick and then realise and swear and jump about a yard in the air, and everyone'd laugh like drains.

I saw this done many times, though never to a woman. It wasn't sexual harassment and certainly wasn't homophobic, it was just silly men messing about.

So maybe the announcer was doing something like that. Still sackable. I'd've been tempted to say on air 'Why have you got your penis out?'
I used to work with a chef who'd catch me out by saying "Swifty?" in a serious tone of voice .. I was a manager .. so I'd turn around and he'd be hoola hoop spinning his willy around saying "helicopter! helicopter!" in a squeaky voice :) .. I miss him .. people need to realise that, although he probably broke all sorts of environmental health regulations and more, it was a tension breaker that cheered us up.

I used to work with a chef who'd catch me out by saying "Swifty?" in a serious tone of voice .. I was a manager .. so I'd turn around and he'd be hoola hoop spinning his willy around saying "helicopter! helicopter!" in a squeaky voice :) .. I miss him .. people need to realise that, although he probably broke all sorts of environmental health regulations and more, it was a tension breaker that cheered us up.

Yup, that sort of pranking is funny in its place, which is between silly consenting adult males. It's a special sort of male bonding.

However, girls do it too. A few weeks ago when I walked into work a female colleague was sitting facing me and some blokes, and I jokingly lifted my shirt to flash her my bra. She collapsed with laughter and the men were saying 'What? What?'

It's all in the timing. The joke is to catch them out without being spotted yourself.

Yup, that sort of pranking is funny in its place, which is between silly consenting adult males. It's a special sort of male bonding.

However, girls do it too. A few weeks ago when I walked into work a female colleague was sitting facing me and some blokes, and I jokingly lifted my shirt to flash her my bra. She collapsed with laughter and the men were saying 'What? What?'

It's all in the timing. The joke is to catch them out without being spotted yourself.
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

I saw this done many times, though never to a woman. It wasn't sexual harassment
Wasn't it? Certainly this kind of thing can have a sexual dominance aspect and can be (is not always) a form of bullying. Lots of reports of college students killing themselves after being subjected to too much of this kind of 'banter'.

Wasn't it? Certainly this kind of thing can have a sexual dominance aspect and can be (is not always) a form of bullying. Lots of reports of college students killing themselves after being subjected to too much of this kind of 'banter'.

Anything can be anything if we're going down that road ..

There's also reports of students killing themselves because they didn't get the exam results they were hoping for. Are we going to ban exams?. Or because that song by Coldplay really spoke to them, or because etc etc .. If someone's going to go as far as kill themselves just because they've been flashed, I'd argue those students are a bit unstable already tbh?.

I got the impression that the radio nob was some sort of power thing.

For the record, I've never worked anywhere where anyone has flashed anything either.

I got the impression that the radio nob was some sort of power thing.

For the record, I've never worked anywhere where anyone has flashed anything either.

Yup, I agree that it was more likely to be a power thing if it was done in front of a young woman.

When I've seen this done it was between equals/trusted colleagues. Nobody was being bullied.

Back