• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

I used the same effect for a pop video at college ... I'm not sure what kind of equipment was used to create this video, we would point a camera at a TV screen and get the same warping effect including the wavy lines evident in this video. We'd also get that sudden pulsing zoom towards the camera white blob effect although we were pointing a VHS cassette camera pointed at a TV screen. The effect ( and wavy lines) came out exactly the same. I doubt this is paranormal, I think it's jut visual feedback ..

What it looks like to me Swifty, is a hand thrust toward the monitor/camera. I think, like you, that what we see has been manipulated, maybe postprocessed, to produce the effect that they deliberately set out to achieve.

'Ghost' of hooded monk photographed in remote farmhouse building
Interesting. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ghost-hooded-monk-photographed-remote-6418172
I'm going for a reflection of something big, like a tree, behind the photographer. (The camera is pretty well square with the window.)

The shadows show that the sun is behind the building, meaning that such a tree would be well lit and thus likely to create a noticeable reflection in the window glass.

Why couldn't you haunt the future btw? .. if you're dead and ghosts aren't in fact just bullshit, it's no less weird to suggest they could haunt the future than haunt the past. I mean, the whole notion of someone returning after they've died is absurd to start with so why can't spirits slide around in time if it's true? ...
I think this is what happens in Will Storr's ghost book. One guy he meets owns a haunted house, and at one point he starts walking around his dining table slapping unseen guests - in the assumption that HIS image might be projected back into (or by) the house, years later, in "ghost" form.

Will Storr was suitably bemused.

Heres a website that's full of interesting and peculiar photographs.

http://www.scienceofghosts.com/

spirit-photo-oct-1972.jpg

spirit-photo.jpg

Um, but that's just a photo of someone almost hidden from view behind four other people. What's ghostly about perspective?

There's a comprehensive debunking of the "ghost standing behind the subject of a photo" trend in the latest FT mag. If it looks like someone's standing behind you in a photo, it's because there was someone standing behind you when the photo was taken.

There's a comprehensive debunking of the "ghost standing behind the subject of a photo" trend in the latest FT mag. If it looks like someone's standing behind you in a photo, it's because there was someone standing behind you when the photo was taken.
Fair enough but in the above pic, where's the rest of the suggested person's body, head, arms & shoulders? ... that pic doesn't look shopped.

They're behind a very large man. He's at least a foot taller than everyone else in the pic, so it's not much of a stretch to accept there's someone smaller behind him, and further away from the camera too.

Maybe you should click the link and browse through the images on offer (if you havnt already). If your really interested you`ll find that you can also place such comments there too.

I think I'll just look at the picture on that site. Was interested to hear what people said but some of those comments are very bitchy. And some people are having a go at peoples weight, what the hell has that got to do with ghosts? Also some people don't seem to grasp the different between a fake (deliberately made) and an anomaly in the picture.

I think I'll just look at the picture on that site. Was interested to hear what people said but some of those comments are very bitchy. And some people are having a go at peoples weight, what the hell has that got to do with ghosts? Also some people don't seem to grasp the different between a fake (deliberately made) and an anomaly in the picture.

Yep, there are indeed alot of people or cowards out there who abuse or take advantage of such sites. But Im a firm believer in Karma, so one day it will hit them back with like for like.

Regarding the images, I love things like that and yes - you can often tell when they are fake or suspicious looking. But for every three that are dubious there is always one that strikes you with its uniqueness.

Maybe you should click the link and browse through the images on offer (if you havnt already). If your really interested you`ll find that you can also place such comments there too.

I dunno, I'm a bit disillusioned with ghost photos these days now I know how easy they are to fake and mistake. And this coming from someone whose favourite books as a kid included Photographs of the Unknown! A sad state of affairs.

Nail on head GNC, but I don't think it's helped by posters spamming tabloid ghost pics and the last two pages here reflect a similar "debate" that I was engaged in back in May.

On this board I think most of us enjoy a good anomaly. You can tell the good ones as the provoke debate as people try to figure out what they are seeing. It's like IHTM when we offer our opinions of some strange incident that has occured to a poster.

People get upset when they've posted something that other people reject, particularly if folk start teasing the poster. I get that and will be mindful of that in future.

If I think though that a photo of a ghost is someone dressed in a sheet or a trick of the light that doesn't make me a debunker, a sceptic, or nasty or on the wrong forum. It just means that I can see it isn't a ghost.

I don't get the idea that just because that spirit staring out of a window is in fact a curtain that I've lost the Fortean Moral Highground somehow?

Particularly when the poster takes offense and withdraws from debate then how can we debate a photos authenticity? I mean that sort of goes against the whole point of us being here?

I don't know what to suggest to be honest, I adore ghost pics and have since I was little, but I think this thread has lost it's purpose.

I dunno, I'm a bit disillusioned with ghost photos these days now I know how easy they are to fake and mistake. And this coming from someone whose favourite books as a kid included Photographs of the Unknown! A sad state of affairs.

Relax GNC, take an aspirin and then lay back and forget all about it. Would you like me to make you a Horlicks :D (bless your little cotton socks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back