• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

The Loch Ness Monster

Bloody druids. They get everywhere.
  2. S

The Loch Ness Monster

FT's recent report of the Nessie-is-elephant theory had a sideline about some recent head-neck pics taken by a local campsite owner... anyone know anything about these?
  3. S

The Loch Ness Monster

PeniG - Karl Shuker in In Search of Prehistoric Survivors puts forward the suggestion that the hoaxing of the Surgeon's photo may have been a hoax - maybe you're thinking of that? I'm inclined to agree with you to a certain extent - deathbed confessions are always a little bit suspect if you...
  4. S

Bigfoot - Down's Syndrome Bear?

They stand upright to avoid the pain from the ring punched through their nose that is being yanked upon by their "trainer". They don't do it through comfortable choice.
  5. S

The Loch Ness Monster

Actually, you did. And yes, I had read the original article. My point was that reported Nessie behaviour doesn't seem to describe the behaviour of swimming elephants. I don't buy that valuable circus elephants, even if they were allowed in the water, were ever allowed to swim unsupervised...
  6. S

The Loch Ness Monster

*Squints* I may be wrong, but doesn't that hand-written note on the pic say "elephant squid"? Prophetic, no? Bet Dr Clarke didn't think of that one. :) I tend to agree with Stu, in that this particular explanation seems almost as unlikely as the idea of an actual monster (or elephant...
  7. S

The Loch Ness Monster

And how often did the owners of these touring zoos allow their very valuable trained elephants to go swimming unattended in 23 miles worth of Loch?
  8. S

The Loch Ness Monster

Doc Shiels has a rather - how shall we put it - "fluid" view of reality vs fiction when it comes to the invocation of cryto-beasts. I hardly think he'd use the word "hoax" but there's certainly no reason to accept these pictures, or anything else he produces, as the genuine article. I seem to...
  9. S

Yes Minister , Save Nessie from the Poachers

How about if you hunt one with hounds? And then shoot it?
  10. S

Ally Mcbeal & The Knee Pit Orgasm (NSFW)

Oh, yes! Big fan of that. Kind of like mild auto-erotic asphixiation, or however you spell that. Besides, skin-on-skin, max-contact. Very good. Am I still talking outloud? Why yes I am!
  11. S

Ally Mcbeal & The Knee Pit Orgasm (NSFW)

It most certainly does. :D And the knee pit works for me too. I'm very very ticklish.
  12. S

Swan Attack!

Not the one in Worcester? If so, and if you frequent it, we may will have been in each other's presence.
  13. S

Do Cohabiting Women Synchronise Their Menstruation? ..

In that case, I'm so not the alpha female in our pack. But hey, I'm comfortable with that ^_^
  14. S

Or do they have to have some more emotional or family-type connection? Seeing as it doesn't seem to work for everyone. I'd say I'm quite emotionally tied to the women I seem to be matching pace for pace, but maybe I only know because we're close enough to talk about that kind of thing. If we...
  15. S

I don't get noticably hungrier before, although I do during. I do find I get weird pregnancy-type cravings the week before, for things like gherkins and olives. If anyone else gets that too, I'd like to know I'm normal, because my friends think it's a bit freakish.
  16. S

Ah! Now if this is true, it would explain a fair bit about the current state of my womb.
  17. S

I heave heard it said several times before that, when women spend a lot of time in close proximity to each other, they find their periods tend to sychronise. Basically, I was wondering if anyone could shed anymore light on this phenomenon? Is it actually true, or is it an urban myth? If it is...
  18. S

What Did Your Mum & Dad Tell You?

Um, something is pulling the covers off you gradually while you're trying to ignore it? Occam's Razor. :D I used to have a vertiable OCD about getting up and turning the light back on to check nothing had materialised in any of the Dark corners in my room, but then my mum hit on the...
  19. S

100 Greatest Scary Moments

Speaking of childhood fears, you know what gave me absolute wide-eyed haunted-look day-and-nightmares when I was seven? That Look and Read thing, called Through the Dragon's Eye. featured this deeply horrifyingly scary long-fingernails skull-headed thing called Charn. Launched a lifetime fear...
  20. S

Well, as someone who is scared of everything, including my own shadow, I can definitively say, The Shining - not scary at all. Kind of funny. And Halloween, which everyone witters on about. Not scary. But then human slasher-murder-danger in films doesn't really scare me all that much...
  21. S

Scary? Ha! I thought to myself, I thought, I'm a grown up, I can watch this in a darkened house on my own... can I bollocks! Today, I'm all a-twitch and worry. And it wasn't even that scary, only three or so clips had genuine freakout factor, and they haven't even got to Ghostwatch yet. Of...
  22. S

Utter Panic

That's Kiddie for you :D I live nearby, and its not a very nice place to be, but generally you needn't actually panic until after dark.
  23. S

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

What a lovely story ^_^ I think Douglas Adams called this stoic determination not to look that strange phenomena seems to generate a SEP field - that is, Somebody Else's Problem. Alien spacecraft use it to land incognito in the middle of cricket pitches. :D Maybe dogheaded men are really...
  24. S

on the nature of "natural laws"

That’s because the spiritual isn’t scientific. Most modern scientists are materialists and would question whether such thing as the spiritual even exists outside the human subjective experience. Looking for “why” something works implies that something has an intention and purpose, which...
  25. S

Pre-Pulse Inhibition determines gayness.

Hurrah! I'll wave a placard for that one :D Happily for some of us, though, hot girl on girl action was never illegal, because those enlightened Victorians just didn't believe something so horrible even existed, so they thought there was no reason to outlaw it. Bit like making Father...
  26. S

OK firstly I'd just like to point out I'm not vain enough to actually enjoy being the poster of every other comment on here, and will be going away shortly Snowman, I think there's something to that; it's incorrect IMHO to consider gay and straight to be like two seperate planets - to my...
  27. S

I think that's very likely Jerry :) At least they've stopped trying to look for a cure.
  28. S

gaiety is way worse! I know what you mean though, I always find the word lesbian good for an immature snigger as well. It's very sad. :D
  29. S

A while ago, they were saying you could tell by the earlobes. More recently, we all had our hands spread out around pub tables, checking to see if we had lesbian fingers. :rolleyes: What gets me is that gay people have been saying for years they were born that way, and then all of a sudden...
  30. S

The New World Order?

Are you from the NWO public relations department, doing market research? :D
  31. S

Word Play and Spin

not watered down but still designed to make us emote; terrorism has become simply "terror" :eek:
  32. S

Weird localised warm patch

:p Divine wind yourself, Emps. I've since wondered whether it wasn't something really banal and stupid like me suddenly feeling the heat from my cigarette on my face - but I think I would've figured that out at the time. Besides, it didn't seem to be just on my face, it seemed all over. I...
  33. S

Animal Communicators: How Do They Do That?

Yeah, you'll get one very screwed up horse. Like those poor hamsters in labs who get shocks everytime they eat, right up until they have a nervous breakdown. Arthur, while I don't believe (sorry, Breakfast) that an "animal communictor" can actually have a chat with your horse through the...
  34. S

Animal Communicators: How Do They Do That?

I hear ya, Ruff, our old collie used to open doors and windows, but would she close them behind her?! Bad girl. Breakfast, feel free to tell me it's not of my business, but what exactly did your girlfriend's horse have to say? Not that I don't believe people can communicate with animals on...
  35. S

Weird localised warm patch

I just stepped out into the garden for a fag (in the British sense), and was wandering up and down the path, deep in thought. It's a chilly night, all vapour-breathy and feels like it's going to frost, but I walked into this weird warm patch of air about half way down the path. Very definately...
  36. S

Polio scares in the early '70s?

This might be a stupid question, but why would the sight of a snake in the river start a polio scare? My dad (insanely paranoid about health) wouldn't let my mum take us to public swimming pools in the early 80s, which I'm guessing was for a similar reason, although maybe it was just the...
  37. S

Fat Lesbians

Is my experience that gay men aren't any better looking than straight men, but they do tend to take care of their appearance better, and not take great care nuturing a beer belly and patting it with maternal pride in public like most of my straight male friends do. And re butch lesbians, as...
  38. S

Gayest Countries in the World

Australian men! Come on! Pull yourselves together! :D Of course these results could be ridiculously skewed by what the people questioned felt able to admit to the questioners; for example, if you asked a Nigerian homosexual about their sex-life, they'd see lying as a preferable option...
  39. S

Mothman, Black Dogs, Etc. As Road Ghosts

A more useful mind-reading hallucination would have come and held your shopping for you while you scratched your itchy anus. Or maybe scratched your itchy anus for you while you held your shopping... either way, helpful. Maybe when you re-tell the story in years to come, you can incorperate that.
  40. S

David Blaine: How Does He Do That?

Actually, thinking about it... man goes for 44 days without wanking is quite an impressive feat in itself :D
  41. S

David Blaine: How Does He Do That?

I'm all for any kind of weird, but frankly I applaud the British public for chucking eggs at his arrogant, self-indulgent exhibitionist twaddle instead of standing back and gasping in appropriate awe. Does the man think he's Christ? On the live C4 boxing of him, they had a First Gulf War...
  42. S

Falling Cow

A Midlands couple had a humpback whale fall on their boat recently, which made my drop drop. Suppose a falling cow is the landlocked equivalent. Solution: Never leave your house. Although, you might get badger down the chimney or sommat.
  43. S

Homosexuals Hunting AIDS?

Hang on a minute?! Really? God, no wonder lesbians are all so fecking miserable... :D
  44. S

Homosexuals Hunting AIDS?

or the oft-thought "it'll never happen to me" get out clause. But in general. Arse.
  45. S

Any hidden Occult references in Harry Potter?

Re: Re: Any hidden Occult references in Harry Potter? However harmless the book, happily (or unhappily, depending on your POV) burnings/bannings always have the opposite effect the burners/banners intend by making the book immediately more appealing and prompting the curious to want to read...
  46. S

Can You Feel It?

I know exactly what you mean, especially the mirror thing. You've made me do it right now; I have a grandfather clock in front of me, and I can see my face all shadowy in the glass, and I look scary as feck. What is it about mirrors? That when you're nervous anyway you don't want to look too...
  47. S

Blackouts Were Preparation

As long as they're well-mannered, that's fine by me.
  48. S

Eat What You Want - Pay What You Think It Is Worth

I have a feeling Stephen King did something like this with writing. Didn't he post book chapters on the net for free, with a link where you could pay if you thought it was worth it afterwards? Unsurprisingly, unsuccessful. And possibly a figment of my imagination, or an idea that never got...
  49. S

White Dog Poo?

Flash, does it really make a difference whether your dog is purebred or mongrel in terms of what you feed it? Admittedly, a dog's digestive capabilities may vary from breed to breed (my staffie ate my toothbrush the other day with no ill effects) but surely there's no significant difference in...
Back