• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

'God's banker': the Roberto Calvi case

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 38,00.html Plea to Pope from 'God's banker' revealed as murder trial begins From Richard Owen in Rome Calvi's family has long insisted that he was murdered in 1982. They claim Mafia involvement (SYGMA) ROBERTO CALVI, the Mafia-linked...
  2. M

The Christian Paradox

I found these to be more than a little scarey. I can't vouch for the veracity but somehow they ring true. http://www.reandev.com/taliban/
  3. M

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

But that's just when it starts getting good! All you need now is the spooky, creepy music and the knight in shining armour will come hurtling out of the mist to save us all .... or something <g> So, basically, get your flippin' SOH back and don't gve up on the little ray of hope that is...
  4. M

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

Oh Alexius that's such bad news. I know it's a pain in the arse but it's still the best board around for good and interesting stuff (and I'm sure HC will come back eventually!). Hang in a bit longer.
  5. M

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Think I'll open a thermal underwear shop! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 79,00.html From the Times Britain faces big chill as ocean current slows Jonathan Leake, Science Editor CLIMATE change researchers have detected the first signs of a slowdown in the Gulf Stream —...
  6. M

Fundamentalist swimwear

You wear trousers that come up to your neck Stu?? That I'd like to see <g>
  7. M

People Are Basically Good—Discuss

Please don't take this the wrong way Dana, it's just the obvious question that springs to mind when reading your last post - do you, personally, only do something for somebody else when you feel you will profit from it? Have you never done something for someone just because it needed doing, or...
  8. M

People Are Basically Good—Discuss

Strewth, that's a bit bleak. I'm glad I don't live in your part of the world! I find people basically helpful if you treat them right; if you expect to be cheated/hurt/etc I find that is what tends to happen. I'm not saying all is sweetness and light - and I have been proved wrong in the past...
  9. M

TV Reception

sort of related question. If they are going to do away with analogue and only have digital signals in Wales and the West within the next 3 years - how will car radios work?
  10. M

BVM & Synchronicity

You might be talking about 'your' version of Christianity - the one I understand just loves everybody - no matter what. Yours is the abomination. Sorry mods, I'm just a tad cross but I'll button it now.
  11. M

BVM & Synchronicity

I take great exception to the above statement and if you weren't already leaving I would ask the mods to ban you!
  12. M

Atheism

So what are you if you don't give a flying fig about any of it? I know so many people who have no views about whether there is or isn't a god. Those thoughts just don't occur in their lives. They live, they die, that's it. Where do they fit?
  13. M

Koerperwelten and Von Hagens

I saw it too - absolutely fascinating - managed to keep me awake long past my normal sleep time.
  14. M

Double Hand Transplants

<G> clever.
  15. M

Double Hand Transplants

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 55,00.html I just find this amazing. Five years on, rocket victim finally comes to terms with his new arms From Adam Sage in Paris A FRENCH house painter who became the first person to receive a double arm transplant has spoken for the...
  16. M

Disasters: Where Is Your God?

Not just the christian god who is vengeful apparently. Times January 11, 2005 . 'These nations sinned, lied and were infidels' Tsunami conspiracy theories in the Arab media translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute “If people are remiss in implementing God’s law and...
  17. M

Bizarre Auctions

haunted handbag - any bidders? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 91329&rd=1 Would you pay $80.00 for this?
  18. M

MP's theory over cottage burnings

Yes, thank you Niles. Perhaps the mods could add the word 'welsh' to this list - just for Hugo you understand :D
  19. M

Thank you for explaining. I shan't trouble to ask again. I have other tedious and pretentious nonsense to read.
  20. M

Sorry, I'm obviously extremely thick - I don't understand this reference. Are you now implying that the idea to give local people a chance to buy houses in their own locality is racist? As an aside Hugo, and I'm not asking you to dumb down, but could you please explain what you mean more...
  21. M

There wasn't an opinion piece - and, just because they don't run Calvin and Hobbs Hugo there's no need to raise your blood pressure quite so much.
  22. M

there was an interesting article in the Daily Telegraph today about a house in Dartmouth being sold only to people who have lived and worked in Devon for the past three years. It is priced, by the local council, at a price that local people can afford. If it was allowed to go on the oen market...
  23. M

I think you were doing ok there Coppertop but you'll get landed on like a ton of bricks for having a Scottish not Welsh poet for your sig. I daresay you'll be called a 'traitor' and accused of of being a 'judas' and selling out your own. Prepare the barricades!
  24. M

The Death Of Dr David Kelly

<doh!> sorry, I didn't realise the words worked as a link. This new board is too clever for simple folk like me!
  25. M

The Death Of Dr David Kelly

Where is this account from Jima?
  26. M

Right, so because humanity works that way we should just accept all that 'humanity' does? No chance of a change? No vague possibilty of learning from our mistakes? That's the way its always been done ergo ...? OK then do away with Shakespeare's verse and have it quoted in 'estuary...
  27. M

Although I can see you are playing devil's advocate Hugo and don't really mean what you say, I'm sure that even you must agree that nobody should ever be either bombed or hounded from their homes in anyway. However the underlying problem of young people being unable to afford to continue living...
  28. M

Nursery Rhymes

and, just for added spookiness, did you notice that the link referrred to above was last updated on this very day four years ago!
  29. M

Faith in God is down to your genes

Perhaps there are some people who are more susceptable to 'belief' just as there are those who are more susceptable to other forms of adddiction such as alcohol or drugs? Some people can take it or leave it, other people have to have it to make their lives complete? Me? I'll stick to vodka :D
  30. M

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

Well they couldn't be identified to the board could they. I mean if they were then person concerned would be seen to be talking to themselves wouldn't they. I mean, I know we're supposed to question everything - but answering your own queries? Too odd even for here.
  31. M

Christianity - A Failing Religion?

but then again - do we take 'failing' as a decrease in membership or as 'failure' to live up to its own doctrine?
  32. M

Are we talking about Christianity world-wide or just in the Western world? I think you would get two widely differing numerical answers.
  33. M

From the general tenor of this thread then it would appear that, despite being an evangelical religion, Christianity, if it wants to increase its numbers, would be better off taking a leaf out of Islam's book!
  34. M

Alexius, how does that fact (that islam is not a 'missionary' religion) sit alongside the professed aims of many muslim fundamentalists that they intend to make all the world Islamic - by whatever means? This view has been aired several times on the BBC by (admittedly extremist) muslims living...
  35. M

It is probably difficult to define whether Christianity is a failing religion for precisely those reasons Hugo. I think many people may have taken the basic teachings as their guide in life but eschewed the obvious clap-trap of the organised church and its unquestioning belief in the...
  36. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040816/325/f0emc.html "Fahrenheit 9/11" banned but popular in Kuwait KUWAIT (Reuters) - Pirated copies of the anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" have become a best-seller in Kuwait despite an official ban by the staunch U.S. ally. Vendors of bootleg DVDs say...
  37. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040816/325/f0epg.html Fahrenheit 9/11" distributors spat with army By Bob Tourtellotte LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Just in case anti-Bush documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" needed any more controversy to fuel its hot box office, a new war of words has broken out over...
  38. M

Modern Icelandic Elves!

Mr RING said : "Being clairvoyant can apparently be an eerie experience. "When I walk down the street I can't tell who is alive and who is dead of the people I meet," Erla said. "I must touch them to find out if they are alive. I can meet myself on the highway 20 years ago. I can easily look...
  39. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

Agreed rac - I think Hicks was making a general and very pointed point. Trying to make out that he was using accurate statistical evidence is to forget that he was a satirical comedian and not a number cruncher. Michael Moore really does seem to polarise people. Perhaps his methods are...
  40. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

Didn't somebody not a million miles from this thread do a film about the dangers of the proliferation of gun ownership in the USA. Something about Columbine???
  41. M

Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

Not sure about magic but fairly convinced that the Borrowers exist. How else to explain all the missing stuff?
  42. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

I was planning a 3 week trip to the States next year but having read the above and watched a programme last night about the nasty (feet in shackles and denial of food and water for 24 hours) that can happen to you if you even look at an immigration guard the wrong way I've changed my mind. And...
  43. M

The Fremont People

I'm sure there used to be an 'I love Stu Neville ' thread around here someplace - and if there wasn't there should be! (Guess who I'm voting for <g>)
  44. M

Fahrenheit 9/11

I agree Hugo. Much better to stay in a state of total ignorance about what might be happening in the world than think that some writers might be trying to awaken the masses to what is going on. Its well known that as soon as they put pen paper all writers become twisted, immoral self-seeking...
  45. M

The Face Of God

<--- completely lost the plot now! Goes to look for meaning in the clouds :D
  46. M

Questions About Religion

1: What religion were your parents? Both Church in Wales 2: Were they active participants in this religion? Still are - attend every week, Father is sidesman and regularly read lessons 3: Do you feel you are as active in your religion as your parents were? Not any more. 4: Was your...
  47. M

David Farrant's 'Exploring The Supernatural'

Shouldn't this be on the Good Laugh thread ?? <g>
  48. M

End of the World - >T-24?

Here you are Hugo :) 'House-sized' meteorite hits From news.com.au staff and AAP June 17, 2004 A METEORITE reportedly the size of a house fell on the NSW south coast overnight, exploding in a bright flash, police have said. A driver on the Hume Highway shortly after 9pm (AEST) near...
  49. M

End of the World - >T-24?

Awww shame! I was so looking forward to soon meeting all this message board's unbelievers in the next life! <g>
  50. M

The Thames Resurgent: Sharks, Sea Horses & Other Aquatic Life

That would be a sweet little place in the country with roses round the dooor??
Back