Help With Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I was about to quote something I posted some time ago on the Randomly Encountered Coins thread, on the more recent Odd Or Unique Coins - but I wonder if a merge might be more appropriate.
Well, that turned into a mini-project ...

Of the two threads you recommended for merger ... The former concerns money unexpectedly found, whereas the latter concerns atypical or strange coins. These themes aren't close enough to merge. However ...

Your prior posting you wanted to quote concerned coins that had been repurposed or modified. The post that obviously motivated the desire to quote (someone's odd coin-like object) seems to actually be a repurposed / modified coin. So ...

I've established a new thread into which your prior post and the coin-object posts have been merged:

Modified Or Repurposed Coins
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/modified-or-repurposed-coins.67096/

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
How about a separate section for the coronavirus? It is very important.
We have several threads on it, each with similar titles, and while they are spread out it's difficult to pick out the right one. Especially if you are ill.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
How about a separate section for the coronavirus? It is very important.
We have several threads on it, each with similar titles, and while they are spread out it's difficult to pick out the right one. Especially if you are ill.
Urggrhm...

We'll have to confer and get back to you.

Personally, I can completely see the argument for doing so, but we'll have to decide how much we want to contribute to this becoming the Forteana Strange Phenomena & Coronavirus Message Board.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Urggrhm...

We'll have to confer and get back to you.

Personally, I can completely see the argument for doing so, but we'll have to decide how much we want to contribute to this becoming the Forteana Strange Phenomena & Coronavirus Message Board.
This is what people want and need to discuss with their messageboard friends. Bigfoot and the Greys will get a rest for a while.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
The suggestion for facilitating access to COVID-19 content has been approved and implemented, but not in the manner originally suggested.

The staff consensus was to not re-wicker the forum's basic structure by creating a dedicated section. This is in line with the fact we hadn't gone to such lengths for other major incidents (e.g., 9/11) and in light of the fact monkeying with the forum structure is trickier than one might suspect.

Instead ...

As you should now be seeing, a concise banner notice now appears at the top of each forum webpage, just beneath the header navigation bar.

This notice contains a link to a new dedicated hub / portal page (a post in a reserved thread) which:

- Lists the forum threads dedicated to COVID-19 topics;
- Describes the thematic focus of each such thread; and
- Provides a hot link to any of these threads you wish to access.

This strategy provides even more immediate access to COVID-19 content, insofar as you can access the hub / portal from any page.