• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Attachments

• Clovis_family_s_surveillance_camera_KRQE_News_13.jpg
    Clovis_family_s_surveillance_camera_KRQE_News_13.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 17
Hey, I'm a member of Paranormal soup. I'm not a photography expert but I try really hard to give rational explainations for what I see in photos. My replies are not taken very well most of the time. Oh well...
What happened to Snow Lord ? .. he was always analytical but I remember some people on Paranormal Soup felt he refused to believe in ghosts point blank because he used his knowledge of photography to debunk almost every new picture ..

...I remember some people on Paranormal Soup felt he refused to believe in ghosts point blank because he used his knowledge of photography to debunk almost every new picture ..

Personally, I don't believe that the latter is necessarily an indication that the former is true; you could have the name, address and telephone number of the 200 years gone dead guy bumbling around your basement and still believe virtually every supposed photograph of a ghost you've ever seen is complete and utter bobbins.

What happened to Snow Lord ? .. he was always analytical but I remember some people on Paranormal Soup felt he refused to believe in ghosts point blank because he used his knowledge of photography to debunk almost every new picture ..
Honestly, I have no idea. I wish I had his photographic skill/knowledge because it would come in handy over there. Sadly, many of the people at PS have left due to the way things are being run. I've almost left a few times.

I've seen this before. I guess the photographer did some negative retouching and forgot the hand.

But none of them have got hands and arms around each other (they don't seem the type either) actually thinking about the time period too, it wasn't one of chummy arms around people, it's not very seemly. Googling pictures of the time the only time someone is touching someone else is a family member and generally that's only a limp hand.

The problem I have with this one is that it's clearly been heavily edited at some point. In the first photo the entire back row of women is missing, so who knows what else has been altered? ...

Agreed ...

The 10-person shot has obviously been edited down from the 15-person shot.

I don't even believe the 15-person shot is an un-retouched original.

It appears to me that Miss Hand (the girl with the anomalous hand on her shoulder), or at least her face or topmost portion, has been edited into the photo. She's clearly not staring directly at the camera like the others. The skirt visible over her left shoulder is mysteriously featureless in the immediate vicinity of Miss Hand's head. The two dark lines on that skirt that presumably are the cords / lanyards hanging from the back row rightmost girl's waist truncate beside Miss Hand's head.

My guess is that either (a) Miss Hand's uppermost portion was transplanted from another photo and / or (b) the 15-person shot was itself edited down from an even bigger original in which there was someone to the right of Miss Hand's position.

Last edited:
The problem I have with this one is that it's clearly been heavily edited at some point. In the first photo the entire back row of women is missing, so who knows what else has been altered?
View attachment 6304 View attachment 6305
I think someone on the right of her (seen from our point of view) has been edited out. Except the person's hand.

It's also possible this photo is a collage because not everyone was able to show up for the photosession at once.

Back then, some photo editing was done with a scalpel and an airbrush. I suspect the person who edited this photo didn't have an airbrush or the skills, and it was technically too difficult for them to remove. That, or they didn't spot it.

It would be interesting to know the story behind the editing on a seemingly pretty innocent looking photo. Death of the "edited" girl perhaps?

It would be interesting to know the story behind the editing on a seemingly pretty innocent looking photo. Death of the "edited" girl perhaps?

And why she had her arm around someone when everyone else is being very Victorian and keeping their hands to themselves.

The more I look at it, I'm not sure it is a hand the thumb looks very white if it is. But if not what else?

And why she had her arm around someone when everyone else is being very Victorian and keeping their hands to themselves.

The more I look at it, I'm not sure it is a hand the thumb looks very white if it is. But if not what else?
Or perhaps a bloke's hand and perhaps thought to be too unseemly? Does look more like a man's thumb, but we'll obviously never know. Fun speculating though.

Or perhaps a bloke's hand and perhaps thought to be too unseemly? Does look more like a man's thumb, but we'll obviously never know. Fun speculating though.

Not all women's thumbs are dainty - look at Megan Fox's thumbs. The flaw in her beauty!

The other thing that strikes me about both photos is that the image of the girl on the left on the third row back looks very "flat" , as though she has been photo shopped in as well. Could just be the poor condition of the print though.

The Mrs has just found this old pic of Cromer church, no doubt the two transparent figures are a result of a slow camera speed but it's an atmospheric shot, sadly we can't find any details about the date of this pic, it looks pre WW2 to me because the end of the church was bombed during the war and later rebuilt differently so it now has stained glass windows ..

church ghosts.jpg

Why not have a word with the vicar? Might shed some light on it.
That's worth a go although we get through a lot of vicars ... the last one looked like Vin Diesel and was also a surfer so some of the local girls fancied him .. I could always also print it off and pop into the local museum ..

The Mrs has just found this old pic of Cromer church, no doubt the two transparent figures are a result of a slow camera speed but it's an atmospheric shot, sadly we can't find any details about the date of this pic, it looks pre WW2 to me because the end of the church was bombed during the war and later rebuilt differently so it now has stained glass windows ..

View attachment 6409
That was from around 1884-1886 when it was rebuilt after it was hit by lightning.

Back