• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Not really. Imagine how many shits you”ll be doing in an eternal afterlife but having to find the loo roll for it.
Well it's forever so... [pulls out calculator, punches in some numbers]... that's a lot of shits.

Last edited:
Not really. Imagine how many shits you”ll be doing in an eternal afterlife but having to find the loo roll for it.

No problem, get a portable bidet.:twothumbs: deals with even those sticky sliders..:eek:

I want to believe it's a ghost. More probably that it's someone who want to take its own life. Or perhaps it's the ghost of someone who took its own life once. A normal person crossing the road would have seen the cars head lights from long distance.

The murky / misty / ephemeral mass seems to be centered above an object lying in the road - the object to which the red arrow points in this frame image:

RoadGhost-A.jpg

That object isn't a lane or side marking of the road itself. It's in the middle of the lane in which the vehicle is traveling. If you step through frame-by-frame you'll see this linear object isn't aligned with any of the road markings.

I think it's most probably something lying on the road.

If you continue "forward" frame-by-frame you'll see the grey mass above largely, but not completely, obscures this linear object as the vehicle passes by. The grey mass is therefore translucent. There are two bottom-most edges to the grey mass - one to either side and paralleling this linear object's long axis.

It appears to me that the grey mass is mist or smoke associated with (rising from?) the linear object.

Another thing bothers me. If you back up to 0:11 and then step forward frame-by-frame you'll see that the driver starts to steer rightward in the very same frame as the grey mass becomes first - and very dimly - vislble.

Nobody can react to first sight of so vague and dim an image that quickly.

Coincidentally there appears to be a rightward turn-off / exit the driver passes by at exactly the moment the grey mass first becomes visible and the vehicle noticeably starts steering to the right.

It appears to me the driver's evasive move occurs too quickly to be a reaction to the grey mass ahead, but could be reasonable for responding to recognition that (e.g.) the exit being passed (and having already been visible for a few seconds ... ) is one he / she should have taken.

Finally ... The headlights' range of illumination directly out front seems unusually sharply delimited, and it "shrinks" back toward the vehicle at precisely the same frame the grey mass becomes visible and the vehicle is already starting to veer rightward. This compression of forward illumination might be explained by stabbing the brakes and causing the vehicle to "dive" (duck the front end lower).

However, this would also mean the driver magically hit the brakes and starting veering at the exact moment the grey mass first became visible.

Nobody's that fast.

I want to believe it's a ghost. More probably that it's someone who want to take its own life. Or perhaps it's the ghost of someone who took its own life once. A normal person crossing the road would have seen the cars head lights from long distance.

People standing before oncoming traffic or running into traffic is a common way people use to try and kill themselves - as is lying in the road. The driver spotted the person before they became visible on the dashcam.

I thought it looked like someone jumping up from a prone position. Agreed it all takes place way to fast. I'm guessing a parkour person could make the jump from prone.

Last edited:
I had the same thought about jumping from prone. Perhaps the apparent object on the floor was something he dropped and stooped to pick up before realising a car was coming.
A car I have has a night vision camera and throws up all sorts of weird imaging to the point I don't use it anymore.

It might just be my own take, but I see a pair of legs in the distance, which then - oddly - seem to disappear for a moment until the larger shape comes into view. When freezing the video at this point I do see something recognisable as a human figure running to the left.

The impression I get - and it is really just an impression - is of someone stepping into the path of the vehicle, freezing as they become aware of the car approaching, and then legging it when it's almost too late.

I don't think that the walk/freeze/run sequence is unusual in the face of hazard.

It might just be my own take, but I see a pair of legs in the distance, which then - oddly - seem to disappear for a moment until the larger shape comes into view. When freezing the video at this point I do see something recognisable as a human figure running to the left.
The impression I get - and it is really just an impression - is of someone stepping into the path of the vehicle, freezing as they become aware of the car approaching, and then legging it when it's almost too late.
I don't think that the walk/freeze/run sequence is unusual in the face of hazard.

I see what you're saying, and I tried to read a similar interpretation into the video evidence, but ... If there really was a person on the road as you describe it strongly suggests:

the camera is so prone to preserving transient visual artifacts the video can't be trusted
OR
the time stamping is spurious
OR
the imagery has been doctored / manipulated.

I see what you're saying, and I tried to read a similar interpretation into the video evidence, but ... If there really was a person on the road as you describe it strongly suggests:

the camera is so prone to preserving transient visual artifacts the video can't be trusted
OR
the time stamping is spurious
OR
the imagery has been doctored / manipulated.

Absolutely. As I said, my interpretation isn't really even an interpretation - rather than an impression gathered from vaguely perceived individual events. I wouldn't put money on it.

One thing that strikes me - and sends a slight shiver down my spine - are the number of alleged road ghost encounters where the entity appears to be deliberately interacting with the approaching vehicle in a way that is almost like a paranormal version of counting coup. And this kind of reminds me of that.

The actual location was apparently Jhansi, in Uttar Pradesh. The police later stated the seemingly haunted exercise equipment action was fake.
Fitness freak ghost? Jhansi Police reveal truth behind viral video of moving gym equipment in empty park

Top UP Police personnel Rahul Srivastav said the real ghost was "some mischievous person" who made the video. "Miscreants will be locked up in a ‘haunted’ lockup soon #NoHostForGhost," he added.

The latest video going viral shows gym equipment moving eerily in an empty park. The spooky video has quickly gone viral on social media, forcing the police to intervene and assure people it is, in fact, fake.

Multiple accounts sharing the clip online claimed it was taken in different places. Some users mentioned it was from Japanese Park in Delhi’s Rohini, while other claimed they saw the freaky activity in Kanshiram Park in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.

Finally, the Jhansi Police went to inspect the equipment and noted that, indeed, it kept moving despite no one using it. A video of the equipment moving while the police were inspecting it has also got everyone talking online.

However, the police found out, it wasn’t moving because of a “fitness enthusiast ghost”, but excess grease on the swing, which makes it shake involuntarily for several minutes. ...

SOURCE: https://indianexpress.com/article/t...ansi-police-swing-moving-in-open-gym-6456714/

I'm curious how excess grease would make it move?

I was wondering about that myself ...

I've seen two videos of the apparatus moving. In both videos the apparatus is moving when the recording begins, and it slows down as the video progresses. As a result, I'm not sure the apparatus was moving on its own.

I was wondering about that myself ...

I've seen two videos of the apparatus moving. In both videos the apparatus is moving when the recording begins, and it slows down as the video progresses. As a result, I'm not sure the apparatus was moving on its own.

I was wondering if the area was prone to vibration, heavy plant area, traffic, mining, or something. It obviously has been "set off" by someone or something and then just runs out of steam.

Haunted exercise equipment in a park in an Indian town? Policemen are standing next to it wondering what they are watching.

Viral video shows 'haunted' exercise equipment
The invisible man has to find somewhere to work out.

It's definitely odd. I might suggest a localised earthquake, but the policemen don't seem to be registering anything like that. Also, the other fitness equipment isn't moving.

The invisible man has to find somewhere to work out.

It's definitely odd. I might suggest a localised earthquake, but the policemen don't seem to be registering anything like that. Also, the other fitness equipment isn't moving.

I'm thinking it's a hoax because I have come across a few of these videos lately, in different locations, with the exact same equipment moving the exact same way and claiming it to be ghosts/spirits working out.

I'm thinking it's a hoax because I have come across a few of these videos lately, in different locations, with the exact same equipment moving the exact same way and claiming it to be ghosts/spirits working out.
If its a hoax then I wish there was a law against them as you get your hopes up over some footage or photo just find it was actually made for local business advertising a product or something.

My Indian is not that good so don't understand what he is saying.

It looks like a nice black cat on a couch and the owner doesn't show any shock when she enters the room - unless she's claiming she didn't notice it until she looked at the photos. Why did she look at the photos, which must be a security camera that's there all the time, usually you look at this stuff only if there is an incident, I have one outside my house. Why is there a camera anyway?

It looks like a nice black cat on a couch and the owner doesn't show any shock when she enters the room - unless she's claiming she didn't notice it until she looked at the photos. Why did she look at the photos, which must be a security camera that's there all the time, usually you look at this stuff only if there is an incident, I have one outside my house. Why is there a camera anyway?

The cat materializes in the clip. It also doesn't react when she walks in and carries on not moving during the clip. Living with black cats produces a lot of black cat-like paradelia. Clothes, bags, etc can morph into black cat shapes. However, this was picked up by the camera. The ears look wrong to me.

The interesting thing is how the materializes though.

The cat materializes in the clip. It also doesn't react when she walks in and carries on not moving during the clip. Living with black cats produces a lot of black cat-like paradelia. Clothes, bags, etc can morph into black cat shapes. However, this was picked up by the camera. The ears look wrong to me.

The interesting thing is how the materializes though.
My experience is that security cameras are not the most sophisticated - but is it possible to tinker with their images?

Well in the first picture, the main light is not on. And there is only the hint of the 'cat'.
Then the light goes on and the 'cat' appears.

So it must be something to do with the wavelengths being reflected by whatever the 'cat' is, and whatever wavelengths of light are in the natural light, and then whatever are in the artificial light. The artificial light will have a restricted selection of wavelengths compared to the full spectrum of the sunlight. So the cat will reflect differently. And the camera is at the same time adjusting to the new light levels as well.

It's not a fully formed idea but I think there might be something in it.

Back