• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Well, it's a variation on "I took the photo seeing no one in the picture. It was only until I got back home and reviewed the photos that I saw ..." trope.
It's amazing how many people 'just happen' to take a photo of an uninteresting spot, completely randomly, honest ...
And, even madder, it was at night! Who thinks 'I'll just take a random photo of a random location in the dark to remind me nostagically of this wonderful journey....'?

I struggle to take photos of things that interest me, such as a frozen spider-web on our kitchen windows or our pets acting like idiots. This is with my cameraphone.
I have a decent - if amateur-use - digital camera but I don't carry that around. I think it'd be a 'task' for me to sort out all the settings even on that.

It is weird the way these things happen in waves. Likes fads if you will. People got tired of seeing these so called ghost hunting experts running from ghosts. Now it's "Oh, I didn't see it or hear anything until I did a playback at home." There is also another fad taking rise of people being seen in a window but when the person runs to see them on the other side of the glass, there is nothing there.

It is weird the way these things happen in waves. Likes fads if you will. People got tired of seeing these so called ghost hunting experts running from ghosts. Now it's "Oh, I didn't see it or hear anything until I did a playback at home." There is also another fad taking rise of people being seen in a window but when the person runs to see them on the other side of the glass, there is nothing there.

I love that they have to clarify "what you are about to see is real".:clap:

'the fact that their dog was completely unfazed by the encounter...' which indicates to them that this was a ghost of a family member, not the Occam's Razor of this being an artifact of the camera/filming equipment and not, actually, there at all.

My dog is my 'weirdshitometer'. Anything that happens even slightly out of the ordinary and it's a barkfest. You can bet that if the ghost of anyone, even someone she's known all her life, shows up, she's going to be letting the neighbourhood know, and I think that would be true of most dogs.

Good morning catseye how’s the haunted pub going any updates.
Not as yet. They are very busy sorting the place out. I will ask, but I don't want to make them feel that I'm badgering or perfectly ordinary and explicable things might get talked up into being paranormal happenings accidentally.

I reckon this must have been posted upthread cuz it's 8 years old, but no matter. It'll be timely for some new posters to give us their views on what we have here.
To me I see something happening to the video grain of the area of activity, which suggests tampering. Pretty cool nonetheless. Perfect setting and atmosphere. The vibe of the location prompts animistic engagement with the place.

I reckon this must have been posted upthread cuz it's 8 years old, but no matter. It'll be timely for some new posters to give us their views on what we have here.
To me I see something happening to the video grain of the area of activity, which suggests tampering. Pretty cool nonetheless. Perfect setting and atmosphere. The vibe of the location prompts animistic engagement with the place.
I suspect CGI… the ‘thing’ is even more blurry than the trees & the video curiously sharpens right up at the end.

Lovely setting & river sound though.

It is interesting that the "movement" seems much slower in relation to the rushing water. The colour also seems off compared to the whole area - greens, greys, white of the water compared to the small area that suddenly has an umber tone to it. No other portion of the video has this type of brown. If it were not tampered with, maybe a water spot that was not noticed on the camera when filming.

Thats like Background stuff I like having on in all seasons just before I go to bed with a large glass of red be Hallowen, Snow or in a cabin in a storm.

Seeing a ghost in window is not too uncommon.

Many years ago a friend of my wife showed us a picture of a ghost in a window photo she took.

This friend was not into the paranormal and claimed she was totally shocked to see the ghost image in her photo.

We were shown a 'ghost photo' at the Weird Weekend. It purported to be of the apparition of a woman standing in front of a bridge.

Some astute observer tracked down the image to a photocollage featuring a bride from the Philippines. It seems to have been inserted via a phone ghost-creating app.
I'm convinced: Shutterstock for example claims to have thousands of royalty-free licensable photos of ghost brides.

Wish I could find both the pictures.

I am actually quite deeply suspicious of most 'ghost photographs'.

Whenever I've seen anything unexplained, it has been a quick 'flick of the eye', something there and gone almost before there's chance to register it, or it's been in a situation where I don't have a camera to hand - going down the stairs, walking along a road. I think that's why my brain always goes to 'so it was around for long enough for you to get your camera out and take a picture?' or even 'why the hell would you be taking a picture of that, just casually and for no reason and, oh, look, there's a ghost on it?'

This is why the most convincing ones to me are the pictures that are of genuine other things, with an unexpected 'something' in the picture. But I never believe the 'there was nothing/no one else there when I took the picture!' - see my posts about unexpected underpants.

With the development and widespread availability of digital photography and photoshop, the adage "the camera never lies" has long been dead.
Sadly, we hit a paradox: if we take a photo of what we think is a ghost, then it's either a good, clear one or a blurry, poor image. If it's a poor image then the photo is criticised on it's interpretation; if it's good then it's criticised on being 'too' good. The evidence is destroyed, even though the actual subject of the photo might warrant discussion.

Back