• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
This one too:

"Bangladeshi Man​

Location: E14 (Greater London) - Private residence, Aberfeldy Village
Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: 2014-2015
Further Comments: A person living in this residence reported spotting the presence of an older Bangladeshi man who vanished on the staircase. Cold spots could be felt in the same location by multiple witnesses."

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/recent/index.php

Quite like this one:

"Mrs Seymour​

Date / Time: Twenty-first century
Further Comments: Named by residents, this ghostly older woman has been observed walking up the driveway before disappearing, and also cross the landing. A disembodied voice could be heard calling 'Hello?' when the building stood empty."

That one is quite sad. Kinda reminiscent of the ending of the excellent Australian ghost movie Lake Mungo.

I don't know who runs the UK paranormal database but they are doing a fine job. Some new cases have been added:

Green Lady​

Date / Time: 1984, summer, 02:30h
Further Comments: At least four army cadets returning to their HQ observed a green lady wearing an old fashioned dress and cardigan. Although her legs could not be seen, it looked as if the figure floated while crossing the fields and heading towards the church.

Hunched Man​

Date / Time: December 2022
Further Comments: A babysitter in this home spotted a hunched man, around seventy years old, watching him across the room. The babysitter assumed the man had broken in and chased him through the hallway; the man vanished as he reached the locked door. A search of the house revealed nothing, and a video surveillance camera showed nothing out of the ordinary.

More at:

I spoke to someone I see now and again at work and she said that she has seen the ghost of a man in her house more than once. He was a short middle aged man dressed in shorts and a vest or running singlet. She was in a rush so I couldn't ask too many questions but the house was built in the 60s and she and her family are only the second occupants. I am longing to catch her again with a bit more time to elaborate!

It's a really strange phenomenon, this, and the kind of thing that certainly isn't exclusive to me. A number of times, I've experienced a 'flash', a very sudden moment of insight: I've 'seen' a young woman sat at the bottom of the stairs...but this isn't a ghost (nobody's died in this newish house, and her clothing is modern anyway). It's regular enough to make me believe that this isn't something I could put down to, say, sleepiness.

(I should add that I've never had any reason to believe that I'm psychic)

Last edited:
Interesting account on today's Quora, that underlines the belief that very young children are more susceptible to seeing ghosts:

"When my son was 2 years old I had taken him in the middle of the night to the toilet. On the way back to his bedroom and before I switched off the lights, he stopped and appeared to be looking at something towards the ceiling in the living room. I looked up and saw nothing. I asked him what he was looking at and his exact words were “the man”, “see the man there mummy?”…I replied no. He then went on to describe him as tall with no hair, a hat and wearing a very looong black coat. I never gave it much thought as he would mention what I believed to be an imaginary friend a number of times. Fast forward 4 years later I had my second child (a girl) who at the time had just turned 2 years old and was quietly playing nearby the living area. Suddenly she goes very quiet and so I pop my head around to see what she is up to. I find her looking up towards the ceiling, just staring at what I could see as nothing. I ask her, “what are you looking at”?…While pointing at the ceiling she says “the man mummy”, at that point I recall my son saying the same thing at the exact same age. I ask her what does he look like? Her reply was no hair, a hat and a looong black coat. I couldn’t believe it. It was the exact description my son gave me when he was 2 years old. I told my husband about this and he tells me that his grandfather died of a heart attack when he was 2 years old. The last thing his grandfather did before he had a sudden heart attack was kiss him on the head. He was a farmer and so he always wore this very long black coat and a hat and lost his hair at a young age. My children are teenagers now and neither of them remember any of it."

OK, this one from today is a bit closer to home.
My wife, who retired early a couple of years ago to help with baby-sitting our grandchildren, spent the day at our son and daughter-in-law's place to help out with a little decorating and cleaning. It's a detached bungalow, at least a 100 years old and required a fair bit of renovation.
We've just had our dinner tonight here at home tonight and, over a glass of wine, my wife said "I'm going to tell you something that sounds really weird". She had been taking a break in the dining room of the bungalow, and saw, in the corner of her eye, what she described as a tall man dressed in blue who moved quickly from one side of the room out into the corridor. She went to see who it was, but there was no-one there. She didn't say anything to our son or DiL for fear of upsetting them about their new home.
Members of this forum may recall me posting another strange experience my wife had, when working as a housekeeper for Premier Inn - a vision of strange, nebulous wavy lines in the corridor after leaving a room which other staff used to refer to as the haunted room.
I did tell her that maybe she is sensitive to seeing ghosts.

Last edited:
Techy and I visited relations of mine yesterday. They rent an extension built onto an old farmhouse. By 'old' I mean going back to at least the 16th century, as will become clear.

The extension, known to the owners as the Annexe, has a sympathetic design with wooden beams.

We did of course ask about ghosts and have a listen for spooky noises. As you do.

Seems that while the Annexe is disappointingly un-haunted, the main house is highly active. It has a 'priest hole' with a trapdoor upstairs in a bedroom.

This bedroom is where most of the activity takes place. Relation told us that the owner has, for example, been physically dragged out of bed and dumped on the floor. Brought to mind a film scene, as if it were made up for fun, but it sounds genuine as Relation says the owner doesn't like talking about it and wouldn't appreciate Relation telling anyone else.

I had the impression that opening the priest hole trapdoor sets off the activity and that nobody would dare to climb in there and try it out.
Relation and I both stated that we'd most certainly do that at the drop of a hat. :nods:

Hoping to see Relation again soon and beat coax more details out of him.

This bedroom is where most of the activity takes place. Relation told us that the owner has, for example, been physically dragged out of bed and dumped on the floor. Brought to mind a film scene, as if it were made up for fun, but it sounds genuine as Relation says the owner doesn't like talking about it and wouldn't appreciate Relation telling anyone else.
Hmmm… I’m raising an eyebrow - that would be a first wouldn't it? - dragged out of bed & dumped on the floor by a ghost..

Telling what I heard!
Fair enough - it just surprises me what some are prepared to believe.

Not that I’m great on my ghost knowledge but I’ve never heard of one doing this before. It may be a world first.

Not that I’m great on my ghost knowledge but I’ve never heard of one doing this before. It may be a world first.
Like I said, I'm just sharing what I heard. If Relation had shut Owner down with 'Nah, I don't believe you!' or I'd done that to Relation there would be nothing to report.

You need to read more! The Belfast polt case had people being dragged about, and I've read other similar accounts.

You need to read more! The Belfast polt case had people being dragged about, and I've read other similar accounts.
I presume you’re talking about this

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-beechmount-poltergeist—a-belfast-story.68390/page-2

After a brief skim, these are just some of the things he apparently suffered at the hands of the Black Lady depending on who’s telling the story:

Beatings, thrown over the banisters, knocked down stairs, having his face slapped & his head smashed off the walls & fireplace, head grabbed & banged on a radiator, punched & thrown into the air against a wall.

Personally I don’t hold much store that these actually happened but then I’m a sceptical bastard.

No dragging out of bed & dumping on the floor though.

Whenever there is a space that could hide an uninvited occupant (such as a rarely used cupboard) and there are reports of ghostly activity, my first thought goes to hidden uninvited occupant causing mischief while the invited occupants are away or sleeping.

On reflection, it seems unlikely to me that anyone who might be trying to hide in a disused priest hole would try to scare the legal residents by dragging one of them out of bed, because the resident could see who it was. The next thought is that the person who was supposedly dragged out of bed maybe had some kind of seizure, or a nightmare, which caused them to tumble out of bed themselves. There may have been some confused sensation of an outside agent dragging them, a sensation experienced during sleep. If that's not the case either, there is the possibility of some exaggeration on the part of the owner,either intended or unintended, when telling your Relation.

By the sounds of it tho,' it's the owner who needs the full story "beaten" out of him, not the Relation. Relation sounds delightfully willing to pass along the juicy details of this supposed haunting! :smghost: Keep 'em coming!

I presume you’re talking about this

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-beechmount-poltergeist—a-belfast-story.68390/page-2

After a brief skim, these are just some of the things he apparently suffered at the hands of the Black Lady depending on who’s telling the story:

Beatings, thrown over the banisters, knocked down stairs, having his face slapped & his head smashed off the walls & fireplace, head grabbed & banged on a radiator, punched & thrown into the air against a wall.

Personally I don’t hold much store that these actually happened but then I’m a sceptical bastard.

No dragging out of bed & dumping on the floor though.
A few on this site.
https://www.quora.com/Have-you-ever...trying-to-pull-you-out-of-your-bed-physically

How many are believable or not explained by nightmares, etc. is open to question. Google search for "ghost dragging people out of bed" gives this site and some videos, but with the usual caveat!

Whenever there is a space that could hide an uninvited occupant (such as a rarely used cupboard) and there are reports of ghostly activity, my first thought goes to hidden uninvited occupant causing mischief while the invited occupants are away or sleeping...

This is true. Although not terribly reassuring:

1)
I think there’s something in the cupboard!
Well go have a look.
Okay….
Argghhhhhh! There’s a ghost in the cupboard!!!

2)
I think there’s something in the cupboard!
Well…go have a look.
Okay….
Argghhhhhh! There’s a person in the cupboard!!!

To be perfectly honest, I think I might prefer option one.

I’ve experienced sleep paralysis twice and hope to never again but both times I felt as if I was being attacked dragged out of bed I actually moved down and across the bed my wife who witnessed it both times said it was me that moved myself rolling and pushing myself.

For fear of mockery I have never really shared this story, in the first house I lived in with my ex wife for a few years the bed would start to shake for no apparent reason (whilst I was in it I hasten to add), it was an old style bed it stopped doing it after a couple of years

For fear of mockery I have never really shared this story, in the first house I lived in with my ex wife for a few years the bed would start to shake for no apparent reason (whilst I was in it I hasten to add), it was an old style bed it stopped doing it after a couple of years
I have a metal framed bed that came with two thin metal vertical supports (like a T shape) that bolted to the frame underneath, about two feet from the head and bottom.

I found that this design had the effect of making the bed wobble about, (especially on a bare wood floor), so I replaced them with two pieces of 4 by 4 blocks of wood with a notch cut out in the top of each of them that fit up against the frame.

My bed wobbled a few years ago in a way that reminded me of an earth tremor. As there'd been no such seismological event in the timeframe and locality. I eventually put it down to activity in the underground salt works 11 or so miles away.

Today at work things went wrong. I was thus able to spend nearly an hour happily exchanging spooky stories with a colleague from another area.

Dave told me about a building he lived in some years ago. It was divided into two flats with an attic.
He and his fiancee took the lower flat. The upper one was better so he asked the landlord if he could rent it should the opportunity arise.

This was agreed and the tenant later moved out. After he left, Dave and fiancee were in bed one night when they both heard a crash from upstairs. It sounded like, he said, someone standing on furniture or a windowsill and jumping off onto the bare floorboards.
Next morning Dave borrowed the key and went in, expecting to see something like a wardrobe lying on its side. However, the flat was completely empty.

The flat was nice enough to take on anyway so they soon moved in.

From the first day there were minor incidents, for example when Dave would walk in and put his keys down on a table only to see them leap across the room and onto the floor. This happened repeatedly.

Small items would go missing. A glass on a shelf shattered. There's more which I'll ask him about when I see him again.

The best/scariest incident, he feels, was when he and Fiancee were in bed (again!) and both heard a scraping noise coming from the front door area.

As the rooms were all on one level they could see the door with their large heavy-based floorstanding lamp beside it.

The scraping sound was coming from the lamp swaying against the wall. It eventually tipped over and fell across the front door. Dave mentioned that this would block the door opening from outside even if it had been left unlocked.

Eventually the couple moved on. A male relation, who knew about the activity but didn't quite believe it, asked if they'd put in a good word for him with the landlord. They did and Relation took the flat.

Relation was immediately beset with the same sort of mild supernatural harassment. He didn't mind, it was a nice flat. :)

Dave also told me about a customer he'd met who'd insisted on giving him a message. This customer said she was a well-established medium which Dave could believe as she was dressed in an expensive boho style.

This message went something like:
A man is always with you. He is older and tall, and stands very uprightly, and he is laughing because you don't have your sea-legs like he does!
There was a little more description of the man's physical appearance.

Dave was astounded because this sounded like his late grandfather. Granddad had been a sailor and the 'sea-legs' comment was spot-on for the job Dave does.

Good, eh!

Back at t'depot, I chatted with a colleague who's currently doing the Last Man Standing shift.
Our depot is nicely spooky, as I've described, and Colleague told me about seeing and hearing people moving about in our Brew Room. When she strolled over to investigate she found nobody there. Didn't scare her as she's cool with the otherworldly.

Our manager came in and I said 'This place is WELL spooky. Remember the pink Croc?'
Manager did indeed recall when he and I were haunted by one of my pink Crocs a few years ago!

He then went on to tell us about the strangest experience he's ever had.

He and his wife, and their beloved spaniel, were on a break in the Royal Victoria Hotel in Prestatyn, north Wales.
(@DrPaulLee might be interested.)

Two interesting things happened.

First, Manager and Wife were sitting in the hotel room with the dog when it suddenly looked up and started growling.
It was staring at where the ceiling and wall met, appearing to track something that was moving along there.
Whatever it was, the dog seemed to watch it travelling along all four walls. There was steady growling until, Manager said, whatever it was went and the dog calmed down.

I have met this dog. It is a placid and friendly pet. If that dog growls, something is wrong. :nods:

The other incident occurred when the couple were settling down in bed. They were just past the pillow-plumping stage when they heard a loud, frenzied knocking. They assumed it was coming from the door so Manager leapt out of bed and sprinted over to open it.
The sound stopped as he opened the door.

Next morning staff asked how they'd liked the room. The couple told them about the dog and the banging. Ah, yes, that will be the ghost! came the reply.

It looks like the Royal Victoria has recently re-opened but no longer offers accommodation.

Back